Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech RPG Tactics™

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Dungeon Crawler

First of all my thanks to Scott for not only providing updates for the RTT KS community but keeping to his word about these being regular. This is refreshing , as it is welcome. sadly the updates themselves although written more profesiionally cannot hide the truth Wave 2 is unlikley to be completed this year and if it is mid 2018, as a UK backer will likely only just see it just beforethat years end.

However these updates do mean that there are some rather damning questions to be answered by the Palladium management team in respect of what they had been doing to complete this project.

Wave One was produced in mid 2013 and the indications were that wave 2 would be following shortly. The reason for the split given by PB themselves was to get some product into the hands of backers rather thn wait until everything was done. The clear suggestion here was that a manufacturer had been paid, factorytime made available and so 2014 would see this completed.......

What happenned, if everything was set up why did it not happen, noone at PB has ever explained this?

Next after another long empty year, distinct rumbles of displeasure were being voiced on the KS Comments and accusations (often very vitriolic) were being posted against PB. The response in update 186, in black and white from Kevin himself was that there was no need to worry as all of wave two was in China being tooled and engineered.

Again what happenned, either this was a blatant lie by Kevin or there were serious issues, presumably costing PB a chunk of KS funding?

We move through 2015 and then at the end of 2016 we are told yet again not to worry because PB are actively sourcing quotes from manufacturers.

Sidle forward six months and still nothing, but Scott says there are promising leads. Alas these come to nothing and 2017 is a washout - to be fair at least Scott told us.

At this point it seems only fair that someone at Palladium sits down and details exactly what happennd between the manufacture of WAve One (2013) and mid 2017 - we sort of know what is currently going on. If nothing else it go a long way to stifling some of the wilder speculation about the financial standing of this project and might even garner some support - if it is honest and avoids scapegoating.

Is there anyone at Palladium who is prepared to stand up, put their hand in the air and take the blame for the excessive delay in fulfilling the enthusiastic promises of 2012?

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:
First of all my thanks to Scott for not only providing updates for the RTT KS community but keeping to his word about these being regular. This is refreshing , as it is welcome. sadly the updates themselves although written more profesiionally cannot hide the truth Wave 2 is unlikley to be completed this year and if it is mid 2018, as a UK backer will likely only just see it just beforethat years end.

However these updates do mean that there are some rather damning questions to be answered by the Palladium management team in respect of what they had been doing to complete this project.

Wave One was produced in mid 2013 and the indications were that wave 2 would be following shortly. The reason for the split given by PB themselves was to get some product into the hands of backers rather thn wait until everything was done. The clear suggestion here was that a manufacturer had been paid, factorytime made available and so 2014 would see this completed.......

What happenned, if everything was set up why did it not happen, noone at PB has ever explained this?

Next after another long empty year, distinct rumbles of displeasure were being voiced on the KS Comments and accusations (often very vitriolic) were being posted against PB. The response in update 186, in black and white from Kevin himself was that there was no need to worry as all of wave two was in China being tooled and engineered.

Again what happenned, either this was a blatant lie by Kevin or there were serious issues, presumably costing PB a chunk of KS funding?

We move through 2015 and then at the end of 2016 we are told yet again not to worry because PB are actively sourcing quotes from manufacturers.

Sidle forward six months and still nothing, but Scott says there are promising leads. Alas these come to nothing and 2017 is a washout - to be fair at least Scott told us.

At this point it seems only fair that someone at Palladium sits down and details exactly what happennd between the manufacture of WAve One (2013) and mid 2017 - we sort of know what is currently going on. If nothing else it go a long way to stifling some of the wilder speculation about the financial standing of this project and might even garner some support - if it is honest and avoids scapegoating.

Is there anyone at Palladium who is prepared to stand up, put their hand in the air and take the blame for the excessive delay in fulfilling the enthusiastic promises of 2012?

I'm all for that. And I'll be honest here also. I'm REALLY tempted to ask that question at the next OH. I also won't be surprised if several people are thinking the some thing. If they made a mistake, they should just say so. BTW, I was one of that last people that defended them on this issue. But even I gave up on it.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Wanderer

It would be nice for someone at Palladium Books to state the obvious and admit they mishandled this project. Own up to it and publically apologize.

If that ever happens I'd be surprised. And even if they did, all that would follow that statement would be more questions as to the how they mishandled the project... People would ask for specifics... Which they'll never answer. And so there are good reasons from a business standpoint, to remain mute on the topic. It would stir a pot on something which is already overcooked. (or boiling?)

What's clear is that the company is willing to put the hand out for money to fund this project, but not interested in being transparent to the folks that put their money up. That's their choice, and from here on out people need to decide if that behavior is acceptable... To give the company the business or not.

I avoided this trainwreck cause my experience with this company suggested they wouldn't be able (my opinion) to handle the level of transparency that I like with KS projects I back. But, I couldn't convince all my friends to not back and so some of them are rightfully ticked... Most have moved on. But these guys were staunch purchasers of Palladium Books products and (as far as I know) have either written off the company completely... or in the least refuse to purchase anything with their name on it until they get there wave two rewards...

When a company does a Kickstarter and mismanages it, its up to each individual to decide to give this company any further business.

You may not guess it, but I love and route for this company but this time they have made a big mistake with the handling of this project.

Scott works for Palladium and admits that he has to earn (the backers) your trust... Then updates it with one render... When Palladium has stated repeatedly that all are done... Way to earn that trust... I guess at least they'll have something to stretch out until... forever... They should Title this game Kickstarter Failure Tactics... In my opinion that'd be closer to the truth.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:41 am

Dungeon Crawler

One point to be made is that the RTT kickstater was pushed as Ninja division handling the miniatures , rules and generally getting on with the job while Palladium effectively took a back seat.

This was a big deciding factor for people to take the plunge - as well as nostalgia - and invesy a lot in this project, notwithstanding their inate mistrust of Palladium keeping to a schedule.

Indeed if you look at most if not all of the promotional vids etc they are fronted by John candice and nor kevin or Waynes.

Deleyed though it was Wave One was completed, but then it seems Ninja Div, moved on for reasons that will lilely never be fully disclosed and Palladium took over. It is from that point onwards that the slide into the mess we havenow began.

Sadly the only discernable effort infinishing this, has been in avoiding the hard decisions. Therefore this being so, the lazy defence of "oh it's PB, you should have known it would take years" is is very flimsy and cannot excuse what has amounted to farcical mismanagement.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Dungeon Crawler

wilycoyote wrote:
Deleyed though it was Wave One was completed, but then it seems Ninja Div, moved on for reasons that will lilely never be fully disclosed and Palladium took over. It is from that point onwards that the slide into the mess we havenow began.

Sadly the only discernable effort infinishing this, has been in avoiding the hard decisions. Therefore this being so, the lazy defence of "oh it's PB, you should have known it would take years" is is very flimsy and cannot excuse what has amounted to farcical mismanagement.

Yeah, that excuse rings hollow when you have Kevin saying in an interview published DURING the funding, that it'd be Ninja Division doing all the heavy lifting.

Quote:
Siembieda: Palladium Books is the license holder, publisher, and design partner. We provide creative input, suggestions, and make all the final approvals. Palladium's team is also contributing to the writing and editing of the rule book, but it is Ninja Division in the trenches making it all come to life: sculpts, art, packaging, rules development, playtesting, etc.

From the start I gave Ninja Division the lead in the creative design and development of Robotech RPG Tactics. Ninja Division's people are doing all the sculpts, artwork, and most of the development for this product. They have also designed and managed the Kickstarter. Ninja Division will also be managing the manufacturing for us.

Now it's clear things have changed. But we don't why, and expecting that to have happened, to have "should have known", is asking a bit much of people's foresight.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Palladin

Morgan Vening wrote:
wilycoyote wrote:

Yeah, that excuse rings hollow when you have Kevin saying in an interview published DURING the funding, that it'd be Ninja Division doing all the heavy lifting.

Quote:
Siembieda: Palladium Books is the license holder, publisher, and design partner. We provide creative input, suggestions, and make all the final approvals. Palladium's team is also contributing to the writing and editing of the rule book, but it is Ninja Division in the trenches making it all come to life: sculpts, art, packaging, rules development, playtesting, etc.

From the start I gave Ninja Division the lead in the creative design and development of Robotech RPG Tactics. Ninja Division's people are doing all the sculpts, artwork, and most of the development for this product. They have also designed and managed the Kickstarter. Ninja Division will also be managing the manufacturing for us.

Now it's clear things have changed. But we don't why, and expecting that to have happened, to have "should have known", is asking a bit much of people's foresight.

Ya, I wonder what happen? I just got the feeling it might have been bad.