TMNT in After the Bomb 2nd edition

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

PiperHolmes
Newb

TMNT in After the Bomb 2nd edition

Unread post by PiperHolmes »

Hello all: First time poster, long time Palladium games player.

So I cut my teeth (Palladium wise) on the old TMNT RPG, back in the mid 80s. Recently, my sons and I have gotten into the new TMNT TV show (that recently ended in 2017), and I was thinking about setting up a game for them.

I still have some of my old TMNT RPG books, but I read somewhere that at some point, Palladium was going to do a second edition of TMNT, but lost the license. But they wound up using the notes for TMNT 2nd edition to form the core of After the Bomb 2nd Edition.

I'm thinking about picking up the AtB 2nd edition and using that as a basis for this new game. To that end, had some questions:

1. It looks like AtB 2nd edition has pretty much all the animals from the old TMNT books, and I'm assuming the BIO E system, attribute modifiers and skill packages have all been updated to reflect the evolution of the Palladium System.

2. This presumably means the old TMNT products and character write ups need to be updated as well. For instance, I believe when TMNT was released, characters only got the melee attacks of their HtH, plus whatever they gained from HtH levelled bonuses and Boxing. Later on, it was HTH # Melee/Attacks plus 2. Yadda yadda.

2.a. Has there ever been updated write ups for the core TMNT characters? The boys want to play Michaelangelo and Leonardo. I can certainly update these, but was just curious if there was something 'semi official'.

3. Were the education packages kept largely intact, or are they different? The updated RIFTs Conversion Book 1 seems to suggest they weren't.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
syntheticlife4m
D-Bee

Re: TMNT in After the Bomb 2nd edition

Unread post by syntheticlife4m »

Nope, gotta update them yourself. I took their stats and updated them to fit my game, but made them using the rules in Heroes Unlimited 2 and the dual-class Mega Hero rules in Rifter 37

Leonardo - Mutant Animal/Ancient Weapon Master (Powers Unlimited 2)
Donatello - Mutant Animal/Analytical Genius (Powers Unlimited 2)
Raphael - Mutant Animal/Vigilante
Michelangelo - Mutant Animal/Physical Training
fb.com/thepalladiummegaverse
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: TMNT in After the Bomb 2nd edition

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

PiperHolmes wrote:Hello all: First time poster, long time Palladium games player.

So I cut my teeth (Palladium wise) on the old TMNT RPG, back in the mid 80s. Recently, my sons and I have gotten into the new TMNT TV show (that recently ended in 2017), and I was thinking about setting up a game for them.

Welcome! I to learned about rpg's from TMNT&OS in the 80's (88). It's fantastic that you're getting your kids in the game. There are some amazing threads here about gaming with kids. I'll post links. Hopefully they'll help make the experience a great one for you and your boys.
my 7 year old and Palladium Books <-- highly recommend
Introducing a kid to the hobby, please help
Something wonderful: advise requested
Keeping it PG.
Back in the swing of things
Rifts....for kids

PiperHolmes wrote:I still have some of my old TMNT RPG books, but I read somewhere that at some point, Palladium was going to do a second edition of TMNT, but lost the license. But they wound up using the notes for TMNT 2nd edition to form the core of After the Bomb 2nd Edition.

I'm thinking about picking up the AtB 2nd edition and using that as a basis for this new game. To that end, had some questions:

1. It looks like AtB 2nd edition has pretty much all the animals from the old TMNT books, and I'm assuming the BIO E system, attribute modifiers and skill packages have all been updated to reflect the evolution of the Palladium System.

Yes and No. Character generation is essentially the same, but the education/backgrounds have changed. As for the BIO-E system players can now take disadvantages which give them back BIO-E points in return, Tiger character not awesome enough? Take the vestigial trait carnivore diet and get 5(?) BIO-E in return.
Stil not super amazeballs? Take the vestigial trait predator brain and get 10 more BIO-E. Now you can only eat meat and are likely to attack and kill your friends, but +15 BIO-E isn't anything to sneeze at.

Here are fan created links to updated backgrounds from the AtB supplements. Sadly, nothing official has been done.
https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81106&hilit=background This one has Mutants Down Under
https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23873&hilit=road+hog This one has Road Hogs
https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=88689&hilit=avalon This one has Mutants in Avalon
https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=88485 Another Mutants Down Under

If There is one for Mutants of the Yucatan I can't seem/remember where to find it.

As far as updates and conversions to the 2e animals. Look here.
Rathorc's New Mutants
Revised Mutant Animals
New Mutant Animals [/quote]

PiperHolmes wrote:2. This presumably means the old TMNT products and character write ups need to be updated as well. For instance, I believe when TMNT was released, characters only got the melee attacks of their HtH, plus whatever they gained from HtH levelled bonuses and Boxing. Later on, it was HTH # Melee/Attacks plus 2. Yadda yadda.
I believe it has been updated to the standard 2 attacks per living. Any additional attacks come from boxing, enhanced biology etc.

PiperHolmes wrote:2.a. Has there ever been updated write ups for the core TMNT characters? The boys want to play Michaelangelo and Leonardo. I can certainly update these, but was just curious if there was something 'semi official'.
Nope all TMNT characters were lost when they let the license slep.

PiperHolmes wrote:3. Were the education packages kept largely intact, or are they different? The updated RIFTs Conversion Book 1 seems to suggest they weren't.
Nope, they're different. see the above links.

PiperHolmes wrote:Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you have any other questions feel free to shoot a reply. Or ask (in no particular order) for help. They're all great ATB2 resources.
Rali
Thyfur
Mephisto
mack-sting
Hotrod
Glitterboy2098
Rathorc Lemenger

PS if you need any idea's for generating a quick campaign I LOVE the following. Just leave out the Supernatural element and you're golden
THE HANDY DANDY RANDOM ADVENTURE GENERATOR
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”