AC-130 Footage

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I have a copy of that on my hard drive from about a year ago.

This is precision warfare in action. I hope you are taking notes
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:I was mainly referring to the ability of the airframe to be used everywhere from the Arctic to the desert, and in roles as diverse as cargo hauling to the various special ops missions (AC-130 and MC-130).

Many military systems have seen long life, due to budget constraints, modifications, or similar upgrades to extend its life.

It's (in the form of the CF-130 Hercules) the workhorse of the Canadian Armed Forces. We've used it since the 60's, and does everything from Tanker duty to SAR, to Tactical/Strategic Transport.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Personally I don't see the CAF dropping the Herc any time soon...

It and the Buffalo (smaller twin engine version of the 130) serve well (although the Buff is not often seen in the skys here over Winnipeg often, even with Air Command located about 20 minutes from where I sit). I can see the CAF refirbishing and rebuilding hercs for years and years to come. After all, almost all the alternatives are jet powered and not turbo-prop.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Maye we should look into some of the nice new Russian and Ukranian models, I think they are going cheap.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I bet.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, we cannucks use th Griffon, a Bell 412, which is a twin engined huey with a 4 bladed rotor. Much more reliable, more lift, more speed, better performance all 'round.

The US Marines I think use the 212 hueys, twin engine, two blade rotor. Not having to fold the blades is of more use than the extra performance to them.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I think the best improvements int he blackhawk over the huey involve it beign more bullet resistant than an empty beer can.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”