Land of the Southwinds Book?????

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gthomas41571
D-Bee

Land of the Southwinds Book?????

Unread post by Gthomas41571 »

..Ok... here it is layed out, there are many of us that feel (myself included) that feels like Palladium Fantasy RPG is being left out some.. this is the game that started it all, there are still several area that need to be filled in the Southwinds,more info on the old kingdom, there's info on these place, but its a little vauge in some places... I understand that GM are good enought to run with there own ideas, but there's more then enought room to fill these lands with source book ideas, I kmow the people at palladuim books have there hands full with publishing dates and quotas,and other game systems, but a lot of us would love to hear somemore on these area...I just think IMO that PFRPG was pushed to the back of the bus,

I'm not knocking the company by anymeans,I know LOD3 and the new magic book was done,and done extremly good,and that's its not easy to run a publishing company, especially with your schedule,
We would just like to the more of the game that started it all..

Respectfully yours. G Thomas
P.S. keep up the great work...
robertbc73

Re: Land of the Southwinds Book?????

Unread post by robertbc73 »

I agree and as an after thought; what about the rest of the globe?
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Me too!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
St. Evil
Explorer
Comment: Looking to start the Really Evil League of Evil, because the League of Evil wasn't evil enough.

Unread post by St. Evil »

Here here. I love the settings and read the books just for fun in-between my normal reading and to get ideas for what I run next, any new or updated material would be fun to see.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Gthomas41571 wrote:I'm not knocking the company by anymeans,I know LOD3 and the new magic book was done,and done extremly good...

If they were done and done extremely good, you'd have them in your hands..

I'd love to see some more books for this line too, it's why I'm working on the Tombs of Gersidi, and why I've almost finished the Palladium Fantasy Paper Miniatures. If I can do good on the Tombs, I'm going to ask Kev for the Old Kingdom manuscripts to see what I can do with them.

Happy Birthday DarkElf, where's your PF manuscript? :D
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
robertbc73

Unread post by robertbc73 »

I am probably going to start expanding on the rest of the world. As I do Ill do my best to write it up all pretty and share.
Gthomas41571
D-Bee

I can't wait... let us know how it goes......
Gthomas41571
D-Bee

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Gthomas41571 wrote:I'm not knocking the company by anymeans,I know LOD3 and the new magic book was done,and done extremly good...

I'd love to see some more books for this line too, it's why I'm working on the Tombs of Gersidi, and why I've almost finished the Palladium Fantasy Paper Miniatures. If I can do good on the Tombs, I'm going to ask Kev for the Old Kingdom manuscripts to see what I can do with them.

Well all the other books.were done well and theyMve only gotten better soooooooo..... they have to be done well lol :D
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I agree. I think it is high time we write our own ideas and share them. For LotSW, in my games, has always been the orient.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

MADMANMIKE wrote:

Ty Mike. feeling old :?

Ive done the 80 locations in Lopania (which are awesome) and am just doing a Campaign Cartographer 3 map of the city in between my other maps of the Palladium world. I have four pages on event rules which Im playtesting and refining. That's all that's left! That's over 80 print pages just on the games and I had to flesh out most of Phi and Lopan (in notes) to establish this manuscript.

Ive not spoken to Kevin about the content so it may all be too far from his vision for all I know but hey - if so, I'll offer it to the Rifter.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Dark Elf wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:

Ty Mike. feeling old :?

Ive done the 80 locations in Lopania (which are awesome) and am just doing a Campaign Cartographer 3 map of the city in between my other maps of the Palladium world. I have four pages on event rules which Im playtesting and refining. That's all that's left! That's over 80 print pages just on the games and I had to flesh out most of Phi and Lopan (in notes) to establish this manuscript.

Ive not spoken to Kevin about the content so it may all be too far from his vision for all I know but hey - if so, I'll offer it to the Rifter.

Get to it man!!! Looking forward to it. Happy Birthday!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Gthomas41571
D-Bee

Hey Dark Elf ,if Kevin doesn't use them postem, I sure the unimaginative lot her would, me being one of them lol. :wink:
Gthomas41571
D-Bee

Hey Dark Elf ,if Kevin doesn't use them postem, I sure the unimaginative lot her would, me being one of them lol. :wink:
Tyberius
Wanderer

Unread post by Tyberius »

I'd love to see something too.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

If people here would post their own islands or continents we could have an unofficial rest of the globe. That would be a lot of fun. One person who is a good writer could flesh it all out based on ideas people may have for the rest of the world. Maybe someone who knows cartography could map it out and include the original Fantasy part of the world into it.

I think that would be really awesome.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Tyberius
Wanderer

Unread post by Tyberius »

I'm trying to prep a world for a pending campaign I'm planning on GMing, and Old Kingdom and LotSW are big holes. Oh well, lots to work with starting with Timiro, then some Eastern Territories, and then some Sea Adventures.

I'm new to all of this. Would love to hear of any ideas people have run with in their worlds.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

I really hope they put out some new books. I have almost all the fantasy books and am starting to get a little sad that my collection is almost complete :-( . What am I supposed to do once I have them all :?:
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!
MADMANMIKE

TheGameMaster wrote:I really hope they put out some new books. I have almost all the fantasy books and am starting to get a little sad that my collection is almost complete :-( . What am I supposed to do once I have them all :?:

There's an infinite number of possibilities presented within the books already printed, so really exploring every nook and cranny of the system as is should take a lifetime, but don't fret. More books will come out, it's only a matter of time..
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

I agree! We are still waiting on The Old Kingdom Lowlands and The Old Kingdom Highlands books promised by Kevin in 1998. Don't get me wrong. I love Palladium Fantasy books, but we realy need some new books soon. I would buy them in a heartbeat. I would also love that people contribute to Rifter with Fantasy content. Then I would buy The Rifter more also :)
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I Love it if Land of Southwinds get a book.
But I hope it thas not stop people from seding Palladium fantasy,s ideas to Rifter.
I like to see people,s view of Land of Sounthwinds,Phi and Lopan.
People can also show ther ideas for the Cities of Western Empire,Timiro,Bizantium,Eastern territory.
Adding ther own spin to them.

Maybe comeing up with a Original just discover islands or a the last Hidden Elf or Dwarves,I think the Palladium world have the Room.

come on People use your Minds.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Here's my 2 cents. Kevin already has in his mind what's there and want he wants to see. Someone
has to "embellish" those ideas (which are hinted in numerous books) and create a book that
"wows" Kevin into saying this book needs to be done now. Otherwise it gets thrown in the
assembly line of things that will get done in do course like LotD3, another Mysteries of Magic book,
or Yin Sloth Jungle 2nd edition with no time table. Almost all the freelancers are working on Rifts
books, and I can't think of anyone who said they are working on anything Fantasy in a while. Still
the point is to embellish what already written there, cause Kevin already knows what should be
there. Work from that angel and we might at some point see a Land of the South Winds book.
there's a hint find an 1st edition Adventure on the High Seas. It shows you on the map two cities
and provides some details about the city. Library of Blethered also provides some clues. And there
have been several references that call LotSW the Land of a Thousand Cults.
MADMANMIKE

MADMANMIKE wrote:

I think both of the direct responses to this were misunderstanding me so I'll clarify; Back in the days Kev would announce a book that someone had pitched to him without seeing their final product, and often (as was the case with these books) the product falls short of expectations; There are seeds for a decent couple of books in those manuscripts, but they were written for 1E and didn't go in the direction Kev was looking for, so in essence, these books have not been written. That's what I was saying..
Majestic
D-Bee
Comment: Keep Calm and Author On

Unread post by Majestic »

Zachary The First wrote:I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Traveller RPG, but they have something called the Foreven Sector, which is a sector of space set aside for Game Master development. It means that nothing canonical will ever take place there, so a GM doesn't have to worry about creating something just have it superseded by something official in a year or two years. Of course, at a GM's table, his word is law, but I know some GMs like to know there's a part of the world they don't have to worry about becoming a major feature or big development on them. Perhaps LSW could serve a similar purpose for Palladium Fantasy? There doesn't seem to be any urgency on the part of Palladium to do much else with it.

So why don't we do this? Perhaps an unofficial "Land of the South Winds" website or "eBook" that has a collaboration of different ideas. There are a half dozen good ideas just in this thread.

If it was big enough and cool enough and intriguing enough, it may spark interest with Kevin. Instead of "Foreven Sector", maybe it should be "Lazlo's Mirage" or something of the kin.
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by arouetta »

Juce734 wrote:If people here would post their own islands or continents we could have an unofficial rest of the globe. That would be a lot of fun. One person who is a good writer could flesh it all out based on ideas people may have for the rest of the world. Maybe someone who knows cartography could map it out and include the original Fantasy part of the world into it.

I think that would be really awesome.

I do have a rough map of the southern hemisphere for my game. I think I may have gotten some of my measurements off, but I could still post it if there's interest.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I have posted some of my stuff in the Kronos God of Time thread and am working on making the realm of Kh'ron a playable setting. If more people posted their homebrew settings on here there would be lots of material for people to adapt into the other lands of the Palladium World.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Majestic wrote:
Zachary The First wrote:I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Traveller RPG, but they have something called the Foreven Sector, which is a sector of space set aside for Game Master development. It means that nothing canonical will ever take place there, so a GM doesn't have to worry about creating something just have it superseded by something official in a year or two years. Of course, at a GM's table, his word is law, but I know some GMs like to know there's a part of the world they don't have to worry about becoming a major feature or big development on them. Perhaps LSW could serve a similar purpose for Palladium Fantasy? There doesn't seem to be any urgency on the part of Palladium to do much else with it.

So why don't we do this? Perhaps an unofficial "Land of the South Winds" website or "eBook" that has a collaboration of different ideas. There are a half dozen good ideas just in this thread.

If it was big enough and cool enough and intriguing enough, it may spark interest with Kevin. Instead of "Foreven Sector", maybe it should be "Lazlo's Mirage" or something of the kin.

Right now I know for a fact that Wayne is looking for good PF short articles for the Rifter.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Majestic
D-Bee
Comment: Keep Calm and Author On

Unread post by Majestic »

arouetta wrote:I do have a rough map of the southern hemisphere for my game. I think I may have gotten some of my measurements off, but I could still post it if there's interest.

Yes, please. That would be great!
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

Well, I know for a fact that they do have not one but two manuscripts for Land of the Southwinds.

The reason I know this is that my friend, known here as Entiago, sent in his manuscript in for it over 8 years ago and received a reply back saying that they liked what he had but that they already had a book for that setting in the works (which was just sitting on a shelf waiting to be finished). Kevin's ex-wife was/is working on it.

So with this knowledge, I'm pretty sure there will be no movement on releasing it. But hell if all they need is some PF stuff for the rifter, why not slowly release that in a few issues. That would be great! It snot like they are going to do anything else with it.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Check Out what Prysus is up to....

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137624
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/upl ... -horse.jpg

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it anymore. I've given up. Screw it. Do I like the setting? 9/10 for what's there. Do I like the system? 6/10, and it drops about .2 every time I look it over again. Do I like the company? 3/10, and the level of apathy just means it doesn't go anywhere anymore. I don't care enough to stop caring.

If KS doesn't care enough to try to keep the setting alive- and let's face it, it's all but dead- then I'm not going to try. I'm at the point where this is an idea source, and a setting source for me now. Period. And with the amount of gaming I do, or lack thereof, it doesn't really matter.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”