Modified English Gunsword/Caliber X

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

Modified English Gunsword/Caliber X

Unread post by RockJock »

I'm thinking something like drop the gun portion of the sword and replace it with something defense, maybe a version Targeted Deflection?

Would you allow something like this is your game for a biggish NPC, or POSSIBLY for a mid to high level player at the end of a campaign?

Ok, so my group is considering going on a romp through the UK fairly soon, and I've been taking another look at the old WB for things to expand, tweak and add to. One of the things I'm thinking of is the Caliber X.

We know the dark wizard has access to at least 3 swords, and one of the Rifters talks about the Pre-Rifts origin of the swords, so the blade is not "unique". I am not looking to throw tons of these out there, but I am thinking of one popping up with a rival group or being unearthed, possibly with a slightly different set of abilities.

I'm thinking something like drop the gun portion of the sword and replace it with something defense, maybe a version Targeted Deflection?

Would you allow something like this is your game for a biggish NPC, or POSSIBLY for a mid to high level player at the end of a campaign?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Re: Modified English Gunsword/Caliber X

Unread post by slade2501 »

I always felt that some aspects of the England book were a tease, Arthur and his sword chief among them. Yes, use that technology, or let it find its way into the hands of those who can properly exploit it. I have had ideas about a new group in England that is rebuilding british high tech, doing digging and re-tooling old factories in the inland areas.
RockJock
Knight

Re: Modified English Gunsword/Caliber X

Unread post by RockJock »

I've been thinking about a new kingdom. Maybe a hybrid of a arcology popping back from the Cataclysm along with the primitive survivors in the area, or something mixed like that. I may just go with some old myths/legends and built them into encounters.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®”