Cosmo Knights Weapons

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Cosmo Knights Weapons

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I am creating a powerful group of characters (demi-gods or godlings, maybe a mega-hero) centered around a trio of Cosmo knights for a convention game. I am also making the villains a group of fallen knights and the villains they work with.

While creating the knights I ran into some issues with the cosmic weapons the CKs can create. As usual if there is something in one of the books I've missed please let me know otherwise I am just looking for how others have done this in their games or opinions as to how it should work.

1 - Can a knight create more than one weapon? If the knight is willing to sacrifice the MDC/PPE to do it can they create paired weapons like with see with the CK on the cover of Dimension Book 6?

I am inclined to say yes but love to hear other's thoughts on the issue.

2 - Does a weapon survive the death of a Knight? The weapon is described as indestructible and we know it can be stolen but if the Knight dies is it just left there?

My answer is yes.

3 - What if a CK dies without summoning their weapon, does it appear near the body?

I have no answer here, really just wondering what people think. I am inclined to say no.

4 - When a knight dies or has fallen can someone else use the weapon? When they are alive it is clearly no because the weapon must be restrained from returning to the CK but after they die could someone use it as an MD Weapon? Would it return to them when thrown as the wielder?

I am saying yes, mainly because I want the bad guys in my games to be able to use them.

5 - There are three potential powers listed in DB2 has anyone created additional powers for these weapons, if so what were they?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Re: Cosmo Knights Weapons

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

1. I don't see why not.

2. I'd say so, the thing is indestructible.

3. I'd say, no.

4. I'd say, yes someone could use it if it's a melee weapon, but it wouldn't return when thrown. Only the Knight could use the bow or energy weapon variants, especially to focus a cosmic blast.

5. I haven't really explored this bit, though I would say only the knight who created the weapon could use the special abilities... even if someone else knew the weapon had any special abilities in the first place.

One question I've always wondered is, are cosmic weapons considered magical? I can see the argument going either way.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Cosmo Knights Weapons

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Fenris2020 wrote:1. I don't see why not.

2. I'd say so, the thing is indestructible.

3. I'd say, no.

4. I'd say, yes someone could use it if it's a melee weapon, but it wouldn't return when thrown. Only the Knight could use the bow or energy weapon variants, especially to focus a cosmic blast.

5. I haven't really explored this bit, though I would say only the knight who created the weapon could use the special abilities... even if someone else knew the weapon had any special abilities in the first place.

One question I've always wondered is, are cosmic weapons considered magical? I can see the argument going either way.

Thanks for the input. As for what cosmic weapons are considered there was a conversation about Cosmo Knight's powers. It seems most people treat them as magical beings and weapons.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”