Invented Spells

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Invented Spells

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Going over some of my Painter and Tailor Spells in the Black Vault Wiki and realizing that some of them need more specific amounts on how much is affected by the spells. I might have to do some rewrites or modification of the spells.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Going over some of my Painter and Tailor Spells in the Black Vault Wiki and realizing that some of them need more specific amounts on how much is affected by the spells. I might have to do some rewrites or modification of the spells.

Darn! knit! And here I was making large event tents for peanuts, PPE-wise! Now that loophole is going to be closed like a drawstring noose!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Going over some of my Painter and Tailor Spells in the Black Vault Wiki and realizing that some of them need more specific amounts on how much is affected by the spells. I might have to do some rewrites or modification of the spells.

Darn! knit! And here I was making large event tents for peanuts, PPE-wise! Now that loophole is going to be closed like a drawstring noose!
The PPE cost will remain unaffected. I just need specifics on some of the cloth creatures created at low level.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This spell did need a PPE and amount of fabric limit.

Destroy Fabric by Stone Gargoyle

School of Magic: Tailor Magic
Spell Level: One
Range: 10 feet
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: none
P.P.E. cost: 1 per 20 lbs, with a limit of 20 (200 pounds)
This spell utterly destroys fabric, leaving it a pile of dust.
Limit: Has no effect on magically protected fabric or clothing, or anything being worn.

This one needed increased PPE cost as more fabric is being affected:

Shield of Denim by Stone Gargoyle

Spell Level: One
Range: Touch; affects a square foot of cloth per level
Duration: One hour per level
Saving Throw: None, does not work on magically altered cloth
P.P.E. cost: 1 per square foot of fabric
The mage can stiffen cloth to serve as a shield to parry blows. Said cloth has an S.D.C. of 5 per square foot after alteration. The cloth can be folded prior to using the spell on larger fabric to get a smaller yet thicker shield.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This one was incredibly vague in the details.

Summon String and Thread by Stone Gargoyle

Spell Level: Two
Range: 100 feet
Duration: Instant
P.P.E. cost: 5
This incantation causes loose string and threads to migrate towards the mage. Does not affect whole garments or clothing. Affects three yards total of string and thread at level one, plus an additional yard of string and thread per level. String and thread moves at a rate equal to the character's M.E. attribute number in feet per minute.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Another one that needed set limits:

Threadbear by Stone Gargoyle

Spell Level: Three
Range: Touch
P.P.E. cost: 20
This incantation causes loose threads to form into a small magical construct described by the mage while casting. It is a neat trick to entertain children. The stuffed animal produced has attributes of 3 in all areas.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

I think I have seen Females wear clothes enchanted with these spells or effected by them :D
Stone Gargoyle wrote:This spell did need a PPE and amount of fabric limit.

The mage can stiffen cloth to serve as a shield to parry blows.

Cut-Offs Shorts that look like they could parry artillery shells :shock:
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re:

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Painting Magic
Level One

Manipulate Image
Range: 20 feet
Duration: One day per level
P.P.E. cost: 4
Effect: This causes subtle changes in a painting. The painting will react to the person looking at it, smirking in judgement, glaring, eyes following the person, fidgeting slightly or making slight movements. This can be unnerving and bothersome, especially if the people looking at it are slightly superstitious or paranoid.
It can include making a cigarette smolder, grass or leaves in the painting appear to blow, or any other effect desired by the caster.

Portrait Speech
Range: Special
Duration: Half hour per level
The mage can yell into a painting the name of a friend and have it echo across the Paintscape. When it is heared, the message will be relayed by the Portraits when next the friend walks in front of a painting, This is not reliable, as Portraits will not relay the message until sure of the person they are to deliver it to, so this can take months or even years, if at all.

Destroy Painting
P.P.E. cost: 1 per square foot
The mage can cause a painting to self-destruct. Depending on the mage, the painting may crumble, the paint may run and smear, or the painting may burst into flames. Call it an artistic fit.
Limit: cannot affect any painting magically protected

Create Painting
The mage can touch an empty canvas and have images from his imagination or subconscious mind form in paint instantly. This will be be a static, unmoving image unless other sspells are cast as well. In addition, created by magic, this painting cannot be destroyed by anyone but the mage who created it. This can be done by the mage without expending P.P.E. at a moment's thought.

Artist's Nude
The mage can cause the clothing of any target to unfasten and unbuckle, falling to the ground. If used as an attack, the stripped person losses initiative and one attack, as well as any bonuses to armor provided by the clothing.

... I had a grimore done up with a bunch of blue magic most converted from the D&D/PRPG sourcebook for erotic magic, made for a daughter of Lillith and her two sisters.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Deva-xahis’s Karmic Visage(Spell of Legend/Ritual)
Yes, because we need more ugly women.
Seriously though, good job.

A lot of beautiful people who mistake good looks for goodness, and could do with a lesson...this spell was inspired by a recent ESPN reporter.... ;)
Has me thinking about other interesting curses and divinely-imposed punishments....

A lesson... Yup and that is why my good night and has a demonic/tortured morphus while her cannabalistic twin has an angelic one, with a horrific demon side hidden.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:

Come on those puns are getting old. Button it, zip it and patch the hole from which those puns keep bobbin out and unspooling. Ya gotta stop needling us with those and put a sock in it. Your laying the coat on to thick and your puns are far from iron clad it's like your pressing for something. Well ya better starting weaving cuz if ya stop denim guys will get you. Just keep your head down and it'll go as smooth as silk. If ya don't look behind you they'll get you in the tailor stab ya in the back.

:P
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Can i make a request/suggestion for all you original magic creators? Yes I'm talking to you!

What would you use/how would you make a backwoods or superstition type magic? One where all the old wives tales and folk sayings and superstitions are actually true?

I kind of have in mind a backwoods/hillbilly magic user who despite the improbable and rustic nature of his invocations/rituals actually achieves the effect he was after. i also envision a lot of ridiculous rhyming.

Such as
Cure Blemishes and/or minor wounds.
Components: A live black cat, rancid hog lard, a hand full of spider webs (to make a dressing), and a full moon.
The ritual is preformed at midnight in a clearing in full view of the full moon's light. Spell caster coats the blemish/wound with the rancid hog lard and applies the spider web dressing. Stand toward the moon with your face up turned and swing the cat over your head 6 times while chanting. "Black cat Black cat swung by the tail clear my skin and make me hale." As the last word is spoken the cat's tail is released and it sails into the darkness with your blemish/wound on it's body instead of yours.
PPE cost 3
Heals up to 1d8 SDC with no scaring and clears skin of rashes/warts/pimples and other dermatological conditions.

forgive me if this doesn't make much sense. First time trying to make a magic spell and I don't know what I'm doing.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Come on those puns are getting old. Button it, zip it and patch the hole from which those puns keep bobbin out and unspooling. Ya gotta stop needling us with those and put a sock in it. Your laying the coat on to thick and your puns are far from iron clad it's like your pressing for something. Well ya better starting weaving cuz if ya stop denim guys will get you. Just keep your head down and it'll go as smooth as silk. If ya don't look behind you they'll get you in the tailor stab ya in the back.

Puns, jokes and quips are how Taalismn expresses his like for materials presented. It'll be okay.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Can i make a request/suggestion for all you original magic creators? Yes I'm talking to you!

What would you use/how would you make a backwoods or superstition type magic? One where all the old wives tales and folk sayings and superstitions are actually true?

I kind of have in mind a backwoods/hillbilly magic user who despite the improbable and rustic nature of his invocations/rituals actually achieves the effect he was after. i also envision a lot of ridiculous rhyming.

Such as
Cure Blemishes and/or minor wounds.
Components: A live black cat, rancid hog lard, a hand full of spider webs (to make a dressing), and a full moon.
The ritual is preformed at midnight in a clearing in full view of the full moon's light. Spell caster coats the blemish/wound with the rancid hog lard and applies the spider web dressing. Stand toward the moon with your face up turned and swing the cat over your head 6 times while chanting. "Black cat Black cat swung by the tail clear my skin and make me hale." As the last word is spoken the cat's tail is released and it sails into the darkness with your blemish/wound on it's body instead of yours.
PPE cost 3
Heals up to 1d8 SDC with no scaring and clears skin of rashes/warts/pimples and other dermatological conditions.

forgive me if this doesn't make much sense. First time trying to make a magic spell and I don't know what I'm doing.
Superstition and fear can trigger additional accidental things to happen in magic, at least in my games. It is really up to the GM. As for ingredients for a spell, Palladium Magic does not really focus on that so much as it does P.P.E. cost to cast a spell. If you want to role-play it that way, that is up to you and your GM. I personally would give bonus points in XP for such creative role-playing.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Puns, jokes and quips are how Taalismn expresses his like for materials presented. It'll be okay.

I know. I was trying to get in a bunch of puns.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

abtex wrote:I think I have seen Females wear clothes enchanted with these spells or effected by them :D
Stone Gargoyle wrote:This spell did need a PPE and amount of fabric limit.

The mage can stiffen cloth to serve as a shield to parry blows.

Cut-Offs Shorts that look like they could parry artillery shells :shock:

On the other side, 'Destroy Fabic" could be use to 'fold up' survival gear, tents heavy jackets, and their like. The spell 'damaging' them to a lighter, easier to carry. Just repair or disspell the 'Destory' casting.

The "Shield of Denim" could be used to create ghillie style suit, strips of folded Denim. Folding Denim could also make weapons. But those would be misuse of the spell.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abtex wrote:On the other side, 'Destroy Fabic" could be use to 'fold up' survival gear, tents heavy jackets, and their like. The spell 'damaging' them to a lighter, easier to carry. Just repair or disspell the 'Destory' casting.
The purpose of the spell is to destroy fabric. It doesn't fold it or anything like that.
abtex wrote:The "Shield of Denim" could be used to create ghillie style suit, strips of folded Denim. Folding Denim could also make weapons. But those would be misuse of the spell.
The spell does not in any way change the shape of the fabric.
These spells are designed for a specific purpose. I would have to write additional spells to do what you are suggesting.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

First, do trying to start a fight. Am a little Redneck in my think. if I need something and don't have it. I use what is a available to make. A box and a trash bag together makes a bucket for a leaky roof in a rain storm.

So if I need some protection and weapons, and all that's available is a pile of clothing (or what i wearing). Add a couple spells and some skills, I make do. Till my attackers provide me with some. Lenght of knoted rope and dipped in tar (let dry) will make nice club. Rope around a hard stick, some mud, shaped fire harden sticks and fire dried equals club or 'mace'. Upgraded with real nails. Yes I have done this a very badly rolled up character.
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abtex wrote:On the other side, 'Destroy Fabic" could be use to 'fold up' survival gear, tents heavy jackets, and their like. The spell 'damaging' them to a lighter, easier to carry. Just repair or disspell the 'Destory' casting.
The purpose of the spell is to destroy fabric. It doesn't fold it or anything like that.

Guess using "Resize Clothing and Armor (Lesser)" or (Greater) spell would be a better to use for storing items. But those spells only work on Clothing and Armor, nothing else. Right? "Expand Space" spell only effects the inside of an item, not making it easier to transport.
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abtex wrote:The "Shield of Denim" could be used to create ghillie style suit, strips of folded Denim. Folding Denim could also make weapons. But those would be misuse of the spell.
The spell does not in any way change the shape of the fabric.
These spells are designed for a specific purpose. I would have to write additional spells to do what you are suggesting.

When I think of folding, I think Origami, which is commonly used with paper. Making shapes on the material being folded. If you can do a Shield bash attack, making or folding Denim into other shapes, could form other 'weapons' or armor. Meaning simple quick in the field ones. Better shaped designs if the time allows or predesigned for that purpose.
Should have read text of spell better. But it says only for parrying blows.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Shield of Denim by Stone Gargoyle
The mage can stiffen cloth to serve as a shield to parry blows. Said cloth has an S.D.C. of 5 per square foot after alteration. The cloth can be folded prior to using the spell on larger fabric to get a smaller yet thicker shield.

Any thoughs on Cloth or other material to use with spells to quick in the field, weapons, armor and surivial gear?

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abtex wrote:First, do trying to start a fight. Am a little Redneck in my think. if I need something and don't have it. I use what is a available to make. A box and a trash bag together makes a bucket for a leaky roof in a rain storm.
Please don't be insulting or I'll have to report you. My point was that the spells are basically utilitarian in purpose.
abtex wrote:Guess using "Resize Clothing and Armor (Lesser)" or (Greater) spell would be a better to use for storing items. But those spells only work on Clothing and Armor, nothing else. Right? "Expand Space" spell only effects the inside of an item, not making it easier to transport.
You could feasibly resize clothing for storage, though the spell is generally intended as a way of fitting a specific piece of clothing to a specific wearer so that it is the right size for them to wear.
You could shape the fabric and then harden it into weapons I suppose, but the damage would probably be less than an actual weapon, so why bother? Actual weapons are pretty common. Unless you are fighting in a clothing store where a lot of clothes are available for making into weapons, such an application of the spell is less than practical.
abtex wrote:When I think of folding, I think Origami, which is commonly used with paper. Making shapes on the material being folded. If you can do a Shield bash attack, making or folding Denim into other shapes, could form other 'weapons' or armor. Meaning simple quick in the field ones. Better shaped designs if the time allows or predesigned for that purpose.
The fabric must be folded before being hardened, so getting fabric to hold shapes would be problematic, though I suppose it could be done with certain stiffer materials.
abtex wrote:Should have read text of spell better. But it says only for parrying blows.
That's because the spell was pretty much designed for defensive uses.
abtex wrote:Any thoughts on Cloth or other material to use with spells to quick in the field, weapons, armor and survival gear?
I do not believe any of the spells currently are designed with battle mages in mind. You do make an interesting point, though, and one worth consideration. Let me think on it.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abtex wrote:First, do trying to start a fight.
Please don't be insulting or I'll have to report you.

Should have been "not trying" to start a fight.
Sorry, trying to post before going to work.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abtex wrote:Any thoughts on Cloth or other material to use with spells to quick in the field, weapons, armor and survival gear?
I do not believe any of the spells currently are designed with battle mages in mind. You do make an interesting point, though, and one worth consideration. Let me think on it.

again, "to quick in the field" should be "for quick use in the field"

taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[You could shape the fabric and then harden it into weapons I suppose, but the damage would probably be less than an actual weapon, so why bother? Actual weapons are pretty common. Unless you are fighting in a clothing store where a lot of clothes are available for making into weapons, such an application of the spell is less than practical..

"I thought you said hitting the 'Rags to Riches' place would be a cakewalk! You said nothing about the chick in the denim armor or the midget snapping underwear elastics like a kraut machinegun!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Have anything like these spells been proposed in this topic already? My G.M. at the time I wrote these didn't allow me to playtest them. I just found the file I wrote these in on my thumb drive and I thought I'd dredge them up and post them to get peer review. These are all Temporal Magic spells.

Spell Stasis: Lesser
Range: Self
Duration: Immediate; The spell in stasis can be held for 1 day per level
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: 110
Counts as a Level 11 Temporal Magic spell

Upon completion of this spell, the caster must immediately (within the next 15 seconds) cast a second spell. As soon as the PPE is expended for this second spell, its effect is prevented from occurring and is held in stasis for as long as one day per level of the caster. At any time the caster can end the stasis effect with just a thought (counts as one melee action), causing the spell that was held to have its normal effect as if it were just cast. All the requirements for the held spell to be successful must still be met at this time, or else the spell is wasted to no effect.

Only spells (not rituals) from level 10 and below can be held in this manner. The temporal caster can have one spell held in stasis for every five levels; From level 1-4 the caster can hold only one spell, at levels 5-9 the caster can hold two spells, from level 10-14 the caster can hold three spells, etcetera. Each spell to be held requires a separate casting of Spell Stasis: Lesser.

Spell Stasis: Greater
Duration: Immediate; The stasis effect can last up to one day per level
P.P.E.: 275
Counts as a Level 13 Temporal Magic spell

Similar to Spell Stasis: Lesser, the caster must cast this spell and immediately follow it up with a second spell, which is then kept in stasis. The difference is that this stasis effect can be turned off AND BACK ON AGAIN at will! This is only effective for spells with a duration other than instant. But this allows a caster to keep a spell in stasis until its effect is desired. At that time, the caster removes the spell from stasis (takes one melee action) and lets the effect occur. Any time before the duration of that spell ends, the caster may mentally put it BACK IN STASIS (takes one melee action), effectively “pausing” the spell and preventing it from running out of its duration. This can be done for the duration of the Spell Stasis: Greater spell, or until the duration of the held spell runs out when not in stasis (once that spell duration ends, so too does the Spell Stasis: Greater spell).

Only spells (not rituals) from level 10 and below can be held in this manner. The temporal caster can have only one spell held in stasis in this manner, and it counts as one Spell Stasis: Lesser effect when figuring how many Spell Stasis: Lesser spell effects can be held.

Temporal Prison
Duration: 1D4 minutes (weeks) per level
Range: Up to 100 feet away per level
Area of Effect: Encapsulates an area 10 feet × 10 feet × 10 feet. Every level of the caster's experience beyond first allows 10 feet to be added to one of those dimensions. Thus, a 7th level caster caster could affect an area 70 feet × 10 feet × 10 feet, 30 feet × 30 feet × 30 feet, or 40 feet × 40 feet × 10 feet, or so on.
Saving Throw: Special, see description
P.P.E.: 2,200; half for Temporal Wizards and Temporal Raiders
Considered a Temporal Magic Spell of Legend

This potent spell will encapsulate an area and all inside of it within a powerful temporal barrier, isolating them from the real world for the duration of the spell. The most insidious effect of this spell is that the flow of time is significantly decreased within the area of effect; every minute which passes inside is the equivalent of about an entire week of time in the real world! The caster must focus on the area to be so encapsulated for the entirety of the casting of the spell – if the caster wishes to move the effect to a new area he must stop casting the spell and start over, focusing on the new area.

Temporal beings and temporal spellcasters will automatically sense the flow of time changing within the area as the spell is being cast, and will have ample time to move out of the area before the spell finishes. All others can only sense that something is wrong if they make a save versus magic; if successful, they get a feeling that something bad or strange is about to occur in the area they are within, and may leave it before the spell is finished. Only one save is allowed, and if it is not made they have no warning and no chance to evade once the spell is completed.

Once created the boundary of the time prison cannot be physically crossed. Only magic spells such as mystic portal, dimensional teleport or equivalent will allow passage into or out of the temporal prison. Yes, even those who were caught in the spell’s initial effect may use magic to escape, but remember – they are operating at a much slower speed than the outside world, and as such even a simple action (one melee attack) would take hours of real-world time to complete!

The duration of this spell is only 1D4 minutes per level to those within the temporal prison, but because of this temporal distortion it will last for that many weeks of real time. The caster can end this spell at any time. Those inside the area of effect can be observed from the outside and will be seen almost as statues, moving in very slow motion. To those inside the effect everything on the other side of the boundary is a visible blur of motion that makes seeing anything which isn't part of the unchanging landscape or sitting still for hours at a time nearly impossible to discern.

Time Warp: Temporal Shield
Duration: 1 melee round per level
P.P.E.: 90
Saving Throw: Special, see below
Counts as a level 10 Temporal Magic spell

Upon completion of this spell, a shimmering shield of semi-transparent energy comes into being in front of the caster’s outstretched hand. Anything which comes in contact with this shield will be transported harmlessly into the future! Energy blasts, rail gun bullets, even people – upon contact with the field they are transported one minute (per level) in the future. They will emerge at the same location from where they were, unharmed and unhindered. Bullets will continue flying, energy blasts will continue traveling, people will continue walking/moving, etcetera. The difference is that one minute per level of the caster will have passed, and (if the caster is smart!) the caster is no longer in the same position.

The shield has a diameter of 5 feet and will hover in front of the caster’s open hand (either or, caster’s choice upon completion of the spell). It will always remain oriented to the direction of the caster’s hand, and will turn and move with the caster. There is no saving throw against this effect. However, since it is visible and does not encircle the caster, enemies can try to go around it to reach the caster. When an attacker tries this, if the caster is aware he can roll a parry (with a +4) to interpose the shield again and cause the attack to hit the field.

There is a limit of 100 lbs per level which can be transported to the future in this manner before the shield will fail. Anything which is over this limit does not get transported – instead, the shield disappears and the caster is subject to whatever was coming at him (can try to evade as per normal but now with an additional -4 to the attempt). Ranged attacks have negligible mass, but they too will stress the shield’s capabilities; every 1 M.D. in damage the attack does is treated as 1 lb which is transported. This means a 1D6×10 rail gun blast which hits the shield and does 30 M.D. will be treated as if 30 lbs had been transported, and the remaining capability of the shield is reduced accordingly. If that’s enough to drop the shield then the 30 M.D. would go against the caster (unless he successfully evaded despite the -4 to the attempt).
Last edited by Glistam on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:[You could shape the fabric and then harden it into weapons I suppose, but the damage would probably be less than an actual weapon, so why bother? Actual weapons are pretty common. Unless you are fighting in a clothing store where a lot of clothes are available for making into weapons, such an application of the spell is less than practical..

"I thought you said hitting the 'Rags to Riches' place would be a cakewalk! You said nothing about the chick in the denim armor or the midget snapping underwear elastics like a kraut machinegun!!!"
Making clothing into weapons kind of reminds me of the Asian cartoon Panty and Stocking. But casting spells to make clothing rubbery and able to be used as slingshots is an interesting idea.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Glistam wrote:Anything like this already?
I could not say. I do not have my Rifts Book of Magic handy to see what Temporal spells are already covered.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Glistam wrote:Anything like this already?
I could not say. I do not have my Rifts Book of Magic handy to see what Temporal spells are already covered.

Sorry, when I asked that I meant in relation to this 25 page thread of invented spells. I'm familiar with the Temporal spells in the Rifts Book of Magic, Fleets of the Three Galaxies, Rifter 57 and Wormwood. With the exception of the Wormwood spell, none of the spells I listed above are similar to to any of the published spells.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Making clothing into weapons kind of reminds me of the Asian cartoon Panty and Stocking. But casting spells to make clothing rubbery and able to be used as slingshots is an interesting idea.

It's like Ranma 1/2 fanfiction; with enough creativity and insanity, ANYTHING can be made into a martial art. And in Palladium, we have, in at least one universe, the Time of a Thousand Magics(so, somewhere in the megaverse, it's possible there was a Time of a BILLION Magics), but many have been lost(including, hopefully, Taxation Magic and $#!+Magery).
So, yeah, turning clothing into latex or elastic could actually come under several schools of magic, starting with Tailor Magic, but not confined to it(DomiMagic, the Mystic Arts of Domination and Submission come to mind, and Fashioneestics as well), while Elastics of Doom have cropped up several times in individuals' pursuits of refining Ludicrous Magery. :clown:
And let's not forget the Chainsaw Zipper of Death, believed to have been adapted from Spinning Blades. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Great now "Making clothing into weapons" would be a conversion :badbad: :badbad: .

Unless looking at history for "weapons" used, improvised self defense weapons and makeshift weapons. [google the last two] There just need means like spells and other materials mis-use to form them. "Millwall brick", Improvised explosive device out of fruit or food, ....

Defense is also needed armor, parrying and bashing devices and such.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:But casting spells to make clothing rubbery and able to be used as slingshots is an interesting idea.

atlatl spear throwers, bows with real or 'thead' arrows for a couple more

Did someone say "Buttons into Bullets" spell?

As dozens of Magic users from just everyday PPE users to Greater 'power factorys', raid the Clothing Stores. Could be why the pictures always show layers of clothing on Magic using folk?

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abtex wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:But casting spells to make clothing rubbery and able to be used as slingshots is an interesting idea.

atlatl spear throwers, bows with real or 'thead' arrows for a couple more

Did someone say "Buttons into Bullets" spell?

As dozens of Magic users from just everyday PPE users to Greater 'power factorys', raid the Clothing Stores. Could be why the pictures always show layers of clothing on Magic using folk?
I am definitely inspired to do more spells for clothing into weapons. Once I am able to have my books handy, of course.
abtex wrote:Great now "Making clothing into weapons" would be a conversion
No, not unless the clothing turned into energy constructs which serve as weapons.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:It's like Ranma 1/2 fanfiction; with enough creativity and insanity, ANYTHING can be made into a martial art. And in Palladium, we have, in at least one universe, the Time of a Thousand Magics(so, somewhere in the megaverse, it's possible there was a Time of a BILLION Magics), but many have been lost(including, hopefully, Taxation Magic and $#!+Magery).
A taxation spell could easily be written for Money Magic. Imagine shaking someone's hand and triggering a spell to transfer funds from your bank account to theirs. :twisted:
taalismn wrote:So, yeah, turning clothing into latex or elastic could actually come under several schools of magic, starting with Tailor Magic, but not confined to it(DomiMagic, the Mystic Arts of Domination and Submission come to mind, and Fashioneestics as well), while Elastics of Doom have cropped up several times in individuals' pursuits of refining Ludicrous Magery. :clown:
And let's not forget the Chainsaw Zipper of Death, believed to have been adapted from Spinning Blades. :twisted:
Much twisted inspiration happening here. :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This spell lacked a lot of the details, such as the size of the fabric and the dimensional pocket created:

Concealing Cloak by Stone Gargoyle

Spell Level: Five
Duration: 3 minutes per level
P.P.E. cost: 25
The mage can hide inside a piece of fabric and let it drop over him, effectively entering a pocket dimension to hide The fabric must be a square 3 feet X 3 feet in size (a square yard). The mage must crouch down, as this is a fairly small space (spell creates a dimensional pocket 3 feet X3 feet X3 feet).

This one needed a little bit of clarification:

Daryl's Disintegrating Garment by Stone Gargoyle

Spell Level: Five
Duration: 1 day per level
P.P.E. cost: 25
The caster creates a timed spell within the garment which holds it together for the duration after the spell is cast. Once the duration of the spell or at any time the caster wishes, the garment falls apart, reduced to threads. The magic used is to hold the garment together. Casting dispel magic will remove the spell and cause the garment to disintegrate.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:It's like Ranma 1/2 fanfiction; with enough creativity and insanity, ANYTHING can be made into a martial art. And in Palladium, we have, in at least one universe, the Time of a Thousand Magics(so, somewhere in the megaverse, it's possible there was a Time of a BILLION Magics), but many have been lost(including, hopefully, Taxation Magic and $#!+Magery).
A taxation spell could easily be written for Money Magic. Imagine shaking someone's hand and triggering a spell to transfer funds from your bank account to theirs. :twisted:

"Shakedown"---Everybody expects it to be a more violent spell(like grabbing somebody by the ankles and empty their pockets by the inversion method). This is more subtle.
"See Assets" would work something like 'See Aura" and would give the spellcaster a general idea of how solvent an observed person is, or how solvent they THINK they are. Combined with Words of Truth or other lie detection magic, it can help determine if a person is hiding additional assets/resources(clearly this would need some clearer parameters as to what would count as an 'asset' and how it would be perceived....a person with title holdings of miles and miles of arid unusable desert land might read differently from somebody with a bag of gold bullion hidden under their floorboards at home, or stock certificates in Humongous Petroleum).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:A taxation spell could easily be written for Money Magic. Imagine shaking someone's hand and triggering a spell to transfer funds from your bank account to theirs. :twisted:

"Shakedown"---Everybody expects it to be a more violent spell(like grabbing somebody by the ankles and empty their pockets by the inversion method). This is more subtle.
Of course they expect it to be more violent. But imagine the poor target of the spell going to his account and suddenly finding money missing. Presumably this would also give the mage the account number of the person but would be untraceable from the other end.
taalismn wrote:"See Assets" would work something like 'See Aura" and would give the spellcaster a general idea of how solvent an observed person is, or how solvent they THINK they are. Combined with Words of Truth or other lie detection magic, it can help determine if a person is hiding additional assets/resources(clearly this would need some clearer parameters as to what would count as an 'asset' and how it would be perceived....a person with title holdings of miles and miles of arid unusable desert land might read differently from somebody with a bag of gold bullion hidden under their floorboards at home, or stock certificates in Humongous Petroleum).
Well, for the purpose of taxation, that desert land might be assessed a greater value than it is actually worth, just to squeeze more money out of the target
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This one was missing the PPE cost. Oops...

Power Tie by Stone Gargoyle

Spell Level: Eight
Area of Effect: 20 foot radius
Saving Throw: none; Save vs. mind control to counter effect of tie once created
Duration: 1 hour per level
P.P.E. cost: 50
This incantation affects a garment which, when worn, will give +20% to Trust/Intimidate and Charm/Impress to the character unless those looking at him save vs. mind control.
taalismn
Priest

Count Money(Money Magic)(Invocation)
Level: 1
Type: Invocation
Saving Throw: None for normal currency, magic coins and currancy get a standard saving throw.
PPE Cost: 2
Effects:
By simply touching a bundle of bills, or a sack of coins, the caster can instantly tell how many coins/bills there are, and their collective value. This spell will also work through thin metal, ceramic(piggybanks), and leather(wallets/purses), but not through safety deposit boxes, collection boxes, and desk vaults.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Making clothing into weapons kind of reminds me of the Asian cartoon Panty and Stocking.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
No, not unless the clothing turned into energy constructs which serve as weapons.

Palladium Forum rules about conversions. Is what I was thinking about.

But taalismn may have provided a way round that...

taalismn wrote:So, yeah, turning clothing into latex or elastic could actually come under several schools of magic, starting with Tailor Magic, but not confined to it (DomiMagic, the Mystic Arts of Domination and Submission come to mind, and Fashioneestics as well), while Elastics of Doom have cropped up several times in individuals' pursuits of refining Ludicrous Magery. :clown:

Is that already a Spell called "Chainsaw Zipper of Death" or is that coming soon?

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:"I thought you said hitting the 'Rags to Riches' place would be a cakewalk! You said nothing about the chick in the denim armor or the midget snapping underwear elastics like a kraut machinegun!!!"

"Where did she get that from?? She was wearing more clothing that minute ago, no much but more ... Right! "
"You have a problem, with what's she almost has on now?"
"No, just asking. You got a camera?"
Last edited by abtex on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
Is that already a Spell called "Chainsaw Zipper of Death" or is that coming soon?

Off the top of my head...
Though I'd already done a variation of 'Spinning Blades', only for chains and ropes; 'Wreath of Hydra' I think I called it, and another one for needles, so a spell turning a zipper into a weapon (or cutting tool) wouldn't be too farfetched and off-reservation.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abtex wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Making clothing into weapons kind of reminds me of the Asian cartoon Panty and Stocking.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Palladium Forum rules about conversions. Is what I was thinking about.
Unless I were to specifically make a pair of panties which transformed into an energy sword and a pair of stocking which turned into guns made of energy, it is not a conversion. The general idea of turning clothing into weapons is not a violation of board rules.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:

Off the top of my head...
Though I'd already done a variation of 'Spinning Blades', only for chains and ropes; 'Wreath of Hydra' I think I called it, and another one for needles, so a spell turning a zipper into a weapon (or cutting tool) wouldn't be too farfetched and off-reservation.

Would the spell make or would around something this Navija, or "Gypsy Ratchet Sword"

[Edited]
Both are called navaja.
The navaja is a traditional Spanish folding blade fighting and utility knife. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Navaja

Whip Sword.... NOooo... It is a Navija, or more accurately a modern interpretation of the early 1400s "Gypsy Ratchet Sword" they were worn as a necklace when not in use then a button wratchet in the handle pulled the chain tight so they could be used as a solid sword. Same mechanisms found in retractable penns today only larger and stronger spring.
Last edited by abtex on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

taalismn
Priest

Well, thinking on it some more, I can see that you'd have to have two related spells, a Zipper from Hell (minor) that applies only to zippers you're wearing, and a Zipper from Hell(Major) that would allow you to animate and control somebody ELSE's zipper(s) from range....I'd think of the latter in many cases as effectively being the equivalent of a 'Castrado/Emasculate' spell. :twisted:
"When Bluejeans Attack!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Off the top of my head...

No it was called ...
Hydra’s Circle (Invocation) by Taalismn
Level: 7
Range: The initial length of cord/chain cannot exceed 15 ft long. Each level of experience increases that length/range by the level of experience (so a 10 ft whip will be 30 ft long by 3rd level, while a 15 ft chain will be 45 ft long, etc.)
Damage: 1d4 SDC/MDC per whip/cord
Duration: 2 melees per level of experience
Saving Throw: Parry or Dodge
PPE Cost: 20
Effects:
This spell does for chain and cord weapons what the Spinning Blades spell does for knives. Applied to a length of cord (must be heavy cord, not string), rope, ribbon (including metal ribbon), or chain, the spell produces an additional cord/chain per level of experience. The additional whips/cords/chains can be wielded without encumbrance (they seem to ‘float’ alongside the original object).
Has a bonus of +1 to entangle per additional level of experience/chain/cord added.
The spell also extends the length of the chains/cords/whips, times each level of experience, so an 18 inch length of chain is x3 for third level, x4 for fourth level, etc.

taalismn
Priest

Ah yes, thank you. Sometimes the inventory/indexing system in my mind breaks down.... :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Liquify PPE(Invocation)
Level: 9
Duration: Varies; depending on how the liquid PPE is stored.
PPE Cost: Varies. 55 PPE baseline, +2 PPE per 1 PPE liquified under normal conditions. It costs 60 PPE baseline, and 1 PPE per 1 point liquified on a Ley Line, and costs only 30 PPE baseline, and 1 PPE per 1 point liquified at a nexus point.
Effects:
This spell allows the caster to convert PPE into a stabilized liquid form. This allows the spellcaster to store magical energy for longer periods of time, though the liquid state is not permanent, and evaporates away over time. This provides a cheaper(PPE cost-wise), if shorter-term, alternative to the more expensive Create Talisman spell as a PPE reservoir. Liquified PPE is a light blue-green or gold liquid that seems to glow. 10 PPE occupies the same volume as an ounce of water, and a container of some sort MUST be ready to receive the liquid when it is created.
Liquid PPE has an effective shelf-life as follows:
Paper cartons, clay, metal, or plastic containers: 2 days per level of experience.
Glass Containers: 3 days per level of experience.
MDC Metal Containers: 4 days per level of experience.
MDC Glass Containers: 6 days per level of experience.
Silver-lined Containers: 10 days per level of experience.
Specially enchanted containers can hold the liquid PPE for longer, or even in a permanent state.

Liquid PPE CANNOT be frozen.

Liquid PPE can be used to replenish magic users’ PPE reserves simply by drinking it. It is also useful as a stock component in potions, healing baths, and other magical concoctions. For non-magic users drinking the liquid PPE, there is no effect other than a tingling feeling, a mild sense of well-being, and possible mild hallucinations if a quart or more is drunk(save versus magic or be effectively stoned for 1d4 hours), though the imbiber will show up to those with the ability to sense magic as having a much higher PPE than they should, at least until the liquid passes through their system. Psi-stalkers and other PPE-utilizers can also drink the liquid and derive nourishment from it. Splashing the liquid on vampires and other beings susceptible to water has NO effect.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

humm...mana potions.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:Off the top of my head...

A spell or 3 that could tie ropes or link chains together for use, could be called 'Wreath of Hydra'

No it was called ...

Hydra’s Circle (Invocation) by Taalismn
Level: 7
Range: The initial length of cord/chain cannot exceed 15 ft long. Each level of experience increases that length/range by the level of experience (so a 10 ft whip will be 30 ft long by 3rd level, while a 15 ft chain will be 45 ft long, etc.)
Damage: 1d4 SDC/MDC per whip/cord
Duration: 2 melees per level of experience
Saving Throw: Parry or Dodge
PPE Cost: 20
Effects:
This spell does for chain and cord weapons what the Spinning Blades spell does for knives. Applied to a length of cord (must be heavy cord, not string), rope, ribbon (including metal ribbon), or chain, the spell produces an additional cord/chain per level of experience. The additional whips/cords/chains can be wielded without encumbrance (they seem to ‘float’ alongside the original object).
Has a bonus of +1 to entangle per additional level of experience/chain/cord added.
The spell also extends the length of the chains/cords/whips, times each level of experience, so an 18 inch length of chain is x3 for third level, x4 for fourth level, etc.

What would a version of the above spell be that just formed lengths of rope, para-cord or it's like. With little to no damage, more tool use. Most likely have a limited 'life'. Are just use as is?
Last edited by abtex on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

taalismn wrote:Liquify PPE(Invocation)
Level: 9
Duration: Varies; depending on how the liquid PPE is stored.
PPE Cost: Varies. 55 PPE baseline, +2 PPE per 1 PPE liquified under normal conditions. It costs 60 PPE baseline, and 1 PPE per 1 point liquified on a Ley Line, and costs only 30 PPE baseline, and 1 PPE per 1 point liquified at a nexus point.
Effects:
This spell allows the caster to convert PPE into a stabilized liquid form. This allows the spellcaster to store magical energy for longer periods of time, though the liquid state is not permanent, and evaporates away over time. This provides a cheaper(PPE cost-wise), if shorter-term, alternative to the more expensive Create Talisman spell as a PPE reservoir. Liquified PPE is a light blue-green or gold liquid that seems to glow. 10 PPE occupies the same volume as an ounce of water, and a container of some sort MUST be ready to receive the liquid when it is created.
Liquid PPE has an effective shelf-life as follows:
Paper cartons, clay, metal, or plastic containers: 2 days per level of experience.
Glass Containers: 3 days per level of experience.
MDC Metal Containers: 4 days per level of experience.
MDC Glass Containers: 6 days per level of experience.
Silver-lined Containers: 10 days per level of experience.
Specially enchanted containers can hold the liquid PPE for longer, or even in a permanent state.

Liquid PPE CANNOT be frozen.

Liquid PPE can be used to replenish magic users’ PPE reserves simply by drinking it. It is also useful as a stock component in potions, healing baths, and other magical concoctions. For non-magic users drinking the liquid PPE, there is no effect other than a tingling feeling, a mild sense of well-being, and possible mild hallucinations if a quart or more is drunk(save versus magic or be effectively stoned for 1d4 hours), though the imbiber will show up to those with the ability to sense magic as having a much higher PPE than they should, at least until the liquid passes through their system. Psi-stalkers and other PPE-utilizers can also drink the liquid and derive nourishment from it. Splashing the liquid on vampires and other beings susceptible to water has NO effect.

Huh. So it could also be used as antifreeze in a pinch? Nifty. And it could theoretically be mixed into cocktails... But would it water down the mage's martini? Hmm...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Taal's spell reminded me of something from my days at playing around a table. We were playing a game much like a BTS setting, & the GM let the player have a can of liquid sunlight as a part of his equipment.

Liquid Sunlight
Level: 7 Invocation
Duration: Instant (special)
Saving Throw: N/A
PPE: 50

Changing the sunlight around the the caster into a glowing liquid that appears into a cup or container within the mage's hands. This causes what seams to be a 100 foot sphere of absolute darkness to appear around the mage, for a second per gallon made, while the sunlight is being around the mage is being changed into the liquid form. The mage can make up to one gallon of liquid sunlight per level of the mage if in full sunlight. The liquid sunlight will evaporate from the container if the light can escape. This evaporating light has all the qualities of the light it was made from. having the ability to hurt those that are damaged by natural sunlight. If the liquid sunlight comes in contact with these being it will do quadruple (x4) damage and if ingested the liquid sunlight will do ten times the damage as regular sunlight exposer. This is because the liquid sunlight will evaporate in a few seconds as if boiling off.
The liquid light will normally evaporate at a rate of one liquid ounce per hour the effect of this evaporation is that the liquid glows like the sun. This evaporation can be halted by enclosing it in a opaque container.

While the light from artificial lights can be made into a liquid, the liquid will not have the effects on the SN as the liquid made from sunlight. This spell makes nothing if case in absolute darkness and only a few drops per level of liquid starlight on a moonless night.

Ahh..humm...was looking back over the topic and found T's liquid sunlight spell... :bandit: oh well now here is two.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Utterance of Abb(Invocation)
Range: 10 ft radius per level of experience
Duration: 1 melee per level of experience
Saving Throw: Standard
PPE Cost: 4
Effects:
The caster utters a statement so mangled and vague in its delivery and content that anybody, friend AND foe, within the radius of effect, and able to hear it, will try to parse the pronouncement for meaning, becoming distracted and confused in the process. Victims will be -2 to initiative, -3 to strike, parry, dodge, and -15% to skill rolls for the duration of the effect.
A standard saving throw versus magic, total deafness, or magical protection against sonic attacks will prevent the Utterance of Abb from having any effect. However, if somebody has a means of translating sound to text, and reads the Utterance during its duration of effect, it will have the same effect as if it were spoken.
The spell also has a translation component, allowing anybody in the area of effect to have just enough comprehension of the Utterance as to be able to appreciate its incomprehensibility(and also nixing it as a low-cost translation spell).
Penalty: Anybody with an IQ of 8 or better casting this spell is, unfortunately, also affected by it unless they have one of the protections listed above, as they can’t quite believe what is coming from their own mouths.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

taalismn wrote:Utterance of Abb(Invocation)
Range: 10 ft radius per level of experience
Duration: 1 melee per level of experience
Saving Throw: Standard
PPE Cost: 4
Effects:
The caster utters a statement so mangled and vague in its delivery and content that anybody, friend AND foe, within the radius of effect, and able to hear it, will try to parse the pronouncement for meaning, becoming distracted and confused in the process. Victims will be -2 to initiative, -3 to strike, parry, dodge, and -15% to skill rolls for the duration of the effect.
A standard saving throw versus magic, total deafness, or magical protection against sonic attacks will prevent the Utterance of Abb from having any effect. However, if somebody has a means of translating sound to text, and reads the Utterance during its duration of effect, it will have the same effect as if it were spoken.
The spell also has a translation component, allowing anybody in the area of effect to have just enough comprehension of the Utterance as to be able to appreciate its incomprehensibility(and also nixing it as a low-cost translation spell).
Penalty: Anybody with an IQ of 8 or better casting this spell is, unfortunately, also affected by it unless they have one of the protections listed above, as they can’t quite believe what is coming from their own mouths.

I love this! You clever clever man.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Well, I've been thinking of spells that novice or sub-par magic-users could cast that are low-level, but decidedly dangerous(to both the target and the user and bystanders) and counter to commonsense, the risk of 'kick-back' or of being seen casting 'defective' magic keeping them from seeing greater usage, despite any perceived utility. LIke the magic equivalent of a Cyberpunk polymer one-shot pistol. They may be echoes of failed schools of magic, or the development of mages who wouldn't listen to more learned colleagues, or corrupted attempts to copy, at lower cost, more popular and proven magic(like making a BMW-lookalike out of cardboard and a lawnmower engine).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”