Bio Sensors & Creatures of Magic

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Bio Sensors & Creatures of Magic

Unread post by Warshield73 »

So I was reading over the portable scanner from the Three Galaxies book and I noticed in the description of the bio-unit about creatures of magic.

DB 6: The Three Galaxies, Pg. 105 the PSE-7000 Portable Scanner has a Bio-Unit add on wrote:Bio-Unit. This device helps to track and pinpoint life signs. All living creatures give off a unique bio-signature. This scanner reads that signature and translates it into usable data. It can pick up all life signs within a 500 foot (152 m) area, however it can't differentiate life signs that are huddled together. If the library function is installed, it has a 70% chance to identify what the life sign is. This scanner does have a few limitations, creatures of magic are invisible to it, any creatures with a naturally occurring Phase Field, like Prometheans, disrupt a hundred foot (30.5 m) area, and supernatural creatures can be identified as such, but the scanner is unable to distinguish between the different types of supernatural beings. The software for this add-on takes up 3 terabytes of memory. Weight: 8 ounces (0.23 kg). Market Cost: 120,000 credits.

My questions is are Anvil-Dwarves, Star Elves, Space Minotaurs, and other creatures considered creatures of magic?

I have seen a few discussions of what exactly qualifies as creatures of magic on here but I couldn't find anything specific. Just to complicate matters these races are described as possibly being related to Asgardian Elves and Dwarves. Are these two considered creatures of magic? Is a regular Minotaur?

If you have something from a book that answers this, I would love to get a reference otherwise opinions welcome.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Bio Sensors & Creatures of Magic

Unread post by The Beast »

Page 8 of Mysteries of Magic Book 1 has definitions of what CoMs and SNBs are.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Bio Sensors & Creatures of Magic

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The Beast wrote:Page 8 of Mysteries of Magic Book 1 has definitions of what CoMs and SNBs are.

Thanks. I haven't read that book since it came out. I had originally classified Asgardian elves and dwarves as CoMs but this is actually a pretty solid definition.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”