Adepticon

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veritas
D-Bee

Adepticon

Unread post by Veritas »

Any word on if and when a Robotech event will happen at Adepticon? There isn't anything on the preview schedule yet.
Watch out fer dem pancakes.
Forar
Hero

Re: Adepticon

Unread post by Forar »

From the PB weekly newsletter for September 18th:

UPDATE: Robotech® and AdeptiCon, March 31 – April 3, 2016

Our tables have been ordered. Still looking for volunteers to run demos and a tournament or two. If you are someone interested in running RRT events at AdeptiCon (and elsewhere), please contact the Megaversal Ambassadors (ambassadors {at} palladiumbooks.com) or Palladium Books directly (734-721-2903). Thanks!
Robbo44
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Robbo44 »

Forar wrote:From the PB weekly newsletter for September 18th:

Our tables have been ordered. Still looking for volunteers to run demos and a tournament or two. If you are someone interested in running RRT events at AdeptiCon (and elsewhere), please contact the Megaversal Ambassadors (ambassadors {at} palladiumbooks.com) or Palladium Books directly (734-721-2903). Thanks!

In the process of becoming an ambassador right now. I am going to see if I can swing running some stuff for them at AdeptiCon in 2016. Also I will be starting up a Youtube Channel within the next week or so with content on Bat Reps, painting tips, play tutorials, and some group discussions on Robotech RPG Tactics. :-D
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Robbo44 wrote:
Forar wrote:From the PB weekly newsletter for September 18th:

In the process of becoming an ambassador right now. I am going to see if I can swing running some stuff for them at AdeptiCon in 2016. Also I will be starting up a Youtube Channel within the next week or so with content on Bat Reps, painting tips, play tutorials, and some group discussions on Robotech RPG Tactics. :-D

Nice! Please leave a link and I'll subscribe!
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

Looks like no Robotech events at Adepticon. Shameful.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Well, here is the list, and I'm not seeing Robotech in there either. Maybe it's still being updated, or there's a few i's to dot and t's to cross yet. Given that it happens in over 4 months, there's still time to sort that all out.

That'll also be a mere 3 months away from wave 2 releasing (hopefully), so who knows, maybe they just realized they won't have time to dedicate those days of prep and participation while in the midst of dealing with those arrangements. Perhaps someone from the community will be able to get something sorted out anyway?
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

CaptKaruthors wrote:Looks like no Robotech events at Adepticon. Shameful.

Looks that way. Searches for "robotech", "rrt", and "palladium" in the Event List showed zero results. A search for "tactics", showed a couple of 40K and Epic Armageddon.

Not sure if they're still able to add events, or if the time to enter has passed, but if they've missed that, looks like they're going all in on the reboot, because they're showing no interest in building the player base until then.
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by jdarr5000 »

Please keep in mind that the event list isn't 100% final.

I'm willing to run demos but want a few games under my belt.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

jdarr5000 wrote:Please keep in mind that the event list isn't 100% final.

I'm willing to run demos but want a few games under my belt.

Any idea when the event list is finalized and locked down? I went looking, and couldn't find it after a cursory search. And you might want to forward that information directly to Kevin or Wayne, or one of the mods here so they can.

Because according to the passage Forar quoted at the top to the original poster, they were intending to. And not running an official event at GenCon, and missing out on running one at Adepticon, would I think feel like they're just giving up on supporting the game until the "relaunch". And that's one thing, from a marketing perspective. But it does nothing for the current player base or for people who might want to get involved while in the current lull of focus on the game.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Welp, the big thread discussion was deleted, so I'll repost what I learned here.

According to a reply to an email to Adepticon, the deadline for adding Events for Adepticon 2016 was October 2nd. As it's now two months beyond that, unless PB have some kind of special deal, or get one soon, there won't be any official RRT event next year. Maybe they'll be able to run full scale demos and the like?

It would have been a good place to show off the Organized Play rules that they've mentioned working on, but haven't shown yet. Guess they're punting that until the relaunch?
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Shameful. Absolutely shameful. I don't understand why PB will even attend in 2016 then. What's the point? If there are no events to promote your game...why bother? What's more troublesome is that I feel like nobody wants to build a unified RRT community anymore and everyone just wants to just go their own way with the game. Jaymz and Mike are out doing their own thing with the rules now..and who knows where the guy who ran it last year is. I'd do it and could make it happen since I know the Adepticon organizers personally. The problem is that I have too many other commitments involving things that is actually making me money, that I can't give up the time to do it. All in all, it's most unfortunate.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

CaptKaruthors wrote:Shameful. Absolutely shameful. I don't understand why PB will even attend in 2016 then. What's the point? If there are no events to promote your game...why bother? What's more troublesome is that I feel like nobody wants to build a unified RRT community anymore and everyone just wants to just go their own way with the game. Jaymz and Mike are out doing their own thing with the rules now..and who knows where the guy who ran it last year is. I'd do it and could make it happen since I know the Adepticon organizers personally. The problem is that I have too many other commitments involving things that is actually making me money, that I can't give up the time to do it. All in all, it's most unfortunate.

I think you hit the nail on the head right here.
The reason that PB isn't 'doing events' is that little question of 'who is going to run them'
The MA program was set up just for this sort of thing....but its not used. When your a tiny company it really is a big commitment to ask for several people to show up to run events...you can double or triple the required manpower for a convention.
Yeah, it sucks....but Palladium isn't made of money finding people to run those demos is an issue. I am not even sure if Palladium has in house assembled and painted armies for use....
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

The MA program was set up just for this sort of thing....but its not used.

I think that the lack of incentives for this program is what makes it not work. You have to provide some reasonable incentives for these people. Otherwise, it will never work. Additionally, you have to be committed to getting the materials to the MAs so that they can do their jobs of promoting PB games. Sounds like there is none of that.

When you're a tiny company it really is a big commitment to ask for several people to show up to run events...you can double or triple the required manpower for a convention.

Again, this can be something that can be done with volunteer work OR you contract out people for the day or whatever to run the events/ demos. This isn't rocket science. The lack of conviction to do these things really makes me scratch my head sometimes. If the goal is to promote your miniatures game...you must then PROMOTE IT! LOL. Simply showing up to sell box sets does nothing to advance the game. Any moron can tell them that. People want to actually handle the models, roll the dice, and kick the tires of the game as it were. Having really knowledgable, motivated, fun, and loud people to demo the game is what is needed. The people used need to know the product backwards and forwards. There is absolutely no effort to do this from them. So how can you actually build excitement and demand for the game? Adepticon is a perfect place for that. To do nothing is shameful and ridiculous on PBs part. The fact that they haven't really even put out much of a rallying call speaks volumes. Look if you don't care about the game...how are you going to expect others to? To say they do is lip service. You can't ride this nostalgia/ fandom and expect that to be the marketing tool to success. It really blows my mind.

Yeah, it sucks....but Palladium isn't made of money finding people to run those demos is an issue. I am not even sure if Palladium has in house assembled and painted armies for use....

This is another issue. Where are the demo armies? PB should have 300-350pts of fully painted models for each faction. They clearly do not. These models should also be professionally lit and photographed and be used to advertise the game. None of that is anywhere to be found on this website. The cost investment to do this is minimal.

By doing none of these things dooms the game before it can even gain traction. Shameful.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Captain I second what you are saying, but I feel it is that it is the likes of Mike and jaynz who are fling the flag for RTT , at least at the moment. They are getting rules out, they are trying to build a fledgling community.

If PB had tapped imto some of that enthusiasm, then maybe there would be some RTT demos on show
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

CaptKaruthors wrote:
The MA program was set up just for this sort of thing....but its not used.

I think that the lack of incentives for this program is what makes it not work. You have to provide some reasonable incentives for these people. Otherwise, it will never work. Additionally, you have to be committed to getting the materials to the MAs so that they can do their jobs of promoting PB games. Sounds like there is none of that.

At this time, the incentive for the MA program is the prestige of being a MA, and the ability to host official events.

CaptKaruthors wrote:
When you're a tiny company it really is a big commitment to ask for several people to show up to run events...you can double or triple the required manpower for a convention.

Again, this can be something that can be done with volunteer work OR you contract out people for the day or whatever to run the events/ demos. This isn't rocket science. The lack of conviction to do these things really makes me scratch my head sometimes. If the goal is to promote your miniatures game...you must then PROMOTE IT! LOL. Simply showing up to sell box sets does nothing to advance the game. Any moron can tell them that. People want to actually handle the models, roll the dice, and kick the tires of the game as it were. Having really knowledgable, motivated, fun, and loud people to demo the game is what is needed. The people used need to know the product backwards and forwards. There is absolutely no effort to do this from them. So how can you actually build excitement and demand for the game? Adepticon is a perfect place for that. To do nothing is shameful and ridiculous on PBs part. The fact that they haven't really even put out much of a rallying call speaks volumes. Look if you don't care about the game...how are you going to expect others to? To say they do is lip service. You can't ride this nostalgia/ fandom and expect that to be the marketing tool to success. It really blows my mind.

That was my point....if you need, say 6 people to run these games....
How many people here were volunteering to show up and host those games?
If there are no volunteers to run the events then those events wont get run.......

CaptKaruthors wrote:

This is another issue. Where are the demo armies? PB should have 300-350pts of fully painted models for each faction. They clearly do not. These models should also be professionally lit and photographed and be used to advertise the game. None of that is anywhere to be found on this website. The cost investment to do this is minimal.

Then this is your chance to shine! Get your army lit and photographed, submit the photos with the copyright releases.....
Presto you have solved the issue and you get to even pick what the factions will look like! I bet you would even get made a MA out of it.

CaptKaruthors wrote:By doing none of these things dooms the game before it can even gain traction. Shameful.

Its easy to sit back and say 'shame'....
...but its not like Palladium is a vast company with huge resources and lots of people that has lots of time to spend on everything that every person thinks is the top most pressing issue.

That is why they made the MA program in the first place! So that people can help out by doing stuff to help out.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

At this time, the incentive for the MA program is the prestige of being a MA, and the ability to host official events.

I'm sorry. That's not enough incentive. Look at what PP, FFG, and Corvus Beli does? Look at what GW used to do with their outrider program? There was reasonable incentives to get people to run events. This isn't hard. If you want to be serious about getting the word out of your new miniatures game...or any of your other game lines...then concerted effort must happen. PB needs to put some actual effort into it. The program uses volunteers...but the main burden shouldn't be on them. They are simply tools to implement your vision...but the vision has to come from them.

That was my point....if you need, say 6 people to run these games....
How many people here were volunteering to show up and host those games?
If there are no volunteers to run the events then those events wont get run.......

I said, if I could run RRT events at Adepticon, I would. Unfortunately my limited vacation time is being used to pursue a goal that will actually make me money. Where is the guy that ran it last year? What are his reasons for not doing it again this year? The problem is that the RRT community isn't unified. Why is that? Because their is no direction coming from the creators. The creators still need to be the drivers of the community. Otherwise, you end up with people going off in several directions...and chaos ensues. Not good.

Then this is your chance to shine! Get your army lit and photographed, submit the photos with the copyright releases.....
Presto you have solved the issue and you get to even pick what the factions will look like! I bet you would even get made a MA out of it.

If I did this, I would require compensation. However, it isn't, nor should it be..the responsibility of the consumer to market the product of a company. That is their job!

Its easy to sit back and say 'shame'....

No. It's actually hard to be like this because I understand the circumstances of being a small company. I work for one myself. But a level of professionalism is still expected regardless.

...but its not like Palladium is a vast company with huge resources and lots of people that has lots of time to spend on everything that every person thinks is the top most pressing issue.

This is a cop out. The launch, marketing, event planning, gathering resources to promote the game, getting the models painted, etc. should have all been considered and done prior to the general release to the public. If the goal is to get the game into as many consumer hands as possible...this had/has to happen. RRT is the biggest release PB has done in years. It should be not 'A' priority...it should be 'THE' priority. Even if you had to hire contract painters and designers, etc for a brief time to get this done...it's worth it. Think about how much more visibility the game could have had if the proper marketing scheme was behind it. We are 2+ years past the release of this game and still no version of organized play exists, still no fully painted factions, and still no dynamic imagery of the models being featured anywhere on the website.

That is why they made the MA program in the first place! So that people can help out by doing stuff to help out.

If the incentives aren't strong enough, then no one is going to do it. Miniatures gaming is nothing like RPGing. Organizing an miniatures event requires more planning than running a RPG event. I've ran both and the commitment of time for wargaming is greater. So to get people to commit to that level of time...there needs to be better incentives other than..."prestige".
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

So basically what I am seeing here is...
that because you cant get the same level of pay to run events as you get from some of the top names in the industry that you are unwilling to run the events and that no one else is willing to run these events unless they get paid as well.
Hmmm, I think I am starting to see the problem....
Paid staff comes after product makes money, not before. Which means that it has to make Palladium enough money that they still show a profit if they start paying people to run events.
Until that time, sorry, no events are going to have to be run by volunteers who get the rewards that they offer through the MA program (what ever those are, I am not a MA at this time)

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Incentives to work for demo teams doesn't necessarily mean being 'paid'. Wyrd has a similar system where community members can check in with their hours demo'ing at stores and running leagues/tournaments and get credit, which can then be 'spent' on product from their web store. Many of these "Henchmen" go a step further and use their credit to procure extra items as prize support (above and beyond what is available/supplied by Wyrd).

Yes, it's a way to potentially round out ones collection, but let's not overlook that someone spending potentially hundreds of dollars and dozens or hundreds of hours building and painting their figures who is also willing to put even more hours of their free time into selling your products is already a customer above and beyond the average. No it's not necessary that people 'get paid', but at the same time a VT box (as an example) after a month of demo'ing and running events is a rather minor price to pay, wouldn't you agree? Especially when talking about events like Adepticon, where we're potentially looking at travel (and thus possibly accommodation) costs, entry tickets (if not provided by PB) AND that the person is at an event they presumably would've gone to do other things at but is instead giving up hours or days of their time to promote your stuff and hopefully make it look good.

That's going rather above and beyond the call of duty there. Someone doing all that simply for the sake of doing PB a favour would be a gamer-saint. Many companies have systems to show recognition because such endeavors are massive sinks for time and resources.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

As for the question of why the person who ran it last year doesn't this year... Well he had a bad run last year with a certain someone in the community and now that individual has stepped down as a MA.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

eliakon wrote:So basically what I am seeing here is...
that because you cant get the same level of pay to run events as you get from some of the top names in the industry that you are unwilling to run the events and that no one else is willing to run these events unless they get paid as well.
Paid staff comes after product makes money, not before. Which means that it has to make Palladium enough money that they still show a profit if they start paying people to run events.
Until that time, sorry, no events are going to have to be run by volunteers who get the rewards that they offer through the MA program (what ever those are, I am not a MA at this time)

Clearly you are missing my point and you have no idea the amount of effort it takes to run a wargaming event. Payment/ compensation doesn't have to be monetary. And yes, while I can and have the capacity to run a RRT event at Adepticon, I'm not...but not because the desire isn't there...but because I have an opportunity to do something else that can actually make me money. I think if anyone else was in my position they'd do the same. I'm sorry if me wanting to further my career and seek new opportunities is unreasonable to you.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Forar wrote:Incentives to work for demo teams doesn't necessarily mean being 'paid'. Wyrd has a similar system where community members can check in with their hours demo'ing at stores and running leagues/tournaments and get credit, which can then be 'spent' on product from their web store. Many of these "Henchmen" go a step further and use their credit to procure extra items as prize support (above and beyond what is available/supplied by Wyrd).

Yes, it's a way to potentially round out ones collection, but let's not overlook that someone spending potentially hundreds of dollars and dozens or hundreds of hours building and painting their figures who is also willing to put even more hours of their free time into selling your products is already a customer above and beyond the average. No it's not necessary that people 'get paid', but at the same time a VT box (as an example) after a month of demo'ing and running events is a rather minor price to pay, wouldn't you agree? Especially when talking about events like Adepticon, where we're potentially looking at travel (and thus possibly accommodation) costs, entry tickets (if not provided by PB) AND that the person is at an event they presumably would've gone to do other things at but is instead giving up hours or days of their time to promote your stuff and hopefully make it look good.

That's going rather above and beyond the call of duty there. Someone doing all that simply for the sake of doing PB a favour would be a gamer-saint. Many companies have systems to show recognition because such endeavors are massive sinks for time and resources.

100% agree. I don't think it's unreasonable to be compensated in some capacity beyond "prestige". For anyone that's run events...there is no prestige there. It's a thankless job that requires a lot of one's time, money (yes your own money), and sweat equity to achieve. I've run many events for many different games and each one provides their own unique challenges. However, among all of them, wargaming events are the most difficult. Logistics of securing enough tables, terrain, transportation for said items, FAQs, Missions, etc. all requires a vast amount of time. If it's out of state...even more time/ effort.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Kryptt wrote:As for the question of why the person who ran it last year doesn't this year... Well he had a bad run last year with a certain someone in the community and now that individual has stepped down as a MA.

Bummer. I heard that the people that played in it had a good time..and the Adepticon organizers were looking forward to hosting another RRT event.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

CaptKaruthors wrote:
eliakon wrote:So basically what I am seeing here is...

Clearly you are missing my point and you have no idea the amount of effort it takes to run a wargaming event. Payment/ compensation doesn't have to be monetary. And yes, while I can and have the capacity to run a RRT event at Adepticon, I'm not...but not because the desire isn't there...but because I have an opportunity to do something else that can actually make me money. I think if anyone else was in my position they'd do the same. I'm sorry if me wanting to further my career and seek new opportunities is unreasonable to you.

Its not unreasonable to me. But it is rather unreasonable to assume that someone else should be interested in furthering your career for you too.
Yes, the effort involved in running a wargaming event is huge (I have assisted in a couple myself in my day) I understand this. I also know that there are people who are willing to do it for either free, or for other perks (such as the ones that are offered to the MAs, or the often free admission to conventions for organizers, etc.)
The problem seems to be everyone is saying "gee why is no one else volunteering to run this event that I want to play"....everyone wants to have the fun of being the player but no one is willing to have the responsibility of stepping up to be the organizer. That to me sounds like exactly the sort of thing that community organizers exist for.
I agree, it sucks. It means that the result is stuff like 'no events at Adepticon'. But since the alternative is "Palladium looses even more money paying people to run events that are purely speculative to maybe someday bring in some revenue." I don't see much option.

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

As of the Sept 18th weekly update, PB was still searching for people to run demos and perhaps a tournament or two;

From what I've read, early October was the deadline for events, so that would explain why they haven't mentioned it since (from a cursory search at least). They've got their tables, will apparently be there in a booth/sales capacity and presumably will have demos (official and otherwise), but it seems they asked for tournament support and found it lacking.

Originally Ninja Division was going to handle organized play (and far as I know, ND attends Adepticon as well), and later on that was shifted to the Megaversal Ambassadors program.

I guess the MA's weren't able to make a tournament happen either, presumably due to availability issues or whatever.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

I am working on a early draft of organized play rules. Expect to see them posted soon. If people want to use it, great. The biggest problem I see, is that the community isn't unified..or unified enough. Part of that is PBs fault for not helping to foster one. Sure we have some people into the game, but we also have people that are taking the game in completely different directions as well. While it may be fun for them, it doesn't solidify a consistent player community. :shrug:

ts not unreasonable to me. But it is rather unreasonable to assume that someone else should be interested in furthering your career for you too.

I'm not asking for anyone to further my career. That is my responsibility...and which is why I'm not running an Adepticon event. I will be doing something else with that vacation time that will be more beneficial to me...because it will make me money. Volunteering to run an event instead isn't a sound decision if I compare the two and weigh which one is worth spending my vacation time on.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

CaptKaruthors wrote:I am working on a early draft of organized play rules. Expect to see them posted soon. If people want to use it, great. The biggest problem I see, is that the community isn't unified..or unified enough. Part of that is PBs fault for not helping to foster one. Sure we have some people into the game, but we also have people that are taking the game in completely different directions as well. While it may be fun for them, it doesn't solidify a consistent player community. :shrug:

ts not unreasonable to me. But it is rather unreasonable to assume that someone else should be interested in furthering your career for you too.

I'm not asking for anyone to further my career. That is my responsibility...and which is why I'm not running an Adepticon event. I will be doing something else with that vacation time that will be more beneficial to me...because it will make me money. Volunteering to run an event instead isn't a sound decision if I compare the two and weigh which one is worth spending my vacation time on.

sounds like you are making an intelligent decision to me
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

So let me get this straight...

It's essential the fault of the fans that RRT isn't getting promoted well enough even though the company has done effectively zero to do any promotion itself beyond "buy more stuff" in their weekly update that most people ignore?

And people wonder why I resigned from the ma program.....

Edit - yes resigned. Why they are yet to remove the title from the side is beyond me. I resigned two months ago.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

jaymz wrote:So let me get this straight...

It's essential the fault of the fans that RRT isn't getting promoted well enough even though the company has done effectively zero to do any promotion itself beyond "buy more stuff" in their weekly update that most people ignore?

Edit - yes resigned. Why they are yet to remove the title from the side is beyond me. I resigned two months ago.

jajajajaja. they will remove that title in a few years if they get to it....Palladium time....I kid. Did you ask them to remove it?

"The Devil's among us!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

By the perk of being an MA is that you are an MA. That's it. There really are no other perks. No guidelines for types of scenarios. No guidelines for prize support. Nothing.

That's not a program. That's a "please please please please run events for us for free. No you have to write the scenario. No you have to figure out everything. No we have nothing to give you in support material. We might be able to give you a prize to give away if that will help. Maybe"

I know. I was one. I consider myself lucky to have managed to get prize support for the last event I ran.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Well I resigned directly to a MA coordinator. Not my problem after that.

\m/
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

So let me get this straight...

Is this post directed at me? Because that's not what I'm saying at all.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

jaymz wrote:Well I resigned directly to a MA coordinator. Not my problem after that.

If it was me and I didn't want that title associated with my name...as it misrepresents you and the program if you aren't down...I'd ask them to remove it.

"The Devil's among us!
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

jaymz wrote:By the perk of being an MA is that you are an MA. That's it. There really are no other perks. No guidelines for types of scenarios. No guidelines for prize support. Nothing.

That's not a program. That's a "please please please please run events for us for free. No, you have to write the scenario. No, you have to figure out everything. No, we have nothing to give you in support material. We might be able to give you a prize to give away if that will help. Maybe."

I know. I was one. I consider myself lucky to have managed to get prize support for the last event I ran.

Agreed. That is my point. There is nothing being produced to help out the MAs. Nothing at all. Which is ludicrous. At some point PB has to help facilitate the MAs by actually giving them the proper materials to run events. The expectation that the MAs should handle it all themselves is a joke. Again, they should be looking at what all the other companies are doing. A PDF packet with some guidelines isn't that hard to crank out. Some things can be left to the discretion of the MA, but they still need some sort of frame work provided to them. After all, they are representing your company. Like I said, I have a rough draft of organized play that I'm working on. I'll post it when it's completed. Hopefully, if it gets adopted by the RRT community...maybe the community will become more unified.
jaymz
Palladin

Re: Adepticonad

Unread post by jaymz »

No cap. It was directed to the person who seems to think you should get your minis pro painted and pro photographed as opposed to the company doing so.

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Conversely You'd think they'd not want the title associated to a disgruntled former volunteer representative.

\m/
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Kryptt wrote:As for the question of why the person who ran it last year doesn't this year... Well he had a bad run last year with a certain someone in the community and now that individual has stepped down as a MA.

Was that the one who very publicly complained about the way a certain moderator threw him under a bus, blaming him for everything that went wrong?
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

I thought that happened at gencon, the guy went through hell to try and get there and a communication breakdown happened. Then the guy was tossed under the bus and asked to step down.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

rosco60559 wrote:I thought that happened at gencon, the guy went through hell to try and get there and a communication breakdown happened. Then the guy was tossed under the bus and asked to step down.

Different guy. Not sure which person Kryptt is referring to, but he'd be (at least) the third, including Jaymz that's left under less than amicable circumstances. There was definitely a different guy who was asked to step down at GenCon, but not the one just gone, the one last year. That three count doesn't include Jeff, but that's a different situation, being a paid employee rather than a volunteer.

To my knowledge, GenCon 2015 ran fairly smoothly from an organizational perspective. Probably helped they didn't run a RRT Tourney to complicate things.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

My mistake I got GC and adepticon situations mixed up.lol Yes I was referring to the cop who got thrown under the bus.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Kryptt wrote:My mistake I got GC and adepticon situations mixed up.lol Yes I was referring to the cop who got thrown under the bus.

Ahh.

I believe Phaze ran both last year's Adepticon, and last year's Open House. I'd be curious to know why not this year. I know it's a thankless task, but still. Just seems weird noone appeared to want to do it.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”