The first of the invasion arrives!

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

The first of the invasion arrives!

Unread post by Phaze »

My first mini is completed. After a 3 year hiatus from painting minis, my first of 400+ Robotech minis is completed.

It is a glaug.

Its not my best work, but for my demo set of minis, I would consider it 'Table' quality. I need to work on my bases, I don't like how this came out and will have to try something else, but I am going to leave this one alone.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Robotech%20Games/20141110_222418.jpg

Heres to an army of Zents coming your way!

BTW... Happy Veterans Day to those of us that served with the US forces, but I would also extend my appreciation to all those veterans the world over that fight the good fight. Every Veteran I have met, both domestic and foreign, enter into service in an effort to make the world a better place. Today, in the US, we honor those who have served, or are serving, with those same intentions, especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our peace, security, and the freedom to pursue our interests.

Game ON!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: The first of the invasion arrives!

Unread post by Pythdamion »

Looks good, first one builds confidence for the next 400+
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by jdarr5000 »

phaze what did you use to make more of the bit that holds the missle pods on the regults?

from the picture its green stuff and some mold of some type is the mold instantmold ?
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

Great use of the Dito mold material. I have only used that stuff once but it saved my bacon on a warmachine commission.

Phaze I'm looking at your officer pod and its a nice table top job. But remember it needs to be colorful! you must dazzle your opponent into submission! His gaze must be hypnotically drawn to your 400+ mecha. He must stand helpless as his gamer soul cringes in self loathing for daring to place half painted miniatures on the same table as your work.

That's how to win, forget skill, forget tactics, march forward in full colored martial glory!
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

jdarr5000 wrote:phaze what did you use to make more of the bit that holds the missle pods on the regults?

from the picture its green stuff and some mold of some type is the mold instantmold ?

Yup... Its instant mold. Works suprisenly well.

godsgopher wrote:Phaze I'm looking at your officer pod and its a nice table top job. But remember it needs to be colorful! you must dazzle your opponent into submission! His gaze must be hypnotically drawn to your 400+ mecha. He must stand helpless as his gamer soul cringes in self loathing for daring to place half painted miniatures on the same table as your work.

That's how to win, forget skill, forget tactics, march forward in full colored martial glory!

Working on a wifi control system to flash leds from the Glaugs arms using my phone as a remote device. It might have to wait for the Monster though, more room to play with. Will that work? :lol:

That should one up my monolith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaeZYaLFmZ8

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Monolith%20Build/DSCI0256.jpg
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

Ok you obviously exceed me in electronic ability. As to wiring up a Glaug your arms have plenty of room, but the connector to the body is too thin to move a wire through. So each hand would have to be wired separately. Also once you get those together, there not coming apart. So have to be sure of what your doing.

Frankly a glaug with flashing LED guns would be a major fire magnet. At least the monolith is hard enough to soak up that kind of attention. And while I think the monster is the perfect model to do this with I dont think its current version is hardy enough to survive serious enemy attention.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”