Whos laughing now?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Re: Whos laughing now?

Unread post by Danger »

I'm still laughing. :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

bob the desolate one wrote:
Danger wrote:I'm still laughing. :D

He went by the handle "The flopy eared reaper" :clown: theres more chukle fuel for ye

Yet more proof that floopers are the bane of the Megaverse and must be exterminated reguardless of their alignment.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

In one of my many Rifts games, the PC's were in the Barony of Hope, and were hired by a Leprechaun to retrieve his pot of gold. I know I've shared this story once before, but it's still as funny then as it is now.

The Leprechaun took the PC's to the jewellers where he was staying, and led them upstairs to the residence above the shop. He guided them along the hall and opened the bathroom door, to reveal a set of pipes and a big empty space where the commode should be.

"You've got a golden toilet? Your pot of gold is a golden toilet?" None of the PC's could believe it.

The Leprechaun jumped up and down in fury. "Don't go spreading it around, now! That's why I'm payin ye!"

They stopped laughing when they found out a Soul Harvester had stolen it to sacrifice the Leprechaun's soul from afar and fill the local hills with soulless Xombies. They didn't find that funny at all. But that adventure will live forever. Now, granted, it does look pretty ridiculous to have a Harvester and his minions sitting there chanting around a golden toilet, but the PC's really did not like that fight.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

bob the desolate one wrote:
Danger wrote:I'm still laughing. :D

He went by the handle "The flopy eared reaper" :clown: theres more chukle fuel for ye

This keeps getting funnier. :D
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Balabanto wrote:In one of my many Rifts games, the PC's were in the Barony of Hope, and were hired by a Leprechaun to retrieve his pot of gold. I know I've shared this story once before, but it's still as funny then as it is now.

The Leprechaun took the PC's to the jewellers where he was staying, and led them upstairs to the residence above the shop. He guided them along the hall and opened the bathroom door, to reveal a set of pipes and a big empty space where the commode should be.

"You've got a golden toilet? Your pot of gold is a golden toilet?" None of the PC's could believe it.

The Leprechaun jumped up and down in fury. "Don't go spreading it around, now! That's why I'm payin ye!"

They stopped laughing when they found out a Soul Harvester had stolen it to sacrifice the Leprechaun's soul from afar and fill the local hills with soulless Xombies. They didn't find that funny at all. But that adventure will live forever. Now, granted, it does look pretty ridiculous to have a Harvester and his minions sitting there chanting around a golden toilet, but the PC's really did not like that fight.

Holy crap, this is funny. :lol:
Elthbert
Hero

Unread post by Elthbert »

Well I had a PC who played a Superhero who was from the world of HU. He was a Maori fat Elvis impersonator. He wore the sequence suit and talked like him and everything. I made himerole onthe chart for number of powers he got one major and 3 minor I let him pick the major and one minor and made him role the other 2. HE ended up being an 350 lb invulnerable, flying, supernaturally strong, super fast Elvis.

When the Character was introduced most of the rest of the party laughed there asses off. then they saw him in action.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Danger wrote:
Balabanto wrote:In one of my many Rifts games, the PC's were in the Barony of Hope, and were hired by a Leprechaun to retrieve his pot of gold. I know I've shared this story once before, but it's still as funny then as it is now.

Holy crap, this is funny. :lol:

I am loving these stories !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

Elthbert wrote:

HE (Elvis) ended up being an 350 lb

Must have been the new Elvis :-D
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

The guy who just made off with your wallet.
Elthbert
Hero

Unread post by Elthbert »

AdmTolval wrote:Elthbert wrote:

HE (Elvis) ended up being an 350 lb

Must have been the new Elvis :-D

yes he was the REALLY fat Elvis!
dante144
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage"

Unread post by dante144 »

um, what is a flooper?
"Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage" Girls t-shirt at Megacon
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

WB1 d-bee looks like a beach ball with a head, arms, and legs attached. Good reflexes, gymnastic naturals and limited teleport.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I was wondering when the proper forum would come for this! Over a decade ago, I ran a BtS game for friends where a school was hijacked, Columbine style. The major twist is, a supernatural force was behind it, possessing some wannabe assassins, but also hijacking a shipping truck from a toy store. When the characters investigated, they discovered something bizarre, and makes them shudder every time the tale is mentioned...roaming the halls were possessed Pikachu backpacks animated by Tectonic Entities. Some had scissors coming out of their little stuffed paws, but the players didn't care, they fired on it at a distance. Then it blew up, unleashing shrapnel that hurt several of them. They found out that each pack was stuffed with homemade explosives! The party quickly became frightened, eventually dropping an entire row of lockers on one just to ensure it was destroyed and muffle the blast!
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

DtMK wrote:I was wondering when the proper forum would come for this! Over a decade ago, I ran a BtS game for friends where a school was hijacked, Columbine style. The major twist is, a supernatural force was behind it, possessing some wannabe assassins, but also hijacking a shipping truck from a toy store. When the characters investigated, they discovered something bizarre, and makes them shudder every time the tale is mentioned...roaming the halls were possessed Pikachu backpacks animated by Tectonic Entities. Some had scissors coming out of their little stuffed paws, but the players didn't care, they fired on it at a distance. Then it blew up, unleashing shrapnel that hurt several of them. They found out that each pack was stuffed with homemade explosives! The party quickly became frightened, eventually dropping an entire row of lockers on one just to ensure it was destroyed and muffle the blast!

LOL. Awesome. Never underestimate tectonic entities summoned by someone crazy.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

DtMK wrote:I was wondering when the proper forum would come for this! Over a decade ago, I ran a BtS game for friends where a school was hijacked, Columbine style. The major twist is, a supernatural force was behind it, possessing some wannabe assassins, but also hijacking a shipping truck from a toy store. When the characters investigated, they discovered something bizarre, and makes them shudder every time the tale is mentioned...roaming the halls were possessed Pikachu backpacks animated by Tectonic Entities. Some had scissors coming out of their little stuffed paws, but the players didn't care, they fired on it at a distance. Then it blew up, unleashing shrapnel that hurt several of them. They found out that each pack was stuffed with homemade explosives! The party quickly became frightened, eventually dropping an entire row of lockers on one just to ensure it was destroyed and muffle the blast!

"It's Cute, It's Fuzzy, It's Coming Towards Us...Kill It!" has saved many an adventuring party.
After all, you can always buy that kid another kitten...but you can't buy yourself a new life.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Khanibal
Hero

Now selling Restore Life scrolls 400,000cr each or 2 for 1M!
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

taalismn
Priest

Khanibal wrote:Now selling Restore Life scrolls 400,000cr each or 2 for 1M!

Yeah, but how you going to read it when your throat's been bitten out?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

taalismn wrote:

Icto .. Varata .. Nich#@@#$%#...

I said your damn words ..

Now Send me Back ..

:P
Khanibal
Hero

taalismn wrote:

That's why you have a player group!

Balabanto
Champion

NPC's do not have to obey the rules. I don't like it, and in my game I usually make NPC's obey the rules, but he didn't do anything wrong here.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Yeah, it could have been worse. It could have been a Bio-Borg Sea Inquisitor Mega-Flooper Demigod Immortal!
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Sounds awesome.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Retired Juicer wrote:After all the dice land (more than 20d6 doubled) I inflict well over 220 damage to the thing in a single hit (with no house rules or anything). (a stock Nalfeshnee has around 84-116 hitpoints).

Um...20+d6 doubled on a crit.? has to be a house rule or third party souce. I know the spell that you used to auto confirm the crit.( Blessed weapon)....and I know the alot spells that would add D6s to the damage....but they don't get doubled like that...all multplying effects only multply the bas weapon damage dice and damage mod. be it a crit...or spell effect.

Though great story....I am guessing the DM stopped throwing evil outsiders vs the party?
Balabanto
Champion

Hmm. 10th level Paladin. +3 Weapon. +5 STR, Weapon focus, that's +19, charge, auto crit, fullblade, smite evil. You can still kill the Nalfeshnee in one shot. It's just HARD. Evil Outsider Bane and Cold Iron might do it. Hm. That's +21, 3d6x3+60+2d6. It's still possible, just not likely. If he has Charging Smite, then it's 3d6x4+80+2d6 and the creature dies. So it's still possible to do so.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

taalismn wrote:

"It's Cute, It's Fuzzy, It's Coming Towards Us...Kill It!" has saved many an adventuring party.
After all, you can always buy that kid another kitten...but you can't buy yourself a new life.

:lol:
Khanibal
Hero

Retired Juicer wrote:The GM (now shocked): Uh...it flies away...
Me (now shocked): HOW?!?
The GM: ...uh...it has levels in Wizard and stuff...
Me (now laughing my ass off): What like 20?

Ah yes, the everpopular "He flees" defense sub-standard GM's like to whip out every time their favorite villian gets his butt handed to him.

taalismn
Priest

Yeah, but 'fleeing' makes perfect sense.
Many a time have I made use of it, though I've referred to it by other terms: "Tactical Withdrawl', 'Strategic Decampment', 'Hauling A$$'...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

not rifts but a group of high level kobald monks in dnd 3.5.

the pc's never forgot that fight...those that survived.
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

Reminds me of a campaign I once ran. Mind you it was Palladium Fantasy and not Rifts but this part was funny. We had a mix group of different characters that I won't bore you with. They were all about 2nd level when they went on the Arms of Nagastor (probably spelled wrong) adventure. While journeying through the woods, they encountered the faires. One of the girls in the group (yes, we actually had 2 girls rping with us) made friends with a brownie and got him to travel with them thinking that with a brownie in the party, the group would not suffer any bad fairy encounters. The thing is they wanted him to stay with them so he agreed. Between game sessions, I went and actually designed him instead of using the NPC standard stats. It was at this point, I realized something very funny and had to share it with the group, especially the party's wizard. Though faires have a short list of spells they can use and restrictions on them, they can cast those spells at 10th level. Since the wizard was only 2nd level, we all decided to tease him that the brownie was the most powerful mage in the party :lol: So when they needed a powerful wizard, they would always refer back to the brownie as a joke.
taalismn
Priest

Ouch......a Vampire as an Instrument of God?
Yep, check your sanity at the door...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”