When will new miniatures be released?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daemonette666
D-Bee

When will new miniatures be released?

Unread post by Daemonette666 »

I have built a decent sized force, however in order to get variety and affordability into collecting and playing the game, I had a few ideas for possible new released supplemental boxes.

For Zentradi a command box with a Glaug and Glaug-Eldare in it. A Zentradi fighter set with enough Gnerl Fighters to make a basic support option unit. Rebox the Artillery Regults into a box set of 6 models. Infantry Gluu-Ger and Serau-Ger in box sets that allow for a standard upgrade option unit. Nousjadfeul-Ger and Queadluum-Rau in bax set with enough models to make a basic support add on option unit. and lastly a Nousgarma-Ger and Quedluun-Gult box set with one of each in it.

For the UEDF a box set with a VEF-1 and a VF-1D Valkyrie in it. A box set for Armoured Valkyries with 2 models in it and enough heads to make any variant. A similar bax set for the Super Valkyrie including heads for each variant including the D type. A set which has 2 Jotun Armoured Valkyries with each type of head it can get. A box with 2 YF-4 Prototype Veritechs. Each of the previous Veritech/Valkyrie sets should have minis for the Batloid, Guardian and Fighter Modes. The SF-3A Lancer II with 2 models in the box. QF-3000 Ghost with enough models in it to make a basic Support upgrade option unit. Lastly the Monster Destroid with a single model in it

If you could let us know if and when you plan to release future box sets, and what they will contain it would be appreciated.
winterdyne
D-Bee

Re: When will new miniatures be released?

Unread post by winterdyne »

Not sure if trolling?
Look for mention of 'Wave 2'. All that stuff should have been done two years ago.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

If it isn't trolling, it's a hell of a coincidence. Aside from one or two discrepancies, it's basically a full rundown on what is missing.

Not an accusation, of course, just an observation.

That said, I am entirely on board with wanting to know the status of Wave Two.

:?
Daemonette666
D-Bee

I am not into trolling, I just noted what I am missing and what I want to finish my forces based on what I noticed is missing from the book that comes with the starter box set.
I noticed that the command Zentradi comes with 2 mecha that are not used much in the cards, and are supposed to be according to the fluff I read in the same book, not common in Zentradi forces. This means I have to try and convert the recon Regult into basic Regults, but it does not have the same front piece, so the lasers would look stramge. This I recommended the Officer Command Glaug as this would sell more than the command pack.

I think I skimmed at the Wave 2 topic, but remember there being a face book link, and I refuse to do face book, twitter, etc. so did not know what was in phase 2. Also because the topic looked a bit old, I thought it might have been some of the smaller box sets like the Zentrtadi artillery pack or something like that.

I had, what I thought might be a decent idea for how they should release the remaining units, so that customers could get units that would fit the Squadron cards that would likely come with the mini packs, and not have to buy more pack than required to fill out their force. Trying to avoid something like having to buy 2 packs of 6 buns for your pack of 8 hot dogs, and being stuck with 4 buns you can not use.

I thought trolling was making smart-alec remarks and comments to provoke an argument or fight online, or make someone feel like they are being picked on. So no I am not trolling.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Each Battle Cry tier (or equivalent in multiples) is missing;

1 Rick VT (all 3 modes)
1 Roy VT (all 3 modes)
2 Super VT's (all 3 modes)
2 Lancers
2 Ghosts

1 Khyron Officer's Pod
1 Mirijya FPA
3 Gnerls
3 FPA
3 MPA

Totaling 33 figures (though Rick and Roy are only unique Battloids; their Fighter and Guardian figures will be the same as normal VT's, I'm including them as sprues that should arrive all the same).

Also missing are figures that were only available as paid add ons, including:

The MAC-II
Armoured VT's
YF-4's
Jotun Battloids
VEF-1/1D packs

Officer's Pod Booster Sleds
Zentraedi Infantry

As well as the following resin (not plastic sprue) items;

Objective Pack 1 (3 items)
Objective Pack 2 (2 items)
SDF-1 bases
SDF-1 Figure
Daemonette666
D-Bee

I did not know about any of this. I was never part of the kickstarter project. I purchased sets/packs of minis later on. As mentioned before, I just saw what looked like the best way to stop people buying sets and having extra minis they can not field into unit cards, especially the stuff I had not realized the community had been waiting over 2 years for.

I did not mean to open up a can of worms. Can I ask everyone to use a different forum topic or start another forum topic to discuss the complaints file for breach of contract, etc? I am trying to avoid getting into trouble here, and not get banned from this site.

My original question was not intended to cause this sort of commotion.

My question has been answered, and I can see the not released minis will not likely be released for some time. If and when they do get released, my request would be that they take my advice on with how they package the minis to avoid unused minis gathering.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

As the OPs question has been answered and others have been trying to stir up trouble with this thread, I'll lock this now.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”