Body Armor

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Lucky, I did some digging. It says that since a Flak is so innefective against small arms, they left it out of the book. I think the best rule would to have PV. A flak can protect only so much so instead of giving it "hit points" it's just rated to stop certain types of projectiles and nothing else. That way if you ever decide to modernize the game even more (like fighting insurgents in Fallujah) the rules will stay current.

Also The stats for vehicles say are a lot more vague:
Weight
Length
Crew
Max speed
Max Range
Weapons
Armor

With the armor section it only tells you what the armor can stop and what its weaknesses are.
Last edited by Aaryq on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Just give the helmets a different rating of what they can stop.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I go with them reducing the damage of an incomming projectile by a set (and way too low for player comfort) ammount. I also apply some AG penalties and deduct the weight from their load carrying capability.

The result is the players, like the boys in the 'nam, tend to ditch them after a few missions in favour of more weapons and more useful gear.

As for getting around them, I allow a called shot and assign a penalty to hit.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”