So...how is phase 2 coming along?

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sakieh
D-Bee

So...how is phase 2 coming along?

Unread post by Sakieh »

We saw lots of render and model pictures from phase 1 when it was in the works.
Since we are actually approaching when they were expecting Phase 2 to be coming
out, I am wondering when we will start seeing updates featuring that? Because I am
really looking forward to the Gnerls, Lancers, Ghosts, Zent Power Armors, Glaug-Eldare,
Monster, VF-4s, and Recon Valks and VF-1Ds.

I really hope all the hate on the kickstarter comments over everything hasn't made
them decide to hush up about ongoing development.
Huckebeinmk2
D-Bee

Re: So...how is phase 2 coming along?

Unread post by Huckebeinmk2 »

IMO, PB is busy sending ROW pledges, I think we will have some news after January 2015.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

It's not like they can't do both at the same time.

Sure, "shipping like demons" probably eats up a lot of time and energy, but them doing backbreaking labour doesn't prevent a company from advancing work on the 3D models, or from another from printing off a prototype, or the factory cutting molds, etc, etc.

Granted, those gentlemen and ladies building boxes and filling them with backer orders may delay/slow down the process of getting wave two ready, but it's not like the people doing the renders or cutting the molds are also the ones building boxes.

And if wave two is being held up for weeks and months because of said manual labour, perhaps that's worth investing in some extra paid labour. Gencon 2015 is only 8 months and change away, after all...
Malcontent-Khyron
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Malcontent-Khyron »

I just Need a single Heavy Zent Infantry and a Monster destroid so I can Finally do my Khyron riding a Monster conversion I'm foaming at the mouth for.
Why are they using such primative weapons?
ronekiln
Wanderer

Unread post by ronekiln »

Given the lack of evidence for any meaningful work being completed on phase 2, and how long it took to get done what was allegedly nearly finished even before the kickstarter, I would not expect to see anything prior to 2016 for phase 2. Unless they have a huge amount of work done they've not publicized, they have just as much work ahead to get phase 2 done as they had to invest into phase 1. Hopefully they've learned enough to function more quickly and efficiently.
Malcontent-Khyron
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Malcontent-Khyron »

I hope your wrong(athough you may be correct) the Model range released for zent, are too limited to sustain the game alone for long. I think UEDF players could probly stay fully enthralled for the next year before getting their new toys but. Zentredi need a few of these things sooner than later. Not to mention Malcontents with currently only 2 fieldable units.
Why are they using such primative weapons?
ronekiln
Wanderer

Unread post by ronekiln »

Having seen Palladium consistently this late (or more) with their books since the early 90's, I expected this when I first invested in the Kickstarter. I would be amazed if this actually succeeded as a wargame. I just saw the update explaining the Aussies haven't even had their stuff shipped yet and the Europeans have their stuff sitting at port. Meanwhile everyone overseas is reporting it already being in their local stores for over a month. Given Amazon UK has had it over a month, I believe their claims. That does not make for a happy or loyal gaming community.

I've played the role-playing game since the early 90's. It was a huge part of my teen years and young adulthood. So I just wanted the pieces for use in the role-playing game. I'm happy to have them. I don't mind waiting till 2016 for the rest of my stuff. But I really feel for everyone that invested in it unaware of Palladiums track record and hoping for a strong wargaming community to form around this product.

If you get half a dozen people locally that really enjoy the game, that should be enough to give you a lot of good games and good value for your money. Don't count on Palladium making the community. Go make your own small community. In the long run, you'll have more pride in it anyway. And worse case scenario, we all have some pretty cool display armies for our china cabinets.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”