Barbarian question (Dinosaur swamp WB26)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Barbarian question (Dinosaur swamp WB26)

Unread post by mobuttu »

Errata question: on Dinoswamp WB26 page 61 under barbarian occs: "player characters are free to choose any occ made available by GM buy they do of course get the 5 RCC skills listed below".

Where is this list? The wild knives special skills are appropriate but there are only 3 not 5 for that OCC. Eco wizard and mutant barbarian slap don't have applicable special RCC skills. What's up? I looked over Dinoswamp 27 and didn't see a correction. Can anybody help? Thanks.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Re: Barbarian question (Dinosaur swamp WB26)

Unread post by Athos »

I have no idea what they are talking about either.

The dinosaur hunter ahead, not below, of this line has 5 special skills...

I have never played a barbarian or had one in my game, so it has not come up before for me, good eye, hopefully someone will know the answer.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

VERY good catch. I had to go back to the original manuscript since the barbarian section is one of the few areas where Kevin made significant changes for the finished project. If you look on page 67, the Mutant Barbarian has 4 features and abilities. Those, plus a 5th skill that enabled them to fashion tools out of whatever they can find, were SUPPOSED to apply to all DS Barbarians. Instead, they were fashioned into a single Mutant Barbarian RCC and the referenced paragraph wasn't properly edited. There was only ever intended to be one Barbarian RCC, with their uniqueness coming from the various random roll tables, so that's where the confusing info comes from.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I was wondering about that too, thanks Todd for clearing that up
The Dragon Has Spoken
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Todd Yoho wrote:VERY good catch. I had to go back to the original manuscript since the barbarian section is one of the few areas where Kevin made significant changes for the finished project. If you look on page 67, the Mutant Barbarian has 4 features and abilities. Those, plus a 5th skill that enabled them to fashion tools out of whatever they can find, were SUPPOSED to apply to all DS Barbarians. Instead, they were fashioned into a single Mutant Barbarian RCC and the referenced paragraph wasn't properly edited. There was only ever intended to be one Barbarian RCC, with their uniqueness coming from the various random roll tables, so that's where the confusing info comes from.

Thanks Todd! :ok:

I guess I'll apply those 4 Mutant Barbarian features instead!
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Todd Yoho wrote:VERY good catch. I had to go back to the original manuscript since the barbarian section is one of the few areas where Kevin made significant changes for the finished project. If you look on page 67, the Mutant Barbarian has 4 features and abilities. Those, plus a 5th skill that enabled them to fashion tools out of whatever they can find, were SUPPOSED to apply to all DS Barbarians. Instead, they were fashioned into a single Mutant Barbarian RCC and the referenced paragraph wasn't properly edited. There was only ever intended to be one Barbarian RCC, with their uniqueness coming from the various random roll tables, so that's where the confusing info comes from.

Hehe I just reread this book over the weekend and when I came to that part it jumped out at me only because I saw the original post for this.

Return to “Rifts®”