Robotech® RPG Tactics Ur pledged is...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

what your Robotech® RPG Tactics

$1
No votes
$2 to $14
No votes
$15
1%
$25
No votes
$40
No votes
$70
4%
$80
6%
$130
1%
$140
28%
$260
22%
$3500
1%
$3600
No votes
did not pledged Robotech® RPG Tactics
16%
will wait
18%

Total votes: 67

Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Robotech® RPG Tactics Ur pledged is...

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Monster is here!!!!
tgunner91
Explorer

Unread post by tgunner91 »

Not quite yet. The MAC is unlocked at $325K. A $40 monster too! But it's going to have to be a pretty huge kit! I don't know, I might get one down the road though. What I want are principally Destriods and Zentraedi.
RiverJack
Explorer

Unread post by RiverJack »

This looks good. Their better be a Southern Cross miniature set. If they showed they were making minis based on every Bioroid I would pledge right now.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

RiverJack wrote:This looks good. Their better be a Southern Cross miniature set. If they showed they were making minis based on every Bioroid I would pledge right now.

i think( this is rumers NOW) next month will start Southern Cross miniature set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
übermensch
D-Bee
Comment: Your not as think as you smart you are.

Unread post by übermensch »

Seto Kaiba wrote:
übermensch wrote:Hey Seto, so you aren't supporting Robotech Tactics because you think it won't be successful? But do you want it to be successful? If so, I suggest pledging for the artwork tiers if you don't fancy the minis.

More or less. I opted not to support the Robotech Tactics kickstarter because my long experience with Robotech and miniature war-gaming is pointing me to an outcome where the game could be called a success (by Harmony Gold standards) as a collectable, but will not catch on sufficiently to be viable for its intended purpose. Kind of like how many RT fans bought the RPG without any intention of ever running a game, simply as a collectable or reference guide to the series. The Robotech fanbase out my way is very VERY sparse, so I'd have to relegate the miniatures to display item status if I'd bought in... and I've already got a rather larger and higher-quality set of Macross miniatures in a similar scale (1/250).

As far as whether I want it to be successful? Robotech tends to have rather different standards for "successful" than the rest of the industry. I'd like to see Palladium doing well for itself, they've been good to me in the past, but I'd really be happier seeing them devote their attention to the RPG (maybe a nice on-time release for once, boys?) than spending their time building hype for a miniatures game that may never catch on... particularly as the RPG is pretty much the ONLY thing Robotech being released at reasonable intervals.

Would I pledge for the art? No. Well, maybe for that one with the Legioss and TLEAD on it. I didn't thrill to the art of the old RT books. Put up poster-size prints of the 2e core book and Macross Saga covers and I'd certainly think long and hard about it. They're reasonably well-done, and since they preserved the original markings on the VF-1 I could easily slip that one into my Macross poster collection without anyone being the wiser. :lol:

I think the Tactics game will give the Robotech brand a boost, for sure. By leaving "RPG" in the title, I hope that Palladium will have a strong tie-in between Tactics and the RPG. Maybe make it a little easier to involve the PCs & NPCs in the large-scale battles the Macross Saga is known for. Who knows? Maybe Palladium will have enough cash to push the Big Book of Spaceships back into the lineup? Or maybe that could be another Kickstarter opportunity?

I think the intended purposes are to make a little money, try to keep Robotech relevant for new fans and to make old fans happy. I think the Kickstarter will accomplish these goals.

As a show of support for Palladium, I think you should chip in if you can spare the coin.
Akashic Soldier wrote:I'm sorry über.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

ZINO wrote:
RiverJack wrote:This looks good. Their better be a Southern Cross miniature set. If they showed they were making minis based on every Bioroid I would pledge right now.

i think( this is rumers NOW) next month will start Southern Cross miniature set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will they be to scale with the current miniatures?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*thinks*
:|
*thinks harder*
:frust:
Nope.
Not wasting my coins on this.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

ZINO wrote:i think( this is rumers NOW) next month will start Southern Cross miniature set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt it. Their previous remarks seem to indicate they're taking a wait-and-see approach.

übermensch wrote:I think the Tactics game will give the Robotech brand a boost, for sure.

Really, I doubt it. Thus far, the Robotech Tactics kickstarter has performed pretty much exactly within the parameters of typical Robotech merchandise sales. It would only be a "boost" in that it's a brief flicker of activity for a brand that, apart from Palladium's occasional RPG installments, is basically in a coma. We're not seeing significant interest among any group other than the existing Robotech/Palladium fanbase, which is exactly what the past twelve years of the sales figures for Robotech merch would lead us to expect. (The worried voices wondering aloud if RT Tactics is just going to do the Macross Saga and quit are certainly justified in their fears, based on past performance.)

übermensch wrote:Who knows? Maybe Palladium will have enough cash to push the Big Book of Spaceships back into the lineup? Or maybe that could be another Kickstarter opportunity?

I doubt it... the "Big Book of Spaceships" seems to be a thoroughly dead prospect, even though several people (yes, even me) have offered to write it on the cheap. From the sound of things, various bits of it are going to be rolled into the new UEEF Marines sourcebooks instead. I'd rather it not be done as a Kickstarter, since that's an overt sign of weakness for a franchise as long-established as Robotech. The message that sends is that the people behind it have such cause to doubt the viability of the product that they'll only make it if enough people commit to buy it in advance. I know Harmony Gold's creative staff have pretty much admitted flat-out that there's a distinct lack of confidence in Robotech in the senior echelons of their own company, but it's still damaging to see it so baldly demonstrated.

übermensch wrote:I think the intended purposes are to make a little money, try to keep Robotech relevant for new fans and to make old fans happy. I think the Kickstarter will accomplish these goals.

'cept for that "new fans" part, yeah you're probably right. It's something vaguely resembling forward motion, so it'll bring a little money in and appease the old fans.

übermensch wrote:As a show of support for Palladium, I think you should chip in if you can spare the coin.

Now, I'll cheerfully, nay, eagerly shell out for products from Palladium that I actually want... but I'm not about to toss my money at them for no reason. That's not how commerce works, my friend. Palladium's not a charity or a NPO, they're a business. What I want to see from them isn't a lot of flash and very little substance from a tabletop game with precious little in the way of prospects for actual success, I want to see new and higher quality RPG books, being released on time, and with the content they've been promising.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

My awesome gamer chick loaded me down with awesomeness, I got the 140 AND the 25 level...I really wanted those two prints!!! The best thing is, she hates Robotech, but loves me enough to spend money on it while I am deployed 8)

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
übermensch
D-Bee

Seto Kaiba wrote:... but I'm not about to toss my money at them for no reason. That's not how commerce works, my friend. Palladium's not a charity or a NPO, they're a business. What I want to see from them isn't a lot of flash and very little substance from a tabletop game with precious little in the way of prospects for actual success, I want to see new and higher quality RPG books, being released on time, and with the content they've been promising.

You should participate because it's fun to help a good company succeed in a new venture. I think the additional capital earned from Tactics will help Palladium make more/better books.

In your opinion, what would be a good, objective measure of success for the Tactics Kickstarter? 5,000 backers? 10,000 backers? $1 million in pledges? Or do you feel the Kickstarter is inconsequential to the long term success of the game?
RiverJack
Explorer

ZINO wrote:

Well when it becomes something more than a rumor I will pay and it will be a lot :D I very much hope they also make the Bioroid Interceptors, all the different versions, and the RoboTech II mecha, last time I talked with a Palladium rep they still had high hopes for them to make a new source book for RoboTech II.
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

Kevin & Alex have both said they plan and have approval from HG to make Masters pieces at the same scale. The problem so far is they will not give out details of that plan and along with Ninja Division have kept linking those plans to the success of the Macross KS & market roll out of its games. Ninja Division talks like they only have rights/permission to make Macross at this time and plan to produce 3 Macross games with mecha and se/character stuff, although they have hinted that a successful ks would speed the release of Macross product. I get the impression they weren't ready to reveal some of the add-ons & bonuses yet, but had to because the ks is growing so fast averaging at about 70k or 100% of the original ks each day so far.
Even if they have decided to go ahead with Masters/Southern Cross at this time because of the apparent overwhelming success of the ks so far, I doubt they would be revealed before the Macross game & pieces are available in Dec as not to give Ninja Division a head ache :) . Besides it took a while, although they actually worked up the game & pieces pretty quickly, to get ready for the Macross KS. I hope they make an announcement on a timeline for Masters and sooner rather than later.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

RiverJack
Explorer

rtsurfer wrote:Kevin & Alex have both said they plan and have approval from HG to make Masters pieces at the same scale. The problem so far is they will not give out details of that plan and along with Ninja Division have kept linking those plans to the success of the Macross KS & market roll out of its games. Ninja Division talks like they only have rights/permission to make Macross at this time and plan to produce 3 Macross games with mecha and se/character stuff, although they have hinted that a successful ks would speed the release of Macross product. I get the impression they weren't ready to reveal some of the add-ons & bonuses yet, but had to because the ks is growing so fast averaging at about 70k or 100% of the original ks each day so far.
Even if they have decided to go ahead with Masters/Southern Cross at this time because of the apparent overwhelming success of the ks so far, I doubt they would be revealed before the Macross game & pieces are available in Dec as not to give Ninja Division a head ache :) . Besides it took a while, although they actually worked up the game & pieces pretty quickly, to get ready for the Macross KS. I hope they make an announcement on a timeline for Masters and sooner rather than later.

I just thought of something cool. Just think how cool it would be if they made a Titian miniature, :D like it would not count as miniature more like a coffee table with wheels.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:
ZINO wrote:i think( this is rumers NOW) next month will start Southern Cross miniature set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt it. Their previous remarks seem to indicate they're taking a wait-and-see approach.

übermensch wrote:I think the Tactics game will give the Robotech brand a boost, for sure.

Really, I doubt it. Thus far, the Robotech Tactics kickstarter has performed pretty much exactly within the parameters of typical Robotech merchandise sales. It would only be a "boost" in that it's a brief flicker of activity for a brand that, apart from Palladium's occasional RPG installments, is basically in a coma. We're not seeing significant interest among any group other than the existing Robotech/Palladium fanbase, which is exactly what the past twelve years of the sales figures for Robotech merch would lead us to expect. (The worried voices wondering aloud if RT Tactics is just going to do the Macross Saga and quit are certainly justified in their fears, based on past performance.)

übermensch wrote:Who knows? Maybe Palladium will have enough cash to push the Big Book of Spaceships back into the lineup? Or maybe that could be another Kickstarter opportunity?

I doubt it... the "Big Book of Spaceships" seems to be a thoroughly dead prospect, even though several people (yes, even me) have offered to write it on the cheap. From the sound of things, various bits of it are going to be rolled into the new UEEF Marines sourcebooks instead. I'd rather it not be done as a Kickstarter, since that's an overt sign of weakness for a franchise as long-established as Robotech. The message that sends is that the people behind it have such cause to doubt the viability of the product that they'll only make it if enough people commit to buy it in advance. I know Harmony Gold's creative staff have pretty much admitted flat-out that there's a distinct lack of confidence in Robotech in the senior echelons of their own company, but it's still damaging to see it so baldly demonstrated.

übermensch wrote:I think the intended purposes are to make a little money, try to keep Robotech relevant for new fans and to make old fans happy. I think the Kickstarter will accomplish these goals.

'cept for that "new fans" part, yeah you're probably right. It's something vaguely resembling forward motion, so it'll bring a little money in and appease the old fans.

übermensch wrote:As a show of support for Palladium, I think you should chip in if you can spare the coin.

Now, I'll cheerfully, nay, eagerly shell out for products from Palladium that I actually want... but I'm not about to toss my money at them for no reason. That's not how commerce works, my friend. Palladium's not a charity or a NPO, they're a business. What I want to see from them isn't a lot of flash and very little substance from a tabletop game with precious little in the way of prospects for actual success, I want to see new and higher quality RPG books, being released on time, and with the content they've been promising.

Can't you think a little possitive? You act like it is a forgone conclusion that it will fail. I think they have a halfway desent chance of getting something big going. Yes, I admint that it can all fall apart, but at the same time it can still become something big.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Hey on the bright side, you could just take the minis from this game and plug them into battletech as the Unseen mecha making a triumphant return ;)

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

übermensch wrote:You should participate because it's fun to help a good company succeed in a new venture. I think the additional capital earned from Tactics will help Palladium make more/better books.

If they offer something I actually want, then sure... but I'm not going to sink money into a miniatures game just to be nice to Kevin, when all the minis are going to do is sit on a shelf, gathering dust and looking not as nice as the Bandai 1/250 minis.

übermensch wrote:In your opinion, what would be a good, objective measure of success for the Tactics Kickstarter? 5,000 backers? 10,000 backers? $1 million in pledges? Or do you feel the Kickstarter is inconsequential to the long term success of the game?

In the interest of fairness, that depends on how we want to define "success". I mean, it wouldn't be fair to hold the Tactics kickstarter up to the same standards of the established miniature war-games. But, by the same token, we'd have mislead ourselves if we used Robotech's usual approach of setting the bar so low it's a trip hazard in Hell's sub-basement.

Over the past two decades and change, Robotech has sold pretty much exclusively to its existing fanbase. The number of new fans coming in was negligible in the best of times, most "new" fans being people who were old fans and merely rediscovered the series... most of whom have already thrown up their hands in disgust and quit a second time. So, let's define success as "exceeding the previous high water mark for sales of Robotech merchandise from the basic classes of models, toys, and premium collectibles". If we were stupendous jerks, we'd use the merchandise for Macross as a watermark and lament that they're not moving a hundred thousand units like it's nothing.

At its peak, it was generally expected that merchandise for the same general class and cost bracket would move, at best, about 7,500 units. We're already sitting at about the average level for a very recent Robotech collectable, about 1,500 contributors. Unprecedented success would, perhaps, be having over 7,500 people pledge for at least the basic $80 starter set (over $600,000). Above average performance would probably be around 5,000 people pledging for $80 or more (over $400,000).

Do I think the Kickstarter is any indicator of the long-term viability of the game? No. For a miniature war-game to be viable, you need a VERY large player base. Larger by at least an order of magnitude than Robotech's fanbase at its largest. The problem is not even the quality of the game and its minis, it's that Robotech itself doesn't sell... it's a virtual nonentity in the anime industry, and the older crowd who would remember the series and are into gaming with minis (Battletech fans) tend to consider the title a dirty word. That's not a good place to be when you're trying to break into an industry that's already having a tough time of it thanks to the recession.. let alone an industry that's locked up by an assortment of heavy-hitters who've been in the biz for ages.

Alpha 11 wrote:Can't you think a little possitive?

Optimism unfettered by reality is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Alpha 11 wrote:You act like it is a forgone conclusion that it will fail. I think they have a halfway desent chance of getting something big going. Yes, I admint that it can all fall apart, but at the same time it can still become something big.

Alpha, looking back at Robotech's history over the past 25+ years, one could be forgiven for reaching the conclusion that having the word "Robotech" in the title makes failure a foregone conclusion. I mean, c'mon, Harmony Gold's been trying to come up with a viable continuation for the 1985 animated series for almost 30 years with pretty much nothing to show for it except a series of embarrassing catastrophes.

Robotech's fanbase isn't big enough to sustain a tabletop miniature war-game on its own. Just look at the RPG. Most sessions of it are run online, because the fanbase is so small and so dispersed that it's hard to find players who actually live close enough together to meet up. You can't play a tabletop war-game online like that.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

I am RT:Macross Saga'd out. I will pledge when and if we get to Southern Cross/Masters and Mospeada/New Generation.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

:D just a friendly reminder to please be nice
thank you for your time
last I really would like to use restrain in certain words or this can be lock
so plz express in kindly matter
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I have no intention of contributing to this. Number one, I am still angry over the Northern Gun Insider. Number two, I am not a fan of Robotech. And third, and most important, I am not into playing miniature games.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Icefalcon wrote:I have no intention of contributing to this. Number one, I am still angry over the Northern Gun Insider. Number two, I am not a fan of Robotech. And third, and most important, I am not into playing miniature games.

thank you for honesty man!!!!
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

übermensch wrote:You should participate because it's fun to help a good company succeed in a new venture. I think the additional capital earned from Tactics will help Palladium make more/better books.

I don't think that I should give money to a company just to insure it's survival. At this point, they have made the goal 5x over now (approaching six) which means they have more than enough to hire on a few more permanent staff to speed up the process of getting books out. However, I still doubt they will come out on time. Only waiting to see how it plays out will prove how successful this infusion of cash is to the company.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
übermensch
D-Bee

Icefalcon wrote:

I don't think that I should give money to a company just to insure it's survival. At this point, they have made the goal 5x over now (approaching six) which means they have more than enough to hire on a few more permanent staff to speed up the process of getting books out. However, I still doubt they will come out on time. Only waiting to see how it plays out will prove how successful this infusion of cash is to the company.

That was meant for Seto-San. He clearly likes Palladium and Robotech but he won't cough up $15 for the art tier :-)

Your stance on the Kickstarter is well known. Stopping by the Robotech forum to say how much you dislike Robotech is a little silly, but that's cool.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

übermensch wrote:That was meant for Seto-San. He clearly likes Palladium and Robotech but he won't cough up $15 for the art tier :-)

Boy, you must not have listened to any Robotech podcasts then... or you'd know I'm downright FAMOUS for my alleged hatred of Robotech. I'm (supposedly) so villainous that mention of me among the suck-up clique that's all that's left on Robotech.com routinely ends up in territory that would leave Mike Godwin feeling like his law set a lower bound. :lol:

To be entirely fair (to me), I cough up for two copies of any given book in the RT line... one for separation, lamination*, and actual use, and one for archival purposes. The old art didn't thrill me, but if they offer prints (poster-size) of the art off of 2nd Edition's core book and the Macross Saga 2e book, I'll be all over that.

* Laminating the pages lets me make notes for house rules directly on the page in dry or wet-erase marker, which really does work out nicely for the type of games I run.

übermensch
D-Bee

Seto Kaiba wrote:
übermensch wrote:That was meant for Seto-San. He clearly likes Palladium and Robotech but he won't cough up $15 for the art tier :-)

Boy, you must not have listened to any Robotech podcasts then... or you'd know I'm downright FAMOUS for my alleged hatred of Robotech. I'm (supposedly) so villainous that mention of me among the suck-up clique that's all that's left on Robotech.com routinely ends up in territory that would leave Mike Godwin feeling like his law set a lower bound. :lol:

To be entirely fair (to me), I cough up for two copies of any given book in the RT line... one for separation, lamination*, and actual use, and one for archival purposes. The old art didn't thrill me, but if they offer prints (poster-size) of the art off of 2nd Edition's core book and the Macross Saga 2e book, I'll be all over that.

* Laminating the pages lets me make notes for house rules directly on the page in dry or wet-erase marker, which really does work out nicely for the type of games I run.

:lol:

Your reasons for not participating in the Kickstarter are certainly valid. It just seems like Palladium is the only outfit trying to advance Robotech so I would think Palladium and Robotech fans would like to pitch in something. At the end, I'm sure whatever any of us pledged individually will be a drop in the bucket. It's a chance to maybe be involved in something bigger - the potential comebacks of both Palladium and Robotech. Wouldn't that be cool?

I'd love the 2e covers as posters, as well. I've PM'ed Alex to see if it was a possibility but I'm not holding my breath waiting for an answer.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

is there gonna be a Zentraedi male (like the Nousjadeul -ger )and female power suits (like the Queaduluun -Rau )???i
or are there gonna be gunships (like the AH-68 comanchero) or jet fighter(like the F-203 Dragon II or MiM the Karyoin or the QF- 3000 ghost ) we seen in macross saga
the MBR spartan 07 haven't seen yet sorry to be a pain but i would like them all sorry
any one knows??
Alpha 11
Palladin

Icefalcon wrote:

I think the vast majority of the money is going to making the game. I don't know how much Palladium will be getting, but I honestly don't see them getting no more then 5%. 10% if they are VERY luck. So, if they, and we also, are lucky, they MIGHT put that money to getting one more person. That is all I can see them getting out of any money they might get. Again, IF they get that amount.

Seto Kaiba wrote:

That's cool that you buy 2 of every book. Wish I could do that.

ZINO wrote:is there gonna be a Zentraedi male (like the Nousjadeul -ger )and female power suits (like the Queaduluun -Rau )???i
or are there gonna be gunships (like the AH-68 comanchero) or jet fighter(like the F-203 Dragon II or MiM the Karyoin or the QF- 3000 ghost ) we seen in macross saga
the MBR spartan 07 haven't seen yet sorry to be a pain but i would like them all sorry
any one knows??

I'm almost possitive that the power armors will be made, though as for the others, not to sure.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

übermensch wrote:At the end, I'm sure whatever any of us pledged individually will be a drop in the bucket. It's a chance to maybe be involved in something bigger - the potential comebacks of both Palladium and Robotech. Wouldn't that be cool?

I'm not sure you could really call it a "comeback" for RT, since it never made it big in the first place. I'd like to see Palladium recover more fully, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything on the Kickstarter I'm interested in.

Alpha 11 wrote:That's cool that you buy 2 of every book. Wish I could do that.

Palladium's books are pretty reasonably priced, so it's not something that breaks the bank. Now laminating them will definitely break the bank if you try to do it at a Fedex Office. :lol:

Alpha 11
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:
übermensch wrote:At the end, I'm sure whatever any of us pledged individually will be a drop in the bucket. It's a chance to maybe be involved in something bigger - the potential comebacks of both Palladium and Robotech. Wouldn't that be cool?

I'm not sure you could really call it a "comeback" for RT, since it never made it big in the first place. I'd like to see Palladium recover more fully, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything on the Kickstarter I'm interested in.

Alpha 11 wrote:That's cool that you buy 2 of every book. Wish I could do that.

Palladium's books are pretty reasonably priced, so it's not something that breaks the bank. Now laminating them will definitely break the bank if you try to do it at a Fedex Office. :lol:

I'll have to take your word for it. And ya, HG hasn't done a very good job with Robotech in my view eithor. The Sentials falling through wasn't their fault, but they rest has been ok to are they really tring? For instences, they seem adavent againest doing the Sentianals for some strange reason. Yes, I've heard their explanation, but it still makes no sence IMO. That would be a perfect place to go with the reboot and all, and they really wouldn't have to deal with Macross that much.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Alpha 11 wrote:And ya, HG hasn't done a very good job with Robotech in my view eithor. The Sentials falling through wasn't their fault, but they rest has been ok to are they really tring? [...]

Some of the things wrong with Sentinels were bad luck and unpleasant happenstance, there were still plenty of things they demonstrably did wrong in handling it that leave a healthy share of blame on their doorstep.

Alpha 11 wrote:For instences, they seem adavent againest doing the Sentianals for some strange reason. [...]

Probably copyright reasons, what might've flown under the radar 20 years ago is now potential grounds for a lawsuit.

Alpha 11
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:And ya, HG hasn't done a very good job with Robotech in my view eithor. The Sentials falling through wasn't their fault, but they rest has been ok to are they really tring? [...]

Some of the things wrong with Sentinels were bad luck and unpleasant happenstance, there were still plenty of things they demonstrably did wrong in handling it that leave a healthy share of blame on their doorstep.

Alpha 11 wrote:For instences, they seem adavent againest doing the Sentianals for some strange reason. [...]

Probably copyright reasons, what might've flown under the radar 20 years ago is now potential grounds for a lawsuit.

I would like to know how. If they could get away with it in TSC, couldn' t they do the some thing in Sentainals?
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Well, I'm holding onto my hard-earned cash until I get a confirmation on Southern Cross mini's. I will not get burned a second time by Harmony Gold by getting my hopes up only to be crapped on by the damning with faint praise of Tommy Yune and the other chuckleheads running the franchise. If and when it does come along, I will pledge as much as humanly possible in hopes that it is successful enough to spawn a New Generation and subsequent Sentinels set of minis. The thing is that Palladium (and Harmony Gold) are sitting on a pile of designs they could still incorporate into Robotech (such as the unused MOSPEADA Armo-Soldiers) to make for stretch goals etc.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Well, I'm holding onto my hard-earned cash until I get a confirmation on Southern Cross mini's. I will not get burned a second time by Harmony Gold by getting my hopes up only to be crapped on by the damning with faint praise of Tommy Yune and the other chuckleheads running the franchise. If and when it does come along, I will pledge as much as humanly possible in hopes that it is successful enough to spawn a New Generation and subsequent Sentinels set of minis. The thing is that Palladium (and Harmony Gold) are sitting on a pile of designs they could still incorporate into Robotech (such as the unused MOSPEADA Armo-Soldiers) to make for stretch goals etc.

Well the good news at least, this was Palladiums ideal, not HG. Yes, HG might have they final yes and no on things, but its mosty Palladium and ND that are doing thing. As for designs, I think you need to talk to ND about that. They put togethor the KS and the stretch goals. And there might not be a KS for the other 2, just putting out a starter set for those, then add ons.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

ok at 450 K we get this male z power suits !!!

The Destroid Boxed Game Upgrade is almost here and the Zentraedi are hot on their heels!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrp ... cstm/posts

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/4 ... 1367272633
any comment on this ~!!
RiverJack
Explorer

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Well, I'm holding onto my hard-earned cash until I get a confirmation on Southern Cross mini's. I will not get burned a second time by Harmony Gold by getting my hopes up only to be crapped on by the damning with faint praise of Tommy Yune and the other chuckleheads running the franchise.

Perfectly agree with this statement. And it doesn't help they allow people to post personal information about other people without their consent and links to their stuff that have nothing to do with Robotech.

I fully support Palladium and Palladium additions to Robotech not only because of the quality but because their staff is friendly people.

Like I said before if this game goes farther than whats seen in the Macross era I will def help donate money for those miniatures. To be exact I will help by pledging money for things attributed too Southern Cross, RoboTech II, Shadow Chronicles, and anything that takes place after. I have the forgotten mechs, which they still make for Battle Tech with some redesign, that's my only reason for not pledging right now. I wont pledged for anything or buy anything that has to do with the third act of the Robotech saga. I didn't like that story arc nor the characters, except Lancer for the most part, nor the music, I hate the sound of synthesized steel drums.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Alpha 11 wrote:I would like to know how. If they could get away with it in TSC, couldn' t they do the some thing in Sentainals?

They got away with what they did in TSC by putting everyone and everything Macross-related that wasn't absolutely plot-crucial on a bus. The whole point of Sentinels was to be "the continuing adventures of the Macross Saga's cast", which would be tempting fate to an obscene degree. They clearly didn't feel the Sentinels designs were far enough from the originals they were trying to non-infringingly ape, hence Rick Hunter's "who are you" makeover.

Alpha 11
Palladin

RiverJack wrote:
Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Well, I'm holding onto my hard-earned cash until I get a confirmation on Southern Cross mini's. I will not get burned a second time by Harmony Gold by getting my hopes up only to be crapped on by the damning with faint praise of Tommy Yune and the other chuckleheads running the franchise.

Perfectly agree with this statement. And it doesn't help they allow people to post personal information about other people without their consent and links to their stuff that have nothing to do with Robotech.

I fully support Palladium and Palladium additions to Robotech not only because of the quality but because their staff is friendly people.

Like I said before if this game goes farther than whats seen in the Macross era I will def help donate money for those miniatures. To be exact I will help by pledging money for things attributed too Southern Cross, RoboTech II, Shadow Chronicles, and anything that takes place after. I have the forgotten mechs, which they still make for Battle Tech with some redesign, that's my only reason for not pledging right now. I wont pledged for anything or buy anything that has to do with the third act of the Robotech saga. I didn't like that story arc nor the characters, except Lancer for the most part, nor the music, I hate the sound of synthesized steel drums.

There is no garenty that they will do another KS for the rest of the sagas. Mostly likely they will just start doing Southern Cross stuff, if Macross saga is a success. So most likely you would be waiting 1 or 2 years before you even get a glace at them most likely. But I could be wrong about it. Plus Shadow Chronicles and the Invid Invasion are basicly one and the same. So to "just" support one will support both.
Alpha 11
Palladin

:D Looks like Kyron is coming!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Over half a mil! :D
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Alpha 11 wrote::D Looks like Kyron is coming!

no he already HERE RUN I SAY RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Khyron is a psychotic wuss :P
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

jaymz wrote:Khyron is a psychotic wuss :P

All doped up on the Flowers of Life. :lol:
Alpha 11
Palladin

ZINO wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote::D Looks like Kyron is coming!

no he already HERE RUN I SAY RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Say that to his face just as you are and without backup.

SailorCallie wrote:

All doped up on the Flowers of Life. :lol:

That might not be cannon anymore. Though it doesn't really matter. He's crazy either way.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

well tell Khyron
2,611 Backers
$517,994 pledged of $70,000 goal
15days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey i getting the Robotech Battlefoam
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

should the kick starter have earth Or UEG jet fighter added and gunships
we have the aerospace fighter (gnerl pod)
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

I don't know whether they intend to introduce the Ghost &/or Lancer. In Robotech, Zentraedi mecha don't transform into fighters, well the Glaug with booster attached might be considered one, so in a way the Gnerl is their air support like the VF in fighter mode.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Alpha 11
Palladin

Well, after the extra Veritech, it looks like it might be the Armor Veritech or the Super Veritech. When I first saw the preview, I thought it was the SVT, but some have said the Armor one. I now don't know. Whatever it is, I can't wait for it!
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Well, the scenes pictured in the teasers are from "Force Of Arms", which makes me think Supers
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
Alpha 11
Palladin

Sgt Anjay wrote:Well, the scenes pictured in the teasers are from "Force Of Arms", which makes me think Supers

That's what had me thinking at first also. Also, the new sizing chart is out, and the new figure on it looks very Southern Crossy.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Armored Valk is what I'm thinking....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Alpha 11 wrote:
Sgt Anjay wrote:That's what had me thinking at first also. Also, the new sizing chart is out, and the new figure on it looks very Southern Crossy.

comparison with a standard 32mm scale hobby game piece

The one on the top row is not a Robotech miniature but just there to provide scale.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”