Gap Filling

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sargent Whisenhunt
D-Bee

Gap Filling

Unread post by Sargent Whisenhunt »

I'm having a problem with the gaps in the models. Does anyone have suggestions on what gap filler to use.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Gap Filling

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Sargent Whisenhunt wrote:I'm having a problem with the gaps in the models. Does anyone have suggestions on what gap filler to use.

I would suggest Games Workshop's liquid green, yes it is a tad expensive but you only need a little.

Otherwise any two part epoxy (green or grey whatever) will do, but will need light sanding once cured.
Sargent Whisenhunt
D-Bee

Unread post by Sargent Whisenhunt »

wilycoyote wrote:
Sargent Whisenhunt wrote:I'm having a problem with the gaps in the models. Does anyone have suggestions on what gap filler to use.

I would suggest Games Workshop's liquid green, yes it is a tad expensive but you only need a little.

Otherwise any two part epoxy (green or grey whatever) will do, but will need light sanding once cured.

Thanks.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

if the gaps are not super big, you can also just use a little gel super glue and wipeaway the excess before it sets.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Just a quick add, finally got my hands on the kits/models at the weekend - I am based in the UK - and quickly put ogether some tests from each sprue.

The Spartan/Phalanx is definately the worst culprit but nothing major, so I wondered what "glue" you were using. I have seen a lot of pepole online using various types of super glue. Me I use Revell polysterene cement and the gentle melt this has when bonding really cuts down on any gaps and seams - I know others report the same using testors.

Might not be so , but a change of glue might help as well

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”