Anyone heard from Palladium?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

übermensch
D-Bee
Comment: Your not as think as you smart you are.

Anyone heard from Palladium?

Unread post by übermensch »

I submitted my exchange request for Wave 2 value but have not heard anything. Has anyone received a response?
Akashic Soldier wrote:I'm sorry über.
TigerBunny76
D-Bee

Re: Anyone heard from Palladium?

Unread post by TigerBunny76 »

I submitted a request right away and I have head nothing.
übermensch
D-Bee

I have concerns that they’ll only be able to get through a fraction of the requests. Even accounting for the folks that will only demand a refund there are probably still hundreds of requests for exchanges. It’s like doing all of the Xmas Surprise packages in 3 weeks. Plus they are trying to prepare for the open house.

What a mess.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i was one of the first to respond.. i got a message a few days ago requesting i fix my list (it had been sent in before some of the clarifications got made), i haven't heard back yet on my shipping yet though.

but considering how many thousands of messages they have to sort through, you have to figure it might be a bit slow. it isn't like they have hundreds of employees to process them.. just six guys and a warehouse.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Can I ask what needed clarification?

I am interested because everyone seems to be interpreting the offer in different ways.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

As the remaining stock has to be destroyed, I do not know why the backers are being charged full price for their exchanges, especially stuff like PDFs which at this point, should be gifted to the backers as a small token of goodwill. The refund offer doesn't make sense in that Wave 2 product is deeply undervalued and we are being asked to both pay (exchange) high prices for Wave 1 stuff and pay high shipping charges.
übermensch
D-Bee

My request wasn’t completely straight forward. I’m not interested in more RRT game pieces. I have not touched the dozens I have already received. Even though it seems like gouging to charge what seems like print retail prices for the Robotech PDFs, the sum total for all the PDFs is still just a fraction of my Wave 2 value. I asked for credit on PDFs from other Megaversal lines.

I’ll let everyone know if I hear anything.
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

übermensch wrote:My request wasn’t completely straight forward. I’m not interested in more RRT game pieces. I have not touched the dozens I have already received. Even though it seems like gouging to charge what seems like print retail prices for the Robotech PDFs, the sum total for all the PDFs is still just a fraction of my Wave 2 value. I asked for credit on PDFs from other Megaversal lines.

Good luck. While it's probably the right thing for PB to do, I'm not sure they actually will.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

übermensch
D-Bee

Myrrhibis wrote:
übermensch wrote:My request wasn’t completely straight forward. I’m not interested in more RRT game pieces. I have not touched the dozens I have already received. Even though it seems like gouging to charge what seems like print retail prices for the Robotech PDFs, the sum total for all the PDFs is still just a fraction of my Wave 2 value. I asked for credit on PDFs from other Megaversal lines.

Good luck. While it's probably the right thing for PB to do, I'm not sure they actually will.

My expectations are appropriately tempered :-)

I asked them to go ahead and provide the Robotech PDFs in my original message but I still have not seen them show up in my Drivethru account. No response to my Kickstarter message at all.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

übermensch wrote:I submitted my exchange request for Wave 2 value but have not heard anything. Has anyone received a response?

Call phone at 734-721-2903 and provide us with your credit card info*

* Full name as it reads on the credit card.
* Credit card number.
* Expiration date.
* Three digit security code on the back of the credit card.
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
übermensch
D-Bee

Still no word from Palladium for my exchange. I figure I will call them next week.

Has anyone heard from them? Some folks have posted in the Kickstarter comments that they’ve already received their replacement orders.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

übermensch wrote:Still no word from Palladium for my exchange. I figure I will call them next week.

Has anyone heard from them? Some folks have posted in the Kickstarter comments that they’ve already received their replacement orders.

I'd probably advise not waiting that long, or at least make sure it's Monday or Tuesday. There seems to be two dates relevant, the 20th and the 31st, and it's unclear if the former is as hard and fast as the latter.

If you're wanting to take up the trade, you don't want to be denied due to missing a deadline.
übermensch
D-Bee

Morgan Vening wrote:
übermensch wrote:Still no word from Palladium for my exchange. I figure I will call them next week.

I'd probably advise not waiting that long, or at least make sure it's Monday or Tuesday. There seems to be two dates relevant, the 20th and the 31st, and it's unclear if the former is as hard and fast as the latter.

If you're wanting to take up the trade, you don't want to be denied due to missing a deadline.

I don’t want any physical product, just PDFs. But yes, absolutely, if I was trying to get something that needed to be shipped I would have called them before now.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

I recently had a response on Kickstarter, and am waiting on a follow-up email with the shipping cost once picked/packed.
Timing-wise, my selection message to them went out the morning following the news breaking, so I'm probably on the tailend of that wave of responses.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Got the reply I expected , no cash refunds at all.

I have rejected it pointing out that monies raised from retail goods in the past three years and those that will be made shortly in the fireslae are in fact backer monies, as we paid for the goods on sale. As such these monies are directly refundable to us and are not proper to Palladium Books.

It is sad and infuriating at the sam etime that after effectively lying about progress for three plus years, we are being fobbed of with what essentially they woul dnow have to destroy while they made no provision in that time for actual monetary refunds - sadly as seen by the project itself planning is not a PB fotre.
übermensch
D-Bee

I got a reply!

As suspected, it was not possible to apply any credit to non-Robotech items. I’ll reply back when the Robotech PDFs show up.

BTW, I sent my initial message March 2nd. I made no phone calls or additional contact attempts. I received my reply today, March 21st.
silvermoon383
Wanderer

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

Yeah, response time was a bit slow, but if their message and phone boxes have been like the KS message stream then it’s understandable at how slammed they had to have gotten. I got my first reply from my request back on the 2nd early this week, and got the package ready follow up today.
übermensch
D-Bee

I still have not heard anything or received any coupons for PDFs. The latest Kickstarter updates say they will be fulfilling wave 2 exchanges in April, but they don’t specifically mention anything about PDF requests being fillable after Drivethru removes the files at the end of March.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Not to promote piracy by any means, but given that the pdfs are... pdfs, I imagine PB probably has copies of them that they could email over or some other arrangement, even past the point that DTRPG has them up?

Doesn't seem like it'd be any different than fulfilling physical orders past the 'loss of license' date.
übermensch
D-Bee

Forar wrote:Not to promote piracy by any means, but given that the pdfs are... pdfs, I imagine PB probably has copies of them that they could email over or some other arrangement, even past the point that DTRPG has them up?

Doesn't seem like it'd be any different than fulfilling physical orders past the 'loss of license' date.

It would be hilarious to get a PDF with Kevin’s or Alex’s watermark.

Drivethru can probably continue to host the files after Palladium removes them from public availability.

I’ve read in the Kickstarter comments that Palladium is including a rider in the physical orders that says (paraphrasing), “taking the exchange nullifies any future claims against Palladium for refunds or other damages.” I wonder if they can’t figure out how to include the rider for digital-only exchanges.

4/4 Edit: I’ve heard back from Palladium and there doesn’t seem to be any issue providing the PDFs. They want another confirmation that is the only exchange I want.
Fat_Ninja
D-Bee
Comment: Quando omni flunkus moritati

Unread post by Fat_Ninja »

übermensch wrote:
4/4 Edit: I’ve heard back from Palladium and there doesn’t seem to be any issue providing the PDFs. They want another confirmation that is the only exchange I want.

That is good news. I had hoped to play RRT with my son, and since that's not a possibility now, I wanted him to have the .pdfs

Or my money back.
Save the taxpayer, save the world.
Darling... I don't have to answer to you. I'm Batman!
MIAFI! DIARC! KCSGWIH!
Talmonis wrote:I'll make this all easier and end it here. Repeat after me: "Tal is just a dirty commie who wants to take our guns away".
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

übermensch wrote:Drivethru can probably continue to host the files after Palladium removes them from public availability.

They do. The RTT freebies I grabbed before they were taken down are still available through my collection page. As are the 1st ed books I got.
Though i've backed them up to my google drive and my Dropbox, as well as my hard drive, just in case.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
übermensch
D-Bee

Just got an email from Palladium telling me I will get a separate email telling me how to get the PDFs.

4/11 edit: I just received another email from Palladium explaining they have a batch process where they wait for several users that need PDFs to be fulfilled and they get processed by DriveThru all at once. It could still be a little while before the email from DriveThru with my zero-cost download links is sent. No ETA.
übermensch
D-Bee

Sorry for the double post but I figured this warranted more than an edit.

I received the email from DriveThru last night for my zero-cost PDF downloads. My journey with the RRT Kickstarter has finally come to an end.

To recap: I sent my initial request March 2nd.
I received my first reply from Palladium on March 21st.
After a couple more exchanges confirming my choices, the PDFs were available to download April 12th.

Best wishes to everyone still awaiting their exchange products or word from Palladium.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”