New Custom Special Character Cards

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CaptKaruthors
Explorer

New Custom Special Character Cards

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

I have created 3 new Special Character cards for Robotech RPG Tactics. There is one for each faction with more to follow once I get some more free time. They are as follows:

Zentraedi Faction - Geraro
Malcontent Faction - Khyron the Destroyer
UEDF Faction - Jack Archer

Geraro was a character that appeared several times in the show. I wanted to make a card of him to add more strategic play options for the Zentraedi. For Khyron, I wanted to make a unique Malcontent version of him that represents his diminished sanity, yet make him powerful enough to be considered feared among his troops and the UEDF. For the UEDF, Jack Archer is the main character from the Robotech: Battlecry Video game that game out several years ago. The character's background was fairly well developed, the story in the game was good, and I thought people would who remember that game would enjoy using him as a playable character for Robotech RPG Tactics. Attached is the link to download them. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgj4zw8uj3sf ... y-LUa?dl=0

Feel free to try them out and let me know what you think. Thanks!
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Re: New Custom Special Character Cards

Unread post by jedi078 »

Cool concepts. Thanks for sharing!

One question tho, shouldn't Jack Archer have access to the VF-1R?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Did he fly one in the game? I only recall him flying a VF-1A in the game. My memory is foggy. If that is true, I can always update the card.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

CaptKaruthors wrote:Did he fly one in the game? I only recall him flying a VF-1A in the game. My memory is foggy. If that is true, I can always update the card.

He flies every type in the game. But both Jack Archer and Izzy from the video game have their paint schemes featured as VF-1R's in the rule book.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

I'll update his card then. Yeah, I haven't played that game in ages (like 10 years)...and forgot. Thanks for the feedback! I'll update his card tonight and repost it. Stay tuned.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

This is really cool! Thanks for the card! Can we get an Izzy one?
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Alpha 11 wrote:This is really cool! Thanks for the card! Can we get an Izzy one?

I second that......although I'm really not sure what kind of abilities she should have.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Ok, I have fixed the VF-1R issue with Jack's card. I have also updated the game text of his Dead Eye Shot ability to be more clear. This was based on feedback from players testing the cards. Here is the updated drop box link incase the other one is expired.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgj4zw8uj3sf ... y-LUa?dl=0

I have plans to do an Izzy card. It is being worked on as well as some others. Stay tuned. Now if only we can get these made into official cards. :) Thanks for the interest in them. I will continue to make things like this if there is significant interest. This game is awesome and adding a depth of cool special characters (even different personas of the same character i.e. Khyron) can really add a lot to the game. I allows someone to build a force around certain characters and the benefits they bring. It's all about variety.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

CaptKaruthors wrote:Ok, I have fixed the VF-1R issue with Jack's card. I have also updated the game text of his Dead Eye Shot ability to be more clear. This was based on feedback from players testing the cards. Here is the updated drop box link incase the other one is expired.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgj4zw8uj3sf ... y-LUa?dl=0

I have plans to do an Izzy card. It is being worked on as well as some others. Stay tuned. Now if only we can get these made into official cards. :) Thanks for the interest in them. I will continue to make things like this if there is significant interest. This game is awesome and adding a depth of cool special characters (even different personas of the same character i.e. Khyron) can really add a lot to the game. I allows someone to build a force around certain characters and the benefits they bring. It's all about variety.

You could always drop them a line and ask. This would be a good way to help keep the game going while we wait for wave 2. *Sigh* :( Palladium! Please give a real update soon! :-(

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”