Monster Entry Shorthand

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Monster Entry Shorthand

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Quick question to everyone.

Is there a shorthand entry method that you use to jot down monster stats for easy reference during the game? Something maybe like what is used in the old D&D modules or something. I love the detailed monster stats that Palladium use, but I also like to have something that I can use with a glance at the table rather than needing to dig through a rulebook or monster entry for information.

Thanks in advance,
Captain Nibbz

:?
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Monster Entry Shorthand

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I've designed one that I use in my home games that I've tweaked over the years and I've gotten to rely on it with my very GM life.

Send me an email at hostofthehouseofbts@gmail.com to look into getting it from me.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: Monster Entry Shorthand

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Moving this Post from the Old Forums

Captain_Nibbz wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:So y'all know, the Captain loved my stat sheet. :)

I did indeed. I haven't had much time to send you a message about it yet, but I finally got a chance to use it for my game last Friday. It worked fantastic. The sheet itself was very clear and concise for the information I needed to use a Master Vampire in the game I was running, and made for a nice quick reference in the middle of combat that didn't require me to dig through the book to find information.

I also used the version that I could hand out to the players if their characters were able to identify what the creature that attacked them was, but none of them thought to use their Lore skills or anything to identify it. :lol: So maybe this week they'll think to do that and I'll be able to see how they like it and get back to you.

Thanks again for sending those to me, they were a huge help!
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”