Beyond the Supernatural 2 Erratta

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Beyond the Supernatural 2 Erratta

Unread post by NMI »

Anything specifically wrong in any of the BtS 2? I dont mean what you would have done differently or this sucks, etc.. I mean things like typos, wrong number values, something mentioned to be in a given book, but not in it?

Please be as precise as possible.

Keep this thread to erratta only as this is something that "The Galactus Kid" needs.

Anything not on topic will be deleted and the poster given a warning!!!
Last edited by NMI on Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Lazlo Kid
Wanderer

Unread post by Lazlo Kid »

The only thing that has ever really bugged me is that the picture of the Psi-Healer on Page 81 and Page 137 is sideways. The bricks in the background give it away. Not sure that could ever be fixed though since it's a whole layout thing.

The Mask PPE psi-power on page 120 lists Psi-Stalkers too. Guess we know where that came from, eh?
Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom: "No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less."
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Theres no range listed for the Ghost Hunters ecto-slayer shotgun.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Dunno if this is a mistake or not, but there is no general rule listed anywhere for gaining additional secondary skills as one advances. I think one or two classes might give their own rules for getting bonus skills, but otherwise, folks seem stuck with what they start with.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

J. Lionheart wrote:Dunno if this is a mistake or not, but there is no general rule listed anywhere for gaining additional secondary skills as one advances. I think one or two classes might give their own rules for getting bonus skills, but otherwise, folks seem stuck with what they start with.

Are you looking at the occupation descriptions? Secondary skills are given out in the occupation descriptions. Some of the occupations give you Secondary skills as you advance. Some do not.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

On page 182, the construction worker's salary is in percentages rather than dollars ;)
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

On page 195 the Prowl skill format for percentages is a dash rather than parenthesis.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

The rules for the diviner say "Selecting Physical Psychic Powers" but they actually select Sensitive powers. I forgot to write down the page number. 42, maybe? That is the answer to life, the universe, and everything after all.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

I can't say.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

For the sub-powers of Hydrokinesis, there is no duration listed for Sense Water, Underwater Invisibility, Water Stealth.

There is no Pyrokinesis power, and yet, under the Fire Walker write up it says "Although other psychics may wield the power of Pyrokinesis..."

The Housing options and pricing for each of the O.C.C./P.C.C.'s are slightly different. Didnt know if that was supposed to be the case or not.
verdilak
Adventurer

Under Group Trance, page 120, it states that Healing, Physical, or Super-Psionic Powers cannot be used in a Group Trance, and yet, there are no Super-Psionics in BTS 2nd Edition.
verdilak
Adventurer

Problems with Psi-mechanic Devices, i.e. who can/cannot use them

Under Psi-Mechanic.
Page 78 states that only another Psi-Mechanic or Latent Psychic can use the devises, and that a normal man, woman, psychic, or mage cannot use a psi-device at all.

Under the heading Who else can use the device: on the same page, its states that a Latent, Ghost Hutner (another spelling mistake there), another Psi-Mechanic and Autistics have an 80% chance and so on to use the devices.

Under Electicity Generation, Page 198...
-40% skill penalty when working on an alien, Psi-Mechanic, or magical devices.
I.E. anyone with this skill, even at level 1, has a chance to figure out how Psi-Mechanic devices work, how to use them, ect.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Re:

Unread post by Vidynn »

MGilliam wrote:In the section for ley lines and psychics it suggests a number of ISP points given by a the ley lines (2 to 6) and then states that it will explain in more detail later.
I am assuming that by later they mean when the other two books come out because I don't believe that I ever found any other mention of it.

The rulesbook states "Ley Lines are discussed at length elsewhere in this book" (pg. 33), but unfortunately, that's not true. Also, in the quick find it says "Ley Lines boost ISP" but it leads to pg. 33 only.

other stuff:

For the Autistic Savant PC common skills are listed as "none" (pg. 38) while its obvious that he has Language: Native Tongue (though with a lower Base Skill and restrictions due to his impairment Id say).
Suggestion: I would also add Mathematics: Basic and probably even Advanded among Autistic Skills (or at least Intuitive Skills). Other Skills: None should probably be changed, the Autistic MAY learn some basic stuff (like Domestic skills) when working on a Job as described in the section Occupation (low wage jobs like cleaner's / janitor's assistent).

The Survivalist, Militia or Weapons Expert (pg. 193) should really get access to Hand to Hand: whatever as Occupational Skill! Makes no sense that he has to select it as elective.

The Note on Military (pg. 188) makes sense in a way, but there should still be some guidelines on skill choices etc., as a Ex-Soldier for instance would make perfect sense as Occupation.

Suggestion: In Future printings I would swap the Monsters at the end of the book (which should be in "Tome" anyway) for an updated equipment list and other neat stuff.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Re: Beyond the Supernatural 2 Erratta

Unread post by Vidynn »

pg. 62 Nega-Psychic: the rulesbook states that he automatically saves against Object Read, there is no saving throw involved though.

Also, it should be clarified wether "automatically saves against all forms of Psychic Healing" means that he automatically saves when a saving throw is appropriate or even GETS an auto saving throw where there is normally none involved.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

Mediums get no psychic powers but the I.S.P. section talks about using them.
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

I.s.p. Recovery Rate Rules on pages: 32, 131, 169 and 211(not to mention the Recovery Rates listed for each individual P.C.C.) are different and seem to be in conflict with each other!! I'm assuming the I.S.P.Recovery Rate Listed on p.131 under the Heading I.S.P. is the correct so called (new) "Standard" I.S.P. Recovery Rate as it Best Matches the I.s.p. Recovery Rate listed under most of the individual P.C.C.'s. Where as the Rule on page 32 is a hold over from the BTS 1st Ed. and None of the Recovery Rates listed under each Individual P.C.C. matches it almost exacly except for one or two. The recovery rate listed on page 169 seems like it was written for the Mediation Skill which is listed on page 211 which gives the same rate minus the info. on sleep (seeing that it's a skill just dealing with meditation It's self and not the power or ability or normal natural recovery), but does include 30% faster injury recovery as well as part of the skill (which strangely the psychic ability/power of Meditation or Advanced Mediation Does Not for some reason, when it probably should).

I'm surprised No One Else has caught this yet and that Not even Palladium picked up on it in Editing the BTS 2nd Ed. !!! I've Put up a Post about this here in this forum, which as of yet No One Has Replied to!! Also in my post I give greater details then what I'm listing here (which is just mainly the page numbers are listed here for the errata) of what I'm talking about. So please go check out that post and could someone get back to me With an "Official" Rules Clarification on Just Exactly Which is "True" I.s.p. Recovery Rate Rule as Intended by the Author. Thanks!!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Does anyone know why there is no Errata posting on the Cutting Room Floor page of the PB website for BtS2? Many other games are listed there, so why not this one?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Other then it does not have fan-boys by the hundreds asking for more more more more more more more…ad nauseum…..like rifts. No, I don't know why. But probably because the people asking for BTS stuff is …not very much. So there is no rush in "doing stuff" for it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Vidynn wrote:pg. 62 Nega-Psychic: the rulesbook states that he automatically saves against Object Read, there is no saving throw involved though.

Also, it should be clarified wether "automatically saves against all forms of Psychic Healing" means that he automatically saves when a saving throw is appropriate or even GETS an auto saving throw where there is normally none involved.

Not sure if it's an error or perhaps I just need clarification. It's also listed on pg. 62 of the book dealing with the Nega-Psychic. It says they need to roll a 10 or higher to save vs. a psychic attack, but on the top of pg. 63, it gives a bonus of +1 vs. psychic attacks. Does that mean the character simply now has to roll a 9 or higher to save vs. a psychic attack? That's how I interpret it, but I'm wondering if I'm missing a bigger picture. Thanks-
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Scorpion Leader wrote:I.s.p. Recovery Rate Rules on pages: 32, 131, 169 and 211(not to mention the Recovery Rates listed for each individual P.C.C.) are different and seem to be in conflict with each other!! I'm assuming the I.S.P.Recovery Rate Listed on p.131 under the Heading I.S.P. is the correct so called (new) "Standard" I.S.P. Recovery Rate as it Best Matches the I.s.p. Recovery Rate listed under most of the individual P.C.C.'s. Where as the Rule on page 32 is a hold over from the BTS 1st Ed. and None of the Recovery Rates listed under each Individual P.C.C. matches it almost exacly except for one or two. The recovery rate listed on page 169 seems like it was written for the Mediation Skill which is listed on page 211 which gives the same rate minus the info. on sleep (seeing that it's a skill just dealing with meditation It's self and not the power or ability or normal natural recovery), but does include 30% faster injury recovery as well as part of the skill (which strangely the psychic ability/power of Meditation or Advanced Mediation Does Not for some reason, when it probably should).

I'm surprised No One Else has caught this yet and that Not even Palladium picked up on it in Editing the BTS 2nd Ed. !!! I've Put up a Post about this here in this forum, which as of yet No One Has Replied to!! Also in my post I give greater details then what I'm listing here (which is just mainly the page numbers are listed here for the errata) of what I'm talking about. So please go check out that post and could someone get back to me With an "Official" Rules Clarification on Just Exactly Which is "True" I.s.p. Recovery Rate Rule as Intended by the Author. Thanks!!

Wow, never noticed that. Good spot. Luckily, each P.C.C. comes with their own unique I.S.P. recovery rate. I agree that the rules definitely need to be tightened up for those instances when you need to know an overall recovery rate, because those instances are bound to appear.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”