Latest news

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

agent_orange
D-Bee

Latest news

Unread post by agent_orange »

Well seeing that the polite request thread was deleted without any answers, anyone heard anything from PB regarding completing the now 2 years overdue Kickstarter ?
Any word on the resins?
Any word for the people out there who still have no received anything?
rosco60559
Explorer

Re: Latest news

Unread post by rosco60559 »

Nope no news. Probably no news any time soon. Rrt wasn't even mentioned in the weekly update. The last actual update that talked about wave 2 was before adepticon 2015. Also looks like nobody wanted to run anything at adepticon 2016 for pb, event regs traction/turn in was due back in October.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The 'polite' request thread reached the point where it was no longer polite enough to remain.

You can question Palladium, you can make constructive criticism of Palladium. Insults, allegations or threats against Palladium Books, it's staff or its fans will not be tolerated though.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Jeffar,

It would seem that although in all fairness we start these threads as polite and considered, it it the lack of answers, here, on the KS site or anywhere that inevitably lead to a great dal of frustration and ultimately vocal hostility

This should be a place where PB encourage the RTT community (such as it is) and a place where we can discuss the current state of affairs.

If the threads are heated then I would suggest the Mods moving /deleting them is not the answer. If someone in the know participated even at a low level here or elsewhere then the considerable weight of negativity that has been thrown up could be challenged with positive news - hiding away with your fingers in your ears is solving nothing
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

wilycoyote wrote:Jeffar,

It would seem that although in all fairness we start these threads as polite and considered, it it the lack of answers, here, on the KS site or anywhere that inevitably lead to a great dal of frustration and ultimately vocal hostility

This should be a place where PB encourage the RTT community (such as it is) and a place where we can discuss the current state of affairs.

If the threads are heated then I would suggest the Mods moving /deleting them is not the answer. If someone in the know participated even at a low level here or elsewhere then the considerable weight of negativity that has been thrown up could be challenged with positive news - hiding away with your fingers in your ears is solving nothing

I would add that the continued silence from anyone official at Palladium is making things worse as the dialog continues to spiral out of control and there is now continuous talk on the kickstarter page of legal recourse from many backers, not even just the most vocal ones, but many others have joined in that and I think that would be lessened if Palladium took the time to actually communicate directly with the backers and fans/customers here and on the Kickstarter page directly and not just in posting Updates. Actual dialog with the backers in the comments would go a long way to restarting the dialog which is what I thought Palladium also wanted at this point.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

If you are looking to communicate with Palladium, I would recommend another venue than these forums. Official staff participation on the forums (we mods are not staff) is usually pretty limited. Things posted here probably will not be seen by anyone with the ability to respond in an official manner. Similar posts on other forums or places like Facebook are even less likely to be officially noticed.

I have the direct contact information for Palladium in my signature. I also believe someone found the email address for the Kickstarter project at some point. I don't have that to hand, but a little digging will probably find it again.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

If someone was being rude or inconsiderate, why not jail/ban them rather than remove the thread?

The question remains, and I've seen the same queries asked on their FB page for months now. They do not answer them. I've sent email, no response. Private message directly here, to no avail. Sent a Palladium Help Desk request that was closed without an answer. Short of calling the office, I think I've gone above and beyond in asking simple, straightforward questions with a clear expectation of simple, straightforward answers, and in this digital age "calling them up to chat" shouldn't be the sole method of obtaining information.

NMI and other folks here have said they'd pass on the message, and nearly half a year later we've gotten nothing resembling a response, which indicates to me that not only are these forums being ignored, but the people who supposedly have something resembling their ear are also being ignored, or the answer is bad enough they don't want to stir things up by admitting it out loud.

Edit: and frankly, I think half a year of gradually decreasing politeness was overly generous of me.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Forar wrote:If someone was being rude or inconsiderate, why not jail/ban them rather than remove the thread?

The question remains, and I've seen the same queries asked on their FB page for months now. They do not answer them. I've sent email, no response. Private message directly here, to no avail. Sent a Palladium Help Desk request that was closed without an answer. Short of calling the office, I think I've gone above and beyond in asking simple, straightforward questions with a clear expectation of simple, straightforward answers, and in this digital age "calling them up to chat" shouldn't be the sole method of obtaining information.

NMI and other folks here have said they'd pass on the message, and nearly half a year later we've gotten nothing resembling a response, which indicates to me that not only are these forums being ignored, but the people who supposedly have something resembling their ear are also being ignored, or the answer is bad enough they don't want to stir things up by admitting it out loud.

Edit: and frankly, I think half a year of gradually decreasing politeness was overly generous of me.

I didn't see anything overly offensive in that thread. I think they just wanted it gone.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

It took a turn and bans of the responsible parties are being considered at this time.

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Ah, then the thread may return once it has been properly cleansed of these offending posts/participants?
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

Well, got an message on the Kickstarter site. Can't call it an update seeing as there is still zero info on wave 2. In fact it is literally just copy/paste from the weekly update. Looking through comments there are more people chiming in on the more negative side. That vocal minority keeps growing.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

The only thing different was that kevin said there would be more news posted in another update this weekm, but as usual it was with a caveat of if we get round to it. Given the space between recent updates , we will wait and see

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”