I just bought RECON: deluxe revised, advanced, etc.

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

I got my copy a few years ago. What I did was write up a short "Character Creation" book on the computer and printed some copies, put them in binders and gave them to my players. That way if one's gets KIA or needs a medivac they can write up a new one as the game goes on. You can easily put a new character in as a drop in replacement.

I wrote my first adventure as a "welcome to the Nam" adventure. The players were part of a larger group that were traveling in APCs to another Base Camp when they were ambushed by a well prepared group of VC. The player characters were the only ones from the group to survive. The players now had to navigate through the jungles attempting to find the Base Camp that they were heading for originally.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Lucky bought it and I'm one of his players. I don't know how I played anything prior to this!
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Hey, some of us civilians ARE Vets, ya know....;)
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

Not all of us are unaware.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Mephisto wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:I got my copy a few years ago. What I did was write up a short "Character Creation" book on the computer and printed some copies, put them in binders and gave them to my players. That way if one's gets KIA or needs a medivac they can write up a new one as the game goes on. You can easily put a new character in as a drop in replacement.

I wrote my first adventure as a "welcome to the Nam" adventure. The players were part of a larger group that were traveling in APCs to another Base Camp when they were ambushed by a well prepared group of VC. The player characters were the only ones from the group to survive. The players now had to navigate through the jungles attempting to find the Base Camp that they were heading for originally.

Do you still have that book? Because I was thinking of buying Recon but is it sooo lethal, that spending a lot of time on making new characters seemed to be a pain.

All I have left is a notebook copy. Somethings wrong with the computer that I had it on that's frying out the power supply, but I'm re-writing it on another computer. Once it's done I'll give you a coppy if you like.

It does include my house rules though- so you can give or take those as you like. :P
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
djlittle1960
D-Bee

Re:

Unread post by djlittle1960 »

Lucky wrote:
Aaryq wrote: I don't know how I played anything prior to this!

AMEN.

I am going to cry bittersweet tears when I get out of the Marines Corps and have to play this game with a bunch of soft, nasty civilians.

LMAO! That is "Nasty ASS Civilians"
slade the sniper
Hero

Re:

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Lucky wrote:
Aaryq wrote: I don't know how I played anything prior to this!

AMEN.

I am going to cry bittersweet tears when I get out of the Marines Corps and have to play this game with a bunch of soft, nasty civilians.

Easy fix...stick it out till they kick you out...you can do 20+ years and I think you can do 30 years as an E-9 I think.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
turko
D-Bee

Re:

Unread post by turko »

Lucky wrote:I am going to cry bittersweet tears when I get out of the Marines Corps and have to play this game with a bunch of soft, nasty civilians.

Hey, playing with civilians/non-vets is great... you can make s**t up and no one will call you on it!
His Dudeness
D-Bee
Comment: That rug tied the whole room together, man.

Re: Re:

Unread post by His Dudeness »

turko wrote:
Lucky wrote:I am going to cry bittersweet tears when I get out of the Marines Corps and have to play this game with a bunch of soft, nasty civilians.

Hey, playing with civilians/non-vets is great... you can make s**t up and no one will call you on it!

I remember doing that a few times. Sometimes with fellow service members from different branches of service. :lol: Oh good times.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Re: I just bought RECON: deluxe revised, advanced, etc.

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Lucky wrote:Also, would green army men serve as good miniatures?

YES! (even though this thread is eight-years old). Back in '07, we had a game like that; I went to Walmart and got the good, green army men (one pack) and then I went to the Dollar Store and got three packs of tan Chinese made, smaller army men to simulate a communist invasion of an island held by the USMC. We played outside on the patio; the USMC had an M48 (I found it in another green army men pack) and one 105mm howitzer (came with pack). The Asian communists were assumed to have disembarked landing craft and wading ashore with several 76mm naval artillery. The USMC had two Mustangs in which I sent against the communist naval destroyers (that damaged one and prevented it from shelling but there were two more). One Mustang got hit and had to return to base. The other came back and strafed the communists. It was pretty much a turkey-shoot for the USMC. The tank was the factor. Though, most of the USMC were killed and all survivors were wounded, the majority of the communists were killed with only a few to try to swim back to their ships. The tank, I remembered, suffered a few RPG hits and disabled, but they were non-hits. I should have bought six or nine tan-packs.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”