Open House Tournament: 300 points?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Open House Tournament: 300 points?

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

If we have one at the OH, I want it be the full 300 points, in that we all should be good enough now to do the game at a descent pace. And please keep things civil. If you say no because of wave 2, then fine, just keep it at that and not go any further.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Open House Tournament: 300 points?

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Alpha 11 wrote:If we have one at the OH, I want it be the full 300 points, in that we all should be good enough now to do the game at a descent pace. And please keep things civil. If you say no because of wave 2, then fine, just keep it at that and not go any further.

Definitely a good idea to have the tourney at 300pts. The problem is time devotion. IIRC the last one basically ran the entire day, putting a stress on doing other things at the Open House. And sadly, you may need to plan for a shortened tourney if interest isn't there. GenCon registration has been going on for six weeks, with only four more to go, and yet neither tourney has achieved the minimum 4 participants, let alone come close to filling the 12 slots available.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Open House Tournament: 300 points?

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Morgan Vening wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:If we have one at the OH, I want it be the full 300 points, in that we all should be good enough now to do the game at a descent pace. And please keep things civil. If you say no because of wave 2, then fine, just keep it at that and not go any further.

Definitely a good idea to have the tourney at 300pts. The problem is time devotion. IIRC the last one basically ran the entire day, putting a stress on doing other things at the Open House. And sadly, you may need to plan for a shortened tourney if interest isn't there. GenCon registration has been going on for six weeks, with only four more to go, and yet neither tourney has achieved the minimum 4 participants, let alone come close to filling the 12 slots available.

Well, I for one am more expericed, and others also, so it should make things go faster. We could also split it up between the days maybe, to make things more easier, and lastly, to see if anyone is interested, they can ask in the weekly updates. If they get enough, then we do it. If not, then we don't. I'll still bring my stuff with me, and I'm sure some others will as well, even if its a no go, and we can still play a game or 2.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”