FAQ

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Ask away (ie what do you specificalyl want to know?)
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well Recon is the old, origional RPG which is itself based off a table top minatures game of the same name.

Revised Recon is a newer reprint of the Origional Recon plus the Advanced Recon suppliment bundled as one book.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Unread post by Guest »

Jefffar wrote:Well Recon is the old, origional RPG which is itself based off a table top minatures game of the same name.

Revised Recon is a newer reprint of the Origional Recon plus the Advanced Recon suppliment bundled as one book.

Actually, Recon is the old, original RPG. Revised Recon is Palladium's revision of it. Deluxe Revised Recon is Revised Recon & Advanced Recon bundled as one book.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Ooops.

I need more sleep. :?: :sleep:

Unread post by Guest »

Thoth Amon wrote:Okay, so Recon is v.1.
Revised Recon is the same game, but v.2.
Deluxe, Revised Recon is Advanced plus Revised.

What is Advanced Recon?

Advanced Recon is a supplement to Revised Recon that covers Non-combat support activities in Laos. Basically it expands Recon so you can do more role-playing than just the standard shoot-'em-up options of Revised Recon.

Which is the wargame?

Original Recon PDF
BigLEE
Explorer

Unread post by BigLEE »

The original Recon has been referred to as a wargame, as it's lacking in setting information, but it has always been a role-playing game.
The real problem with freedom is speech is too many people don't know when to shut up.
BigLEE
Explorer

Unread post by BigLEE »

Thoth Amon wrote:What are the revisions that were done to Original to make the Revised?

Thanks for the answers, by the way!

The original Recon, downloadable from the link provided above, was a small (48 page + GM Screen) softcover book, published in 1982 by RPG INC., a small, now defunct, company. They also put out at least two supplements, Hearts & Minds (Special Forces characters) and Sayaret (Middle East related).

Revised Recon uses the same rule set, but the setting was expanded by Erick Wujcik in 1986.
The real problem with freedom is speech is too many people don't know when to shut up.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
Original Recon PDF
Thanks for the link.
:fool:

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”