Minion War - Aftermath

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Minion War - Aftermath

Unread post by Warshield73 »

So posting to a 15-year-old thread is sure to get locked so moving Minion war topic here.
gaby wrote:How do you see a Aftermath of Minion war in 3 Galaxiies and Do You want Palladium books to make a book on it.

Rifts Earth needed an Aftermath book following the Siege on Tolkeen because it had 20 plus interconnected books, many that mentioned the war, and many with specific demographic information that was effected by the war.

Phase World is 7(?) barely connected books, with minimal demographic information, and no mention of the war in any other book. Dimensional Outbreak is a great book but there isn't enough information in any books to need an aftermath book except maybe the city of Center. There might be enough of an impact on the city and its population to warrant a revision but that could be handled in like 2 or 3 pages in a new book if there is ever a new PW book.

Don't get me wrong MW is going to make a huge change in the 3G but since the world info is so thin in the existing books few changes are needed just consider it when creating new info.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
gaby
Knight

Re: Minion War - Aftermath

Unread post by gaby »

Good to known,Maybe a 3 Galaxies part 2,is a good way to set the aftermath and add updates and New Info.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

We didn't get an aftermath of the ForgeWars(which admittedly are more or less a permanent thing I'm guessing; somebody will ALWAYS be seeking the seat of Ultimate Power), though that might just be bleeding into the Minion War when the two factions learn of the Cosmic Forge).

Rather than wait, just wing your own take on what happens. Given how we've seen the Worlds of Warlock and the civilian spacecraft books be announced, then quietly deep-sixed, it's easier to come up with your own take on what happens.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

taalismn wrote:We didn't get an aftermath of the ForgeWars(which admittedly are more or less a permanent thing I'm guessing; somebody will ALWAYS be seeking the seat of Ultimate Power), though that might just be bleeding into the Minion War when the two factions learn of the Cosmic Forge).

Forget an aftermath, we never got a Forge War book. It was just mentioned in the Anvil Galaxy as part of the political dynamic of the 3G.

The Forge War, for the most part, seems to be a contrivance of the Demons and/or Infernals as a lead up to the Minion War which truthfully I always thought was a brilliant move on Gleba's part building his storyline on something that was around since the 3rd book but wasn't really doing much.

taalismn wrote:Rather than wait, just wing your own take on what happens. Given how we've seen the Worlds of Warlock and the civilian spacecraft books be announced, then quietly deep-sixed, it's easier to come up with your own take on what happens.

I love Phase World but there is a reason I haven't run it as a regular campaign in over a decade and that is you have to wing EVERYTHING. There are only about a dozen star systems that have any detail given, we have minimal demographics, the major militaries are poorly defined with no order of battle, there are only maybe 2 or 3 ships presented that are suitable for a player group (several more for individuals),... You get the point.

My suggestion is to come up with your basics of how bad the war was and its basic impact and then whenever you create a system or station for your PCs to visit just plug it in to the background.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I've always presumed because the space opera setting of Phaseworld is considered secondary canon to the real moneymaker, Rifts.
That is, the Three Galaxies are less a place that PCs start out from, and more of a place PCs from another setting, i.e. Rifts Earth, wind up visiting.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

taalismn wrote:I've always presumed because the space opera setting of Phaseworld is considered secondary canon to the real moneymaker, Rifts.
That is, the Three Galaxies are less a place that PCs start out from, and more of a place PCs from another setting, i.e. Rifts Earth, wind up visiting.

I agree that overall Rifts required a minion war (and bunch of other storylines) aftermath book more than the Phaseworld might.
The 3 Galaxies are both too expansive and at the same time too vaguely sketched out for much of anything to require more updating.

I have toyed with doing some Dimensional Outbreak-related stuff, like General Halthhag being replaced by Ahriman's agent General Ursus (from Mercenaries), Phase Demons deciding that whole war sucks for them, hijacking some of the Demon Planets and starting their own netherealm and campaign of atrocity upon mortals somewhere else among other nonsense, but in the end outside of Center everything will involve GM ad hoc homebrewing and winging from the get go.

Not to mention the current game i'm playing is a Rifts campaign set at our heavily revised version of the Gathering of Heroes, so we still have about half a decade of nonsense to happen before nearing the Coalition Wars, what to say the full-on infernal invasion even comes.... :-)

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”