My DEMO TEAM thread locked? LET'S TRY AGAIN!!!!

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Would you like to demo Robotech RPG Tactics?

Yes - anywhere I can get a game happening in public
14%
Yes - in game stores and conventions
14%
Yes - at conventions
No votes
Yes - in game stores
3%
Yes - but only privately (friends, family, school, local club)
6%
Maybe - (post your queries / thoughts below)
17%
No
46%

Total votes: 35

Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: My DEMO TEAM thread locked? LET'S TRY AGAIN!!!!

Unread post by Phaze »

Rick S. wrote:so playing thru Dinner doesn't bother you or your boys? or playing thru sunday morning zombies doesn't bother you, oh well have fun, still love the times picked, must have been a brainiac on those. :lol: :lol:

Yea... those times were picked by me, for my schedule.

Man, you must be confused. The Palladium staff is running demos all the time that don't require tickets. My events are hosted and do require tickets. We are generally working together, but I am an MA runnig specific events. There is a seperate 'Demo' Team that run the demos. I am not DIRECTLY working with them except through the MA Coordinator. The timing was chosen by me. And yes my IQ is above average...thank you.

Also so your not there to display the game then, oh my bad thought you guys were running the games to show them off, well if that's not your plan then you picked a great location and time to do that since no one will be around to watch or care, most definitely not miniature gamers since they don't go to the RPG rooms and maybe not many RPGers since they like to eat too

Heres my plan, just cause you asked so nicely...

I plan to go to GENCON and have a great time.

In addition I am a fan of Robotech. I am a large Kickstarter supporter. I would like a good return on my 'investment' on a line of minis based on a 30 year old admiration of the IP. Under the current circumstances, I have two options...

1) Put as much effort as I can to promote this and help get a good long run of the game, making it profitable (as in actual playtime per cost of the game) for me and hopefully profitable for Palladium so they can go make more minis to feed my addiction. So in that vein, Yes, I am promoting the game.

--- OR ---

2) Brood about the delays, 'lies', communication and other slights that may be real or perceived, and voice my displeasure loudly across several boards, chat rooms, youtube, blogs, phone calls, smoke signals, etc...

So since you seem to have the situation all figured out... Tell me which one of the choices above has any hope getting me to my goal?

Now the real question I have... Why are you here?

Are you using the playtest rules dated May 2013, or a more recent revision?

I won't comment on the current ruleset I have...Its not relevent, or won't be at gametime.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Phaze- the MAs are in no better position than you are on regards to the rules. It is actually very possible that the players, if they buy RRT and read the rules before the game they are in, may know the rules better than you or the MAs. Not likely but possible. That us not a good thing for a new game at its debut convention.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Huh, no figures. I wonder if the rules book will still be for sale?
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I noticed.

Presumably the books were being produced somewhere else, but I don't recall them saying anything about the books arriving.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

jaymz wrote:Phaze- the MAs are in no better position than you are on regards to the rules. It is actually very possible that the players, if they buy RRT and read the rules before the game they are in, may know the rules better than you or the MAs. Not likely but possible. That us not a good thing for a new game at its debut convention.

Yea...I know...I'm a MA. Hence my position. :-)

But more to your point, I believe... could people arrive with a better understanding of the rules? ok, possible. Have they had 20 games under their belt with similar rules? not likely.

All this is moot...I will be ready for a great time. :D
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Well I cannot wait to see the new and fresh faces joining the forums just to talk about what an amazing time they had demo'ing the game, how clear, fast and fun the rules are, how detailed the figures (in the little clear cases) are and how excited they are to be onboard with this incredible new system!

I mean, every time there's a little convention dozens of backers and random folks alike approach the PB staff to tell them how amazing and incredible the figures are, and how much they enjoy the demo, so we're t-minus a week and counting from a wave of positivity and enthusiasm the likes of which this forum has never seen!

LET'S DO THIS THANG!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Rick, you need a new minis crew to play with. Your players sound like a Car Wars group I abandoned years ago for being nutters. In general, minis players are no different than other gamers. Most aren't snobs and those minis gamers who only play one minis game aren't the audience for RTT. I know plenty of 40k-Only gamers. Few of them will buy RTT. But so what?

The big focus is that there isn't a big Mecha game on the market right now. Battletech and Mechwarrior are in some weird lull and SJG didn't do anything to promote a real Ogre/GEV revival after their KS.

As for the GenCon placement, every sort of gamer walks through the merchant area. Palladium will hopefully have some banners of some sort catching attention of passers-by that announce RTT. Also, they will be doing RTT demos at the booth which means minis people are going to see the game.

Keep in mind that RTT is initially going to grab Robotech fans more than general minis gamers. That's not a bad thing.

jaymz wrote:Spinachcat - actually the MAs do not have the finalized rules of the game. Unless they got them yesterday. This is from an MA, a significant one at that, that will be running games at gencon. The rules they do have are old demo rules. Also they do not have minis. They may get acces to the blue table ones but as of right now they do not have any.

Maybe I was misinformed. I had heard everyone doing RTT at GenCon would be getting a PDF of the rules and they would be using the minis that PB had painted specifically for demos. I understood they had a primo set for the booth and then lots of playable pieces for the demo team. I didn't think the GenCon demo minis were based on waiting for the shipment to arrive.

We will see.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Spinachcat wrote:
jaymz wrote:Spinachcat - actually the MAs do not have the finalized rules of the game. Unless they got them yesterday. This is from an MA, a significant one at that, that will be running games at gencon. The rules they do have are old demo rules. Also they do not have minis. They may get acces to the blue table ones but as of right now they do not have any.

Maybe I was misinformed. I had heard everyone doing RTT at GenCon would be getting a PDF of the rules and they would be using the minis that PB had painted specifically for demos. I understood they had a primo set for the booth and then lots of playable pieces for the demo team. I didn't think the GenCon demo minis were based on waiting for the shipment to arrive.

We will see.

As of my post that you quoted, that hadn't been put in to place yet but now, according the person I was in contact with this about, yes they will indeed have the appropriate rules as far as I am aware as well as, from what I was told, two sets of minis that are large enough for games to be run with. :ok:

This is a good thing because had they not reversed this stance of not giving the rules out....as typical as some say it is to be that way, I do not think it would have bode well for the reception of RRT.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Ok, so here is the scoop.
We are trying to get the official rules in Phaze's hands, and will have the most up to date rules for those people that are Palladium staff- which will be the same thing!!!
Secondly, the GenCon games are totally supported by Palladium- those that got everything in on time, are being run by MA's, etc. Ingex and NMI are in charge of the GenCon games (in that order- NMI is Ingex' support) to make sure this is Palladium's best GenCon. That being said, the delay in shipment, in a word, sucks.
Meanwhile, myself and Zenvis (the other 2 Coordinators) are working on an official rollout for all of the FLGS. This will occur after all the Kickstarter backers have been shipped product!!! Palladium is not selling to the stores until that is out- so we are talking some time.
Anyone that wants to participate in the official demo will have to join the MA program, and be held to the code of conduct that means you are an Ambassador of Palladium Books. That does not mean you have to always agree (I am a vocal proponent for PDF's for example) It just means you have to have some respect.
I look forward to telling you more about all of this. I will admit that I have already talked to Jaymz about this, and will reach out to Spinachcat as well- those that are willing to actually give some constructive advice, and are not a basher of RRT or Palladium will be welcome to have some input!
Thanks Spinachcat for trying again to have a Demo discussion!
FYI- This does not mean that Palladium does not want anyone else doing Demos that do not want to join the MA program- just that their will be an official event....
We, the coordinators, and the MA's, are only volunteers- Please do not think I have all sorts of inside info, or even any special info... I just took on this project as Ingex and NMI had GenCon, and someone needed to make sure there was a coordinated effort on the rollout.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

zyanitevp wrote:Ok, so here is the scoop.
We are trying to get the official rules in Phaze's hands,

DONE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
zyanitevp
Champion

Phaze wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:Ok, so here is the scoop.
We are trying to get the official rules in Phaze's hands,

DONE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Burke confirmed that with me today- I am glad!
My Twitter
Image Image
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

zyanitevp wrote:Meanwhile, myself and Zenvis (the other 2 Coordinators) are working on an official rollout for all of the FLGS.

Might I suggest one thing for this......make sure it is at least a couple of months post shipping to backers. We aren't talking about a game with a few minis per side like a Battletech, but likely a dozen or more per side, not to mention these are not minis like Batttleteh either in that they are 15-25 piece model gaming minis not 5-6 piece gaming minis.

Just a thought when looking to get the ball rolling on this event.

\m/
zyanitevp
Champion

jaymz wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:Meanwhile, myself and Zenvis (the other 2 Coordinators) are working on an official rollout for all of the FLGS.

Might I suggest one thing for this......make sure it is at least a couple of months post shipping to backers. We aren't talking about a game with a few minis per side like a Battletech, but likely a dozen or more per side, not to mention these are not minis like Batttleteh either in that they are 15-25 piece model gaming minis not 5-6 piece gaming minis.

Just a thought when looking to get the ball rolling on this event.

Good suggestion Jaymz- and agreed- there will be time after backers receive their shipments.
My Twitter
Image Image
Maximilian Jenius
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Maximilian Jenius »

Did I read that correctly? Is there going to be a rollout event at flgs's?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The only answer to this question is an unqualified definitive maybe and probably but not 100% sure yet......

:D

\m/
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I voted maybe as I would like to run some demos at the local con and store. The problem need to make terrain with a very small budget.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
zyanitevp
Champion

Maximilian Jenius wrote:Did I read that correctly? Is there going to be a rollout event at flgs's?

Yes, you read correctly.
My Twitter
Image Image
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Party at the FLGS! Yea!
Maximilian Jenius
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Maximilian Jenius »

Is this something that we are going to have to have the flgs sign up for?

What timeline are you guys looking at?
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Shawn Merrow wrote:The problem need to make terrain with a very small budget.

There are lots of sites on the web about making homemade terrain with stuff around the house. It's just the trade of sweat equity versus money. Also, if you scour eBay you can get cheap terrain, especially if you are willing to repair damaged stuff.

Here's a couple of video tutorials...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwR17mP-aQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNkxVcMsQIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_PLNKXCdx4
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Shawn Merrow wrote:I voted maybe as I would like to run some demos at the local con and store. The problem need to make terrain with a very small budget.

I can hook you up with 6mm scale buildings. All you need is a printer that can print on cardstock (business card thickness), scissors and gluesticks.

\m/
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Yes, please do so jaymz. I been trying to find modern cities but been mostly finding WWII Europe and other period buildings. I also want to do some stuff up for a Mars base battle.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
zyanitevp
Champion

Maximilian Jenius wrote:Is this something that we are going to have to have the flgs sign up for?

What timeline are you guys looking at?

Yes, we will ask to sign up Stores, as I am working at getting actual posters to hype the event.
Timeline will be released when Palladium gives it to me- I 100% guarantee that it will be after people have received Wave 1, and had some paint/assemble time.
My Twitter
Image Image
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Excellent. I'll start greasing the gears at Phantasm in 4 weeks. The only store in town here usually has a booth there as well.

\m/

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”