Deevils in the 3 galaxies

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Deevils in the 3 galaxies

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

In my current campaign, I have a group of heroes (cosmo knight, demi-god mystic knight, wolfen quatoria, and super hero) that is taking place in the period just before the minion war.
One of the plot lines will be interactions with the Deevil controlled entity simply known as the The Company. They are a massive corporation that has their fingers in everything from security, cosmetics, real estate etc.
They have already had their first contact which was a tip that a group of demons was looking for an ancient temple containing some forms of weapons (they were magical melee weapons that do increased damage to a range of supernatural creatures. The demons wanted them to use against the deevils).
I need some ideas on different types of cargo, facilities etc that The Company could use the group to recover/protect etc that would not immediately alert the group that The Company is more than it seems. Basically, stuff that could be used for nefarious purposes, but on the outside seems harmless.
I'm trying to draw them away from the rather combat heavy campaign that it has been so far, and get them to do a little thinking and using skills more.
Furoan
Wanderer

Re: Deevils in the 3 galaxies

Unread post by Furoan »

Well, three options immediately present themselves to me, though it's been a while since I read through the Deevil's books.

1. The Cargo is a semi-large haul of semi-precious stones. On the outside looks like they might be used for jewellery or decoration but htye are being transported over for use in TW construction for weapons and ships to use in the Minion Wars.

2. The Cargo is people going to one of the Companies 'medical retreats', think fancy planet based hospital. Little do the party know however that once people land they don't necessarily leave. Or perhaps they do, but they have been 'replaced' by a Deevil in disguise. If the hospital is really fancy, maybe some rich and powerful people (I'm thinking CCW/TGE Admirals, Generals or Governors) have been replaced.

3. The Cargo is those beauty products you mentioned, but they are poised to cause those that use them to go berserk when a specific spell is cast, just the thing for the players to stumble upon and race to prevent before its cast over one of the CCW"s utopia worlds...
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

As to types of cargo first taalismn did a good chart Cargo Carriers of The Three Galaxies has a great listing for things like this.

Second DB 6: The Three Galaxies, pg. 151 has 100 cargos of the three galaxies plus details on cargo containers.

Now as for how to use skills more than combat make it a detective story where they have to use Intelligence, Interrogation and hacking. Your players take a pirate ship with strange cargo like shelters and food maybe mining equipment and they have to track it back to the source. After they investigate it turns out not to be stolen and leads to the company and some sort of horrible operation they have going on.

Or if your players have a fair number of Lore and research skills maybe the company asks them to acquire books and relics from various dealers. On their own none of these things are that bad but the picture that comes together gets more and more concerning.

Hope this helps.

Furoan wrote:Well, three options immediately present themselves to me, though it's been a while since I read through the Deevil's books.

1. The Cargo is a semi-large haul of semi-precious stones. On the outside looks like they might be used for jewellery or decoration but htye are being transported over for use in TW construction for weapons and ships to use in the Minion Wars.

I really like this one, if you have a TW or other mage in the group it can be especially good but just someone with Lore Magic might work.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Thanks for the ideas. The group is pretty heavy in the lore categories.
I already have plans for them to try and locate the world from Scraypers, as that is where the superhero is from. I figure they'll leak some info about a demon threat to get the group to try and backtrack his way to there. Their plan is to capture supers to try and experiment with turning them a bit more devilish or bestow super powers onto deevils..
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Thanks for the ideas. The group is pretty heavy in the lore categories.
I already have plans for them to try and locate the world from Scraypers, as that is where the superhero is from. I figure they'll leak some info about a demon threat to get the group to try and backtrack his way to there. Their plan is to capture supers to try and experiment with turning them a bit more devilish or bestow super powers onto deevils..

Do you have Armageddon Unlimited? If that is the angle you are taking there are some great ideas in here.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

I do. I'll have to reread it and see what is in there. I want to go with Scraypers as the actual planet due to the connection with a player, but I should be able to simply adapt the setting.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”