Psionic Power Intuitive Combat

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Psionic Power Intuitive Combat

Unread post by darthauthor »

The psionic Power of intuitive combat.

I was reading about supernatural Entities.

They can only be harmed by magic and psionic attacks.

So if a psychic uses intuitive combat would their body be considered a psychic weapon that would allow them to do damage or at least knock them down (trip/body flip)?
They would be limited to using only their body and not a hand held weapon or gun.

Part of the idea came to me when I was reading "Mystic China" and noticing one of the Katas (like a dance) allowed the user to damage MD Demons

Just thought of a follow up question, "Would Chi attacks damage entities?"
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Psionic Power Intuitive Combat

Unread post by eliakon »

darthauthor wrote:The psionic Power of intuitive combat.

So if a psychic uses intuitive combat would their body be considered a psychic weapon that would allow them to do damage or at least knock them down (trip/body flip)?
They would be limited to using only their body and not a hand held weapon or gun.

Part of the idea came to me when I was reading "Mystic China" and noticing one of the Katas (like a dance) allowed the user to damage MD Demons

No.
As you noticed the Katas that grant this spell it out.
This doesn't (which makes sense as it is a minor power) and thus it (as usual) doesn't grant any abilities not listed in the description.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
hup7
Wanderer

Unread post by hup7 »

As Eliakon said, no - the power doesn't make your body able to damage entities that are "only affected by magic and psionic attacks".

But that did get me thinking on the body flip / tackle - not vs entities but vs supernatural creatures. Can you body flip a supernatural creature if you are human? There is a lot of talk about martial arts "using the opponent's strength against them". How do people take this? Can you body flip a vampire? Sure it will not hurt them or damage them but it will slow them down?

Yes, there is probably a huge strength discrepancy which would affect WHAT you could do, but wrestling style pins? flips? throws?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

darthauthor wrote:The psionic Power of intuitive combat.

Intuitive Combat just hightens your awareness. it in no way makes them able to harm entities.

Also you seem to have midunderstood something.

They are vunerable to psionic and magical attacks, but not physical attacks, regardless of if it's from a supernatural being or creature of magic or not. their invunerability is that they are intangible, not that they're just only vunerable to certain damage.

which means, even a punch from a dragon does 0 damage to an entity, or a punch from a demon. only the natural abilities of such that are energy based, like fire breath, would work.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
darthauthor
Hero

I ask not because I know but to learn and understand
darthauthor
Hero

The thing about Rifts is there is almost always an exception to a rule or general principle.

Even a vampire can become mortal again if they know the mystic china secret Zen power of discorpation.

Honestly, I didn't even think of a dragons breath attack. I know dragons know spell and have psionics so there is that. I debated whether or not supernatural beings with high PPE and magic flowing through their veins could smack an entity. Even now I reflect on the idea that a dragon who can see the invisible can't claw an entity but they can breath fire on them.

It has been a couple of days but I probably had some idea go off in my head like, "Would the spell Fist of Fury work on an entity?"
Well, it is a spell, but it is cast on a mortal spell caster. Then their hands glow or something and suddenly they can punch for what 1d6 MD. So does that mean they can punch and entity?

But do the some notions apply to Intuitive Combat and if NOT that what about Telekinetic Punch or Push?

I'm just asking a question not because I know but because I don't and wonder why or why not.

And if a Dragons firey breath attack works against an entity then would the same apply to say, a Busters Fire via Pyrokinesis?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

SN beings that can only be damaged by Mystical attacks.....Chi Attacks (like fist gesture or Chi sword tech.) are mystical in nature. Chi being the third mystical energy accessible to the chars in the PB megaverse, it also harms those immune to 'normal'/mundane damage.
The mystic energies have a relative conversion ratios of 6 chi+/- to 2 ISP to 1 PPE.

So if the actual attack is done through Chi; & not just enhancing the body or strike dice; then it will effect the vulnerable to mystical attacks SN beings.

Yes the GM will have to come up with individual 'exactly what it does' for their games &/or the individual SN being.
-SN beings have PE chi or PEx2 Chi.
-That chi is +/- depending on the type of SN being (angels-demons sort of determination).
-Undead & demons always have negative chi/-Chi.

What happens when a -Chi SN looses all its -Chi (see Chi Combat section and Healing Chi power and Dim Mak for reference text).....the same thing that happens to humans that loose all their Chi+, their ability to heal is blocked. In other words their bio-regen is blocked and ""natural healing"" is blocked.

Someone will bring up the section in the RCB1/r. That section about having Psi powers that imitate chi powers. Not chi powers converted to Psi.
For other Psi powers that imitate Chi powers see the RChina2 book. They use ISP not Chi, so they are psi powers. Chi Powers use Chi+ or -Chi to power them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”