Issues Since Update

Things you wished the Board would do. Or cool phpBB boards with features you'd love to see. Oh yeah and problems with the board in general.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Issues Since Update

Unread post by The Beast »

So I've been having the following issues since the update came about:

1) I no longer receive emails telling me about new replies to threads I've been following. Yes I have the box checked to get emails.

2) I can't clear out the notifications of things I've already looked at. The only thing I seem to be able to do is to mark them as either read or unread. They don't remove themselves after a bit or after I looked at them, and I can't find a way to delete them.

3) While I found a theme I can tolerate looking at all of them seem to leave a quarter of my monitor unused on either side. This ends up resulting in the main viewing area being shrunk down and thus a bit harder to read. Can we please get a few themes that will expand everything out to sides?
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Issues Since Update

Unread post by NMI »

The Beast wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:25 pm So I've been having the following issues since the update came about:

1) I no longer receive emails telling me about new replies to threads I've been following. Yes I have the box checked to get emails.
  • In the upper right hand corner, click on Notifications
  • Scroll down and slext "See All"
  • In the upper right hand area, click Mark Notificatiosn Read
The Beast wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:25 pm 2) I can't clear out the notifications of things I've already looked at. The only thing I seem to be able to do is to mark them as either read or unread. They don't remove themselves after a bit or after I looked at them, and I can't find a way to delete them.
  • No further themes will be added
  • Try prosilver Dark Edition. It uses the entire screen
The Beast wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:25 pm 3) While I found a theme I can tolerate looking at all of them seem to leave a quarter of my monitor unused on either side. This ends up resulting in the main viewing area being shrunk down and thus a bit harder to read. Can we please get a few themes that will expand everything out to sides?
In the user control panel - ucp.php, use the "Digests" tab
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Beast

Still not getting email notifications.

Already using prosilver dark.

Not sure why you mentioned the digests, but it was already set to daily and I'm not getting anything from that either. Nothing from here is going to my spam folder either.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

I'm having the same problem with the e-mails
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I am looking into the emails. Might be a backend setting that got flipped. I am comparing the old forums to the new.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
The Beast

NMI wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:30 pm I am looking into the emails. Might be a backend setting that got flipped. I am comparing the old forums to the new.
Were you able to find anything wrong? I'm still not receiving any emails from here. Nothing in my spam folder, nothing going to my alternate email address, and all the settings are checked to be getting emails when there's a reply to something I'm following.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Beast wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:14 am
NMI wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:30 pm I am looking into the emails. Might be a backend setting that got flipped. I am comparing the old forums to the new.
Were you able to find anything wrong? I'm still not receiving any emails from here. Nothing in my spam folder, nothing going to my alternate email address, and all the settings are checked to be getting emails when there's a reply to something I'm following.
I have not figured out the cause of this. I will need to talk to the gentleman that installed the boards to see if he has a clue.
theran_mage
D-Bee
Comment: Reach out, smile, help someone, make the world a better place. Make it better.

Unread post by theran_mage »

Hi everyone,

1: Emails: I've resolved the email issue. We updated our mail server a while back and the settings didn't make it to the forums. Should be good now.

2: Notifications: I've updated the notifications display on both the dropdown that's available on every page and on the Notifications page in your User Control Panel. This means that now you can visually tell in each theme what's distinctly new and what's old.
After some additional research: This is always how notifications have worked. You can't individually delete or remove them, the system removes notifications after a set amount of time that the Admins decide on each forum, which is currently 30 days. Everyone agrees that this is stupid, but no one has developed a plugin to add this feature and I don't have the coding chops to be able to develop it. So hopefully the User Interface improvements I've implemented will at least let you know what you have and haven't seen and that can be enough for now.

3: Theme width: I've added a "stretch theme" button to every theme. It'll be somewhere in the upper right corner with a black background. This button will remember your preference between pages.
The downside - that I don't have any control over - is that when the page loads, it'll re-stretch each time. This isn't the best user experience and it may be annoying - I totally get that. I can't get this piece of code to load any earlier so that you get a seamless experience, but hey, at least you get FULL widescreen support in every theme now.
The Beast

theran_mage wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:33 am Hi everyone,

1: Emails: I've resolved the email issue. We updated our mail server a while back and the settings didn't make it to the forums. Should be good now.
I'm still not getting them.

Return to “Megaverse phpBB Bugs/Wish List”