MEPS was hell for the second time

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

I almost went in the Army in '88. I ended up spending about 9 or so hours at the Raleigh MEPS Station. When I enlisted in the Marine Corp I went to the Denver MEPS Station and spent about 7 or 8 hours. I thought that it was normal, but maybe not now that I hear about your experience. Maybe I was unlucky both times :P
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

:lol:
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Alejandro wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:USMC: We waste more time before 7 AM than most people do all day.

Dear sweet Buddha...the most truthful thing I've read all week.

I came to that realization while I was in artillery.

Every time I think of re-joining...I remember just why I left. :lol:

I don't have that problem. They left me too rickety and disgruntled to seriously ponder that.

You know, I thought that gaining weight would be a good way to get the Marines away from me. Turns out it only seems to attract recruiters. "Bet you miss the old days when you were twisted steel and sex appeal, don't you?" Apparently I blacked out for my Marine Corps time because I don't recall anything like that. I remember getting shot at, getting yelled at, and a lot of miserable weather....but not so much the perfect shape thing.

LOL! I know what you mean. I'm 6'4" and when I went to Boot I weighed 165 lbs. When I got out of Boot I weighed 190 lbs. My wife said I was all "buff." I don't remember that at all. She said I was turning heads- I guess I was clueless :lol:
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Never been in the Marines, but I did work for a moving company, you know, the people that move furniture in and out of people's homes. I was 175lbs, 6' June and by the time I went back to colllege,in September, I was 150lbs and chiseled. My diet consisted of oatmeal for breakfast, fast food for lunch and a light dinner. Didn't get too much action from the ladies. Where I went to college, everyone was buff.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

duck-foot wrote:
Peacebringer wrote:Never been in the Marines, but I did work for a moving company, you know, the people that move furniture in and out of people's homes. I was 175lbs, 6' June and by the time I went back to colllege,in September, I was 150lbs and chiseled. My diet consisted of oatmeal for breakfast, fast food for lunch and a light dinner. Didn't get too much action from the ladies. Where I went to college, everyone was buff.

what school did you go to?

UCLA
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

Retired US Army Corp of Engineers. Sep 1972 to Feb 1993. Started out as armor crew member then spent about the last 17 years as Combat Engineer. The ones who cleared live mine fields by hand. Build a bridge and then blow it up. Build a road then cut a tank trap in it. Route Recon roads ahead of everyone else to ensure safe passage. You, know the real fun stuff.

We get cussed until that grunt unit is held up by an obstacle, then "Where are those d**n Engineers."

Ah, good times. Makes me want to re-enlist

NOT! :D

Seriously, I salute you all who are enlisting and re-enlisting regardless of the branch of service. Take Care and God's Speed.

And never, ever forget "ENGINEERS PAVE THE WAY!"
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Dominique
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Dominique »

Scott Samson wrote:Loose a stripe and go back to Lance Corporal??? No way.. I earned my bloodstripe on my dress blue trousers.

You may want to look into a Marine Corps Reserve unit. You should be to join without loosing a stripe. Talk to a local reserve recruiter. Another option is the active Army, Army NG, or Army Reserve. If you go a Reserve or Guard unit, you won't have to go back to basic, as they'll send you to a refresher course. If you go Active, get ready for at least 10 weeks of fun filled excitement.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men"
"No one assails me without punishment"

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”