Questions about Center and the Checkpoints

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

narcissus
Explorer

Questions about Center and the Checkpoints

Unread post by narcissus »

I'm going to be bringing my Rifts group to Phase World and have them rift in on level 9 or 10. I don't really understand how the checkpoints between levels work though. The group will have a robot pilot with a Triax Super Hunter. DB2 states that

DB2 p.20 wrote:The checkpoints at levels 5 and 6 are reasonably strict and well-manned. At levels 7 and higher, however, vigilance is minimal and almost anybody can be let in, even people with heavy weapons

So how does getting out of those levels work, especially for a team with a 20' tall robot? They will be going to the Spaceport on level 2, so how exactly do they get there? Is he just allowed to walk through the checkpoints with his bot? Does he have to leave it with security and they ship it to level 2? For that matter, if they let people into level 7 "even people with heavy weapons", how do those people get heavy weapons from, say, the markets on level 4 through levels 5 and 6? I'm kind of confused as to how this all works.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Questions about Center and the Checkpoints

Unread post by Warshield73 »

DB 12: Dimensional Outbreak has more up to date information on the City of Center. I believe it has better information on the checkpoints but I'm not sure what page it is.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
narcissus
Explorer

Unread post by narcissus »

Warshield73 wrote:DB 12: Dimensional Outbreak has more up to date information on the City of Center. I believe it has better information on the checkpoints but I'm not sure what page it is.

Thanks! I'm running in 103 P.A., so didn't even think to check Dimensional Outbreak. Great info in there.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

narcissus wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:DB 12: Dimensional Outbreak has more up to date information on the City of Center. I believe it has better information on the checkpoints but I'm not sure what page it is.

Thanks! I'm running in 103 P.A., so didn't even think to check Dimensional Outbreak. Great info in there.

If you assume the invasion of Center occurs in 110 PA then almost everything in that book is already in affect and flying around except Cormal herself. This means you can have lots events from the book or characters in it floating around as background.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”