Kickstarter

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

R_Y_D_E_R
D-Bee

Kickstarter

Unread post by R_Y_D_E_R »

Why is there no wave 2 status at all . You say this and say that but still no proof that anything is being done at all. Show the backers some proof that something is being done. How about some pictures of how your trying to reduce piece count. OR show us a timeline of what is being done and when.

"It is our commitment to you, the Kickstarter backers, that we will maintain consistent communication throughout the process. This means regular updates, product photos, and plenty of behind the scenes insight as we complete the creation of Robotech® RPG Tactics™. "
PATACK
D-Bee

Re: Kickstarter

Unread post by PATACK »

Is this the post where we all show up and laugh?

Or is this the one we all pay attention to because Palladium will finally reply to with something remotely believable?

hahahahaha - good luck! I'll check back in 2 months and see where this goes...
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Unread post by McPherson »

More realistically this is the thread which will be deleted in a day or so like the other threads that have brought this question up recently.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Ryder, do not be discouraged, this is exactly the question we all have to continue to ask of PB and their management.

Three years into this project - that was touted as 98% complete and handled by exerienced miniature designers - and a year after the last meaningful update, Palladium insist they can show nothing. However, they are moving heaven and earth to get our models to us.....mmmmm

Aside from Wave 2 the other pertinent question is who is dealing with the mini design etc now - PB have always claimed they do not have the expertise?
R_Y_D_E_R
D-Bee

Unread post by R_Y_D_E_R »

I wouldn't even be posting here if PB would provide some sort of REAL info . The lack of any kind of update stating where they are is discouraging .
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

Ryder, pb ignores these forums even more than the Kickstarter site. If the unrest in here gets annoying enough the mods either pass out emails to the higher ups, lock or delete threads, delete posts. Around this time last year I asked if a mod could pass word to the powers that be and the post was deleted and I was told I was demanding. So you can try their Facebook page, direct emails, but the only good solid way to get a hold of pb is calling or knocking on their front door.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

rosco60559 wrote:but the only good solid way to get a hold of pb is calling or knocking on their front door.

Note; this is a good way to get ahold of one of them, but doesn't do squat for actual information.

I've called the PB HQ twice now, had 30-45 minute chats with Chuck both times, who is a pleasant and understanding individual, but had nothing to share regarding wave two's progress.

So sure, you can call, and perhaps even try to get Wayne or Kevin themselves on the phone, but even the 'go-to Robotech guy' there seems to be waiting for info just like the rest of us.

At this point I'm expecting he and I will end up chatting quarterly or so about this running gag, or I'll finally get through to someone higher up and get politely stonewalled, but either way, I doubt valuable information will be forthcoming through this avenue.

If they had something worth sharing, surely it'd be worth spreading to the whole of the backers; to reassure those who still have faith, and to shut down those who are expressing their concerns (constructively or otherwise).

I mean, here's my Trusty RRT Counter Series (patent pending);

Days since Wayne said he'd give us a full breakdown on the status of all the pieces: **239**
Days since the last substantial Wave 2 info: 370
Days since the campaign ended: 1,019!

Days until the end of "Summer" 2016: 203
Days until Black Friday 2016: 267
Days until the end of 2016: 303

I think that first set of numbers speaks for itself. The latter set are the current 'targets'; allegedly things will 'heat up' (whatever that means) in 'spring or summer' (a whole half a year, now that's really narrowing things down), and since Gencon seems to be out of the question at this point, presumably their next target will be the same as 2014; Black Friday for those sweet pre-holiday sales figures.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I was one of the ones who was trying to keep things positive and trying to see things from their point of view, but even I have given up on doing that. Right now, I'm just trying to stay at least a little hopeful. But, if we get no new info buy summer, I think RRT will be dead, if not already. :( :-( At best right now, I'd say its on life support. At this point, I'd say just give us ANYTHING. I don't care if you have to change that info the next day. At least we would have SOMETHING.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Well, there's always the relaunch coming!

... I mean that literally, it'll always be coming.
PATACK
D-Bee

Unread post by PATACK »

McPherson wrote:More realistically this is the thread which will be deleted in a day or so like the other threads that have brought this question up recently.

- End of Line -

I don't check her often, cuz, well, no reason to. But I was stunned by the # of threads that were locked, had warnings posted to them, or mentioned as deleted by users.

I'm right there in line with you guys saying RRT is dead, but I think we know full well, if they relaunch there will be just enough folks who find the stuff for the first time and somehow keep it alive.

All I can say is I have lots of stuff painted up ready to play, and HAD about 8-10 locals who were ready to get into the game and play. Then we started playing and the issues just piled up with the rules and failed inquiries and now I'd be lucky to say 2 of us would try it again, but with our own mods to the rules.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

PATACK wrote:
McPherson wrote:More realistically this is the thread which will be deleted in a day or so like the other threads that have brought this question up recently.

- End of Line -

I don't check her often, cuz, well, no reason to. But I was stunned by the # of threads that were locked, had warnings posted to them, or mentioned as deleted by users.

I'm right there in line with you guys saying RRT is dead, but I think we know full well, if they relaunch there will be just enough folks who find the stuff for the first time and somehow keep it alive.

All I can say is I have lots of stuff painted up ready to play, and HAD about 8-10 locals who were ready to get into the game and play. Then we started playing and the issues just piled up with the rules and failed inquiries and now I'd be lucky to say 2 of us would try it again, but with our own mods to the rules.

I have to almost agree with you, though like I said, IMO, life support. And IMO, it looks like they really miscalculated somewhere. This is so sad, it could have been half way descent. Now, even if it does somehow start up sometime soon, like you said, it will only limp along. It will also make growing it even way more difficult now. Really miscalculated.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”