How to profit from the Xiticix?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: How to profit from the Xiticix?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

HarleeKnight wrote:The TK-Rifle does 4D6 M.D.C. for 1/2 a P.P.E. point or 1 I.S.P. point... and -6 to dodge!

With the the extermination that went on the same time as the Tolkeen War, how is this gun not more common? Seriously, now I'm going to convince my G.M. to take us on a bug hunt just to get this weapon.

i would expect the weight is part of it. in spite of all the rifts and everything that's going on in north america, there are a lot more human kingdoms than anything else.

and for a normal human, that is a very heavy rifle. carrying it around would be miserable. actually using it in a fight that went for a long time at all would be very hard on your body.

mounting it on a vehicle, on the other hand, should be common.

and yes, it is odd that more people aren't interested in them for that purpose. there are more damaging weapons (with better range even), but the xiticix rifles are insanely efficient (not to mention, they can store shots for later, so you can recharge when you're full and have both the gun and your full allotment of ISP or PPE later on) and reasonably good.
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

How is it that a Xiticix Queen can produce a much more efficient weapon than a Techno-Wizard?
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

HarleeKnight wrote:How is it that a Xiticix Queen can produce a much more efficient weapon than a Techno-Wizard?

Because they're royalty.
Most techno-wizards are commoners.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

HarleeKnight wrote:How is it that a Xiticix Queen can produce a much more efficient weapon than a Techno-Wizard?

That why that thing should cost much more and the bugs worry people more. . .

Return to “Rifts®”