RE: Malcontents Ground Units

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mcjomar
D-Bee

RE: Malcontents Ground Units

Unread post by mcjomar »

Hey folks.

I've managed to put together a few units for Zentraedi and UEDF, and I'm now looking at Malcontents for the Reconstruction era.

I'm currently looking at ways to snag some Spartans for the light raider squads, but I'm wondering if I should wait for wave 2 so I can use some units from there to set up the assault squads instead, so that I don't end up with an extra Phalanx Artillery Squad that I wouldn't know what to do with.

I *could* strap the phalanxes to some artillery battlepods, for a reasonable way to get malcontents points up easily.
However, from a lore perspective (based on old robotech RPG books, my macross sourcebook from the current gen is not with me currently) the russians (EBSIS) don't have any Phalanx(Spartan) Destroids at all, and their battlepod artillery is limited, so if I want my malcontents minis to be able to flexibly cover all eventualities of EBSIS or the South American Zentraedi groups, then I'll need either the Spartans for the light raiders, or the male power armour for the assault squad from wave 2.

Thoughts/Advice?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: RE: Malcontents Ground Units

Unread post by jaymz »

Yeah all the good stuff is in wave two (not coming anytime soon by all indications of the last year).

Just a correction though, there no longer is an EBSIS with the RPG reboot.

Anything else I cannot actually post/link to here so if you want to PM me I can go into it further.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
mcjomar
D-Bee

Unread post by mcjomar »

So I should wait for wave 2 to make the malcontents units?
Or just see if I can grab some spartans now to get the light raiders sorted in the meantime?

Okay, I got hold of a spare copy of the Macross Saga Sourcebook, and that just replicates the original information from Book1 The Robotech RPG (the original book).
The information about EBSIS, York, Arkansas Protectorate, etc was in Book 2 about the UEDF - the RDF Manual.
I didn't see anything removing that as such in the sourcebook (although I didn't see anything explaining what the Reconstruction era is like post Khyron in the new sourcebook either - in fact, not much in the way of heavy worldbuilding at all for that era in that sourcebook).
Is it officially gone gone?
Or just, not replicated in the new sourcebooks yet gone?
Cheers!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

It was removed entirely as of the masters era book. That was where the EBSIS was truly fleshed out anyway.

You will also notice other items that were in rdf manual are in the new macross era sourcebook.

Suffice to say, the old books are utterly out of dated and superceded bythe new editions of said material sadly (I too liekd the EBSIS and still use it for "my" robotech)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
mcjomar
D-Bee

Unread post by mcjomar »

Bit of a pity.
Oh well, I guess that might free me up to use Phalanxes with my malcontents.

I'm still a little partial to the idea of the Spartan light raiders though, even though it would result in a points-cheaper force.
Seems more enjoyable somehow though. Oh well.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”