What are the types of FTL in Mechanoids?

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What are the types of FTL in Mechanoids?

Unread post by gaby »

What are types of FTL in Mechanoids?

How fast is each of them.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: What are the types of FTL in Mechanoids?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

There is no FTL in mechanoids like Phase World. It uses jump system.

The Mechanoids use a psionic jump system from a race called Phi-Warpers. The speed of travel varies as it takes 30 days to travel 100k LY while it only takes 60 day to travel 500k LY. All the charts are in the Mechanoid Trilogy book pg163-165.

Other races use one of four different tech based jump systems with a max range of 1k LY for the cheapest to 100k LY for the most expensive. Time of travel varies too. Tables are Pages 176-177.

Truthfully, I have always preferred these jump systems to the FTL of Phase World.

I hope this helped.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: What are the types of FTL in Mechanoids?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Warshield73 wrote:There is no FTL in mechanoids like Phase World. It uses jump system.

The Mechanoids use a psionic jump system from a race called Phi-Warpers. The speed of travel varies as it takes 30 days to travel 100k LY while it only takes 60 day to travel 500k LY. All the charts are in the Mechanoid Trilogy book pg163-165.

Other races use one of four different tech based jump systems with a max range of 1k LY for the cheapest to 100k LY for the most expensive. Time of travel varies too. Tables are Pages 176-177.

Truthfully, I have always preferred these jump systems to the FTL of Phase World.

I hope this helped.

It helped save ME a lot of typing.
Good post!
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “The Mechanoids®”