Savage Rifts Brand Manager steps down

Welcome to the Palladium Books destination for all things Savage Rifts™. Please keep conversions to items, people, etc found in the various Rifts books and/or Savage Rifts books.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Savage Rifts Brand Manager steps down

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

From Jodi Black, Pinnacle COO:
Given Sean's many projects for Evil Beagle and the need to respond appropriately to allegations of harassment made on ENWorld, Sean has stepped down as Savage Rifts® Brand Manager. He will continue to edit the rules sections he's been so integral to and the rest of the team is carrying on and consulting with Sean as needed.

The allegations are detailed in a rather lengthy article here, with Sean's lengthy response here.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Re: Savage Rifts Brand Manager steps down

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Sean has posted a more recent response here, which I am including as it is a LOT shorter than his initial one.
The first instinct of the privileged when they sense they are under attack is a vigorous and spirited defense.

The first instinct of the marginalized is something quite different – acceptance, retreat, avoidance, all the while hoping others don't jump in to elevate the attack any further.

That's something I should have parsed from the very beginning of all of this. I followed my first instinct, from my position of privilege, and engaged in a vigorous and spirited defense. I sought to assert facts and point out nuances; I sought to establish problems with how the article was put together, what was missing, who might have cause to do me harm...

None of that matters.

We are in a very difficult, but very important time in our growth as a society. We are trying to tear down barriers that lie in the way of those who have suffered. We are trying to open doors, shatter ceilings, and give protection to the millions who have suffered in silence, or who were silenced.

The details of this article, frankly, don't matter anywhere near as much as I wanted to believe. What matters is that I have in some way caused damage. I have acted in manners that have caused others harm and discomfort.

What matters more is that an effort is undertaken to hear those who are in pain, giving them cover and comfort to come forth, while those like me take every such situation and reevaluate every way in which we've created discomfort and a lack of inclusivity.

I am sorry to anyone who has ever been caused harm by my actions, intentional or not. You should be a part of community without ever having to feel afraid or disgusted or objectified, and I will continue to do all I can to work towards that.

That is all that truly needs to be said about this.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Savage Rifts Brand Manager steps down

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Fwiw, Shane says this doesn't impact SR. For my own knowledge, Sean had turned over development of books on SR to others anyway, though it sounds like he is writing some of the crunch.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com

Return to “Savage Rifts™”