All About the Bitz

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

All About the Bitz

Unread post by McPherson »

Hey all,

While I'm sitting here waiting to hear when shipping to the UK is due I am asking those lucky people who have actually received their boxes so far.

When assembling the models how many pieces are left over unused on the sprues? Are there spare legs, weapons, gribbly bits? Obviously i'm not expecting GW levels of extra random bitz but knowing if there are any spare bits or not may help me decide if i'm going to make custom wreck markers for objectives/terrain.

Thanks for all your help.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: All About the Bitz

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

we know there will be extra VF-1 heads for each valkyrie (each comes with heads for the 1A, 1J, 1S, and 1R versions) as well as additional weapons (wing loads for triple MRM, minimissile pod, bomb clusters, and LRM's on each hard point)
we know that the Phalanx's will come with an additional arm option.
we know the units of destroids will come with a command unit gribbly, of which we'll get more than we can actually use.
we know the Zent artillery pods will come with extra heavy weapons (each has SRM pods, LRM pods, or particle beams that can be fitted)
these are all the extra options that are coming in the boxes, based on the content lists and optional upgrades.

beyond that? hopefully some of the people who have already gotten their stuff can chime in.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Pythdamion »

The Battloid and Guardian sprues have extra arms. after putting together my squad in the Starter box I have a bunch of extra arms and heads
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

so plenty of identifiable parts to put on the bases of Zentraedi pods.. :)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Pythdamion »

Or some good kill trophies. So far no extra parts on the Zentradi sprues
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

Unread post by slaaneshgod »

All Valkyrie modes have an r s a and j head. Valk fighter and gerwalk modes have 3 different missile options, phalanx has 2 different missile pod arm options. Zentraedi artillery pods have 3 different weapon options, Spartans have 2 different right arms one to hold the club or be open fist and one to hold the gu-11 and both weapons as well as shoulder missile bays open or closed. ATM those are all I can see for extra bits but I have only barely started assembly so we shall see. I plan to magnatize at least the weapon options and call heads atm
May the killer rabbit eternal servant of chaos always prevail!
Prince of Excess!!!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”