Robotech to Rifts?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sakieh
D-Bee

Robotech to Rifts?

Unread post by Sakieh »

I remember way back when the first conversion manuals were out to convert things from all the different Palladium Games to Rifts, there was a section for converting robotech to Rifts. I am wondering, given that anything is possible, is there going to be some sort of formula posted(since I have not gotten Shadow Chronicles yet, but I remember that an old Alpha had LESS armour then a Glittergirl suit..I expect it to be kind of similar still?) or did they make the stats in Shadow Chronicles closer to what something of the same or similar size would be in Rifts?(I ask here..because, well, it is regarding brining those Mecha into Rifts..not bringing a Glitterboy into Robotech...which would be wrong)
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

I'm not much of a RT guy....only watched the first one. But the conversion guide (RCG1) states that Protoculture flowers can be grown as long as they are 100 miles from a ley line. Howver, according to the RCG1, most of the experts who know how to grow protoculture were on the missing SDF-3.

The RCG1 states that mecha can be converted to nuclear/techo-wizardry, but would reduce attacks by 2, dodge bonus by half. (pp 34-36).

Hope this helps some.

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Lord_Dalgard wrote:I'm not much of a RT guy....only watched the first one. But the conversion guide (RCG1) states that Protoculture flowers can be grown as long as they are 100 miles from a ley line. Howver, according to the RCG1, most of the experts who know how to grow protoculture were on the missing SDF-3.

The RCG1 states that mecha can be converted to nuclear/techo-wizardry, but would reduce attacks by 2, dodge bonus by half. (pp 34-36).

thats for the old RT RPG. the FoL thing probably stays the same, but the stats for the mecha have all changed.

i recommend heading over to this thread from a few weeks ago. we cover the issues of using the new RPG's mecha in rifts much more completely.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Sakieh
D-Bee

Unread post by Sakieh »

glitterboy2098 wrote:i recommend heading over to this thread from a few weeks ago. we cover the issues of using the new RPG's mecha in rifts much more completely.

Ah...thank you!

Return to “Rifts®”