Gulf States Netbook

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tearstone
Adventurer

Re: Gulf States Netbook

Unread post by Tearstone »

Nice!

Uh, when are stats forthcoming on the bugs?

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

You picked a nice area to play with.
Lots of islands big and small, that may not even be on the Bugs list of places.

Gulf Coast map.
Gulf Coast Platforms map
Wikipedia page
The Gulf Coast is a highly productive economic region with many industries relating to fishing, aerospace, agriculture, biomedical research, and tourism. The region is anchored by the cities of Houston, New Orleans, Mobile, and Tampa, all the centers of their respective metropolitan areas and containing large ports.

Lots of places for Missions..
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Tearstone
Adventurer

wewt! Thanks Phalanx.

Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Do you have anything for how to stop the oil flowing and the ecological disaster that occurs after the bugs destroy one of the rigs?

Just kidding! What you have presented so far is great. Maybe something about pirates from farther out in the gulf? Or the Mexican coast? With a lower technology level the Mexican coast wouldn't be as susceptible to the bugs.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Tearstone
Adventurer

Actually, Phalanx, I have some pieces of Organitech that come to mind that could be added to the GulfStates netbook. Hit me up if you're interested.

Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

I don't know much on System Failure, I only skimmed the main book as it didn't seem to draw any interest in me, but really like what you have.
I'd be using quite a bit of this for Rifts like using that MV-23 as a GAW design.
The rigs and platforms I really like, used to work for Gulf Copper in Galveston repairing and refurbishing them.
Any plans to create jack up boats-barges, those things would go great with what you have so far.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
Tearstone
Adventurer

Well, the Tex Lonestar Cav is one source of Organitech. There are other Eggheads out there that have either left NORAD, are part of a NORAD field team, or have 'borrowed' the Organitech secrets.

And at least one of the things I have in mind is something that could have been created by Lonestar Cav, if they have special underwater operations teams, either construction, demo, or for amphibious warfare.

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Haven't fully looked over the site but what I saw looked good.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Tearstone
Adventurer

Interesting take.

Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Way cool! :)
They can't see me...Right!?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Phalanx, i suggest you add a subsection to the DUKW entry. the versions used by the ride the ducks experiances, which are new builds based on the WW plans, can carry alot more than 12 people in their passenger area. more like 30*. these models however have their passenger area riding higher than the military style and don't have space for cargo beyond a few carryons.

these civilian models would actually be more common than the WW2 styles, and so should have an entry. especially since you have at least a half dozen places to salvage them from across the country.

(*based on my memories of the one i went on in Branson. i even got to drive it for a bit when it was out on lake Taney..fun)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Systems Failure™”