New Mexican Rifle

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

New Mexican Rifle

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Well the Mexican Government now has a new home built Assault Rifle. To those of us who play Recon this mean's that we have a new weapon for the hands of Narco-Terrorists. So far I have heard little about it from Espartaco( a legal gun owner in Mexico) who posted what he knew Here.

So we have a G-36 knockoff from a highly corrupt government, that is known to be Narco-Terrorist friendly. Does anyone else have any plot ideas?
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

Looks like the SIG that I've been looking to buy.
http://www.sigarms.com/Products/ShowCat ... ductid=114

Personally, I prefer a 308 round.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Rockwolf66
Hero

GhostKnight wrote:Looks like the SIG that I've been looking to buy.

I prefer a .30+ calliber round myself. I am rather out of practice shooting but my personal standard for a .308 semi-auto is fireing 40 rounds a minute, at a 10cm diameter target, at 100m without missing( 60 rounds for a 5.56)

Unfortunantly, that New Mexican Rifle is a G-36 knock-off, you can really see the lines in the thrid photo. Then again there is a good chance that you will start finding them in the US soon.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Rockwolf66 wrote:
GhostKnight wrote:Looks like the SIG that I've been looking to buy.

I prefer a .30+ calliber round myself. I am rather out of practice shooting but my personal standard for a .308 semi-auto is fireing 40 rounds a minute, at a 10cm diameter target, at 100m without missing( 60 rounds for a 5.56)

Unfortunantly, that New Mexican Rifle is a G-36 knock-off, you can really see the lines in the thrid photo. Then again there is a good chance that you will start finding them in the US soon.

That's approximately a well aimed shot evry 1.5 seconds not counting reloading.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Rockwolf66
Hero

GreenGhost wrote:That's approximately a well aimed shot evry 1.5 seconds not counting reloading.

Yup, and it is quite possible to do. It takes alot of practice at first, untill you build up your speed. The rate of fire origionally comes from the US military sources, the target diameter and distance are the only tough part.

You could try the late Jeff Cooper's Apollo chalange of 20 rounds in 20 seconds into a 20 inch diameter circle at 1,000 yards. A while ago a custom AR-15 maker beat the challange. the details are here

Back to the new Mexican Assault Rifle, hopefully we will have first hand details in about a week.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Rockwolf66 wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:That's approximately a well aimed shot evry 1.5 seconds not counting reloading.

Yup, and it is quite possible to do. It takes alot of practice at first, untill you build up your speed. The rate of fire origionally comes from the US military sources, the target diameter and distance are the only tough part.

You could try the late Jeff Cooper's Apollo chalange of 20 rounds in 20 seconds into a 20 inch diameter circle at 1,000 yards. A while ago a custom AR-15 maker beat the challange. the details are here

Back to the new Mexican Assault Rifle, hopefully we will have first hand details in about a week.

Possible, but extremely rare. No offense meant by that. I'm a pretty good shot (not as good as I was when I was enlisted), but still see it as extremely unlikely to squeeze off that many rounds in so little time. 1.5 seconds goes by quickly alone- not counting reloading. :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Rockwolf66
Hero

GreenGhost wrote:Possible, but extremely rare. No offense meant by that. I'm a pretty good shot (not as good as I was when I was enlisted), but still see it as extremely unlikely to squeeze off that many rounds in so little time. 1.5 seconds goes by quickly alone- not counting reloading. :)

Well I have made a mistake( Blame it on having three College assignments due shortly), it's an eight inch( 20cm) target. Sorry about that, I do have to say that it is a rapid fire drill.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”