backfiring Rift-Projector cannons

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

backfiring Rift-Projector cannons

Unread post by Axelmania »

These were first defined on pg 155-156 of DB2, though I don't think were included on any ships except for DB3's Dwarven Iron Ship on 96-97...

What I'm wondering about is the cumulative chance of backfiring... would anything ever cause that % to decrease? Like a time-based cooldown (say... minus 0.5% per day?) or something like resetting to 0% chance when it actually does backfire? Or maybe not a drop to 0 but something like each backfire reducing the % chance by 1% or something like that?

Neither of these is actually mentioned so it seems like eventually you would approach 100% backfire and ever shot would backfire, making the gun useless against others and only good for self-sabotage.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: backfiring Rift-Projector cannons

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I think it's less a matter of cooldown resetting and more you need Techno-Wizard to perform maintance and manually remove the penalties.

After all, ALL guns have a culumunative misfire chance every time you fire them that eventually goes up to 100% if you never clean or perform routine matiance on them. That's not in the rules so much as a law of physics and why engineers are in such high demand in technological soceities.

The Dimensional Energies are just more disruptive and require constant maitance to keep in working order.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”