Does the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle have its own power supply?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GT
Explorer

Does the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle have its own power supply?

Unread post by GT »

Has it ever been clarified if the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle has its own power supply?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Does the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle have its own power supp

Unread post by Warshield73 »

GT wrote:Has it ever been clarified if the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle has its own power supply?

Most power armor energy weapons are tied directly into the PA. They only have a separate power supply if stated, usually under payload stat.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Does the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle have its own power supp

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Candy wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
GT wrote:Has it ever been clarified if the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle has its own power supply?

Most power armor energy weapons are tied directly into the PA. They only have a separate power supply if stated, usually under payload stat.

I think a better question is how the power would get there as it doesn't seem like there's a visible cord to cut like I think I recall there being for some weapons in Warlords of Russia.

Like could power be transferred through a port in the hand, so it doesn't require a cord to target?

It doesn't help that the cover of DB3 makes it look like that thing takes E-clips/E-canisters. It doesn't appear to require 2 hands to fire so that huge bulky thing on the bottom doesn't seem to be purely for a grip.

The cover of DB 3 and the picture in DB 2 are pretty much the same. I have always assumed that magazine looking thing was for the grenade launcher as that is the only thing makes sense.

As for where the power comes from, I agree it is probably from the grip, similar to how Skelebots power their laser rifles.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”