Battle pods breaking

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slaaneshgod
Wanderer

Battle pods breaking

Unread post by slaaneshgod »

Anyone else have issues with the larger guns on battlepods breaking off in the middle? We have had 4 break this week. The other half had one fall off the table on the carpet and both guns did it. Can only find part of one of them. It is really frustrating and upsetting her and I both.
May the killer rabbit eternal servant of chaos always prevail!
Prince of Excess!!!
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Re: Battle pods breaking

Unread post by Kryptt »

I've rarely had my pods break. What glue are you using? I'm using the Tamiya thin glue. It works great for the battle pods. Unfortunately it's not so great with my Valkyries. Those minis fall apart if I even look at them funny. That's why I stopped playing and putting the rest of my pledge together. On a scale from 1 to 10 I'd give the pods a 7 or 8. The VF-1 in all three modes a 3 or 4 because of the lousy design with the arms on the B and G modes along with the overall terrible design of the model.
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

It isn't the glue that breaks its the gun itself. Just above the ball that gets glued into the socket.
Prince of Excess!!!
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

I use gf9 or army painter super glue with no issues. The minis themselves like to give me issues.
Prince of Excess!!!
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Since it's the BP's guns, all you need is some Tamiya thin glue. It works great on the BP guns.
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

The problem isn't the glue the glued on area is still there.
Prince of Excess!!!
IWillNeverGrowUp
D-Bee

Unread post by IWillNeverGrowUp »

I havn't had an issue with any parts breaking .. yet. Then again, I havn't had them fall on the floor either.

From past experience with wargame minis breaking like this, the only thing you can really do is replace the part or patch it up as best you can. It's a common issue with minis (plastics and metals alike) but much easier to fix with plastics really.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Kryptt wrote:I've rarely had my pods break. What glue are you using? I'm using the Tamiya thin glue. It works great for the battle pods. Unfortunately it's not so great with my Valkyries. Those minis fall apart if I even look at them funny. That's why I stopped playing and putting the rest of my pledge together. On a scale from 1 to 10 I'd give the pods a 7 or 8. The VF-1 in all three modes a 3 or 4 because of the lousy design with the arms on the B and G modes along with the overall terrible design of the model.

I've had no issuses with any of them, once they are together.

slaaneshgod wrote:Anyone else have issues with the larger guns on battlepods breaking off in the middle? We have had 4 break this week. The other half had one fall off the table on the carpet and both guns did it. Can only find part of one of them. It is really frustrating and upsetting her and I both.

Only one has broken, and that one was dropped on the floor. You might have just gotten some bad ones.
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

Ok it just seemed odd how often I've had it happen now. Thanks for the feedback and experiences. I will have battle damaged pods I guess. Lol. I tried requesting a replacement part but it's been weeks and they haven't answered there support request ticket at all.
Prince of Excess!!!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”