Marking units

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Marking units

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Just wandering what the best way to mark units. What can I use? Like a Microsoft program? Something online I can us? Example: a Tomahawk squad (4 mecha), T-1, T-2, T-3, T-4, etc. ( Yes, putting on the mini.)
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Re: Marking units

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

I've seen people mark the back of their base (that raised tab) with numbers, symbols, or names. They usually will paint that tab in white and write with a micron/ sharpie the numbers/ names, etc. I've seen some people use a label maker and put that on the center of the base. In that case they kept the base black and didn't decorate it. Hope that helps.
Alpha 11
Palladin

CaptKaruthors wrote:I've seen people mark the back of their base (that raised tab) with numbers, symbols, or names. They usually will paint that tab in white and write with a micron/ sharpie the numbers/ names, etc. I've seen some people use a label maker and put that on the center of the base. In that case they kept the base black and didn't decorate it. Hope that helps.

Thanks! It will at least get me started.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Also, if you're wanting decals to actually mark the individual models, and the RDF or Zentradi aren't sufficient, Fighting Pirannha Graphics should have something suitable. They're not the most punctual of companies (but as a PB fan, you should be used to that *zing!*), but they usually do pretty good work.

Obviously, the base markings Captain Katuthors mentioned makes it much easier to change designations (if you want to reshape your force orgs), should you prefer a more fluid army building approach, but if you're more set in your detachments, the decal thing will work just as well.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Morgan Vening wrote:Also, if you're wanting decals to actually mark the individual models, and the RDF or Zentradi aren't sufficient, Fighting Pirannha Graphics should have something suitable. They're not the most punctual of companies (but as a PB fan, you should be used to that *zing!*), but they usually do pretty good work.

Obviously, the base markings Captain Katuthors mentioned makes it much easier to change designations (if you want to reshape your force orgs), should you prefer a more fluid army building approach, but if you're more set in your detachments, the decal thing will work just as well.

:D More thanks!
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Alpha,

One idea I have been playing around with is creating a curved title using Wordart (or similar) with a squadron name and number - I plan to name the leaders. I use a suitable background colour and add insignia as needed.

As I am using minimal texturing on the base, so this is glued onto the front edge. A friend did suggest that if this was varnished it migt be able to use it to record damage with a little amendment - keeping it simple for now.

I have seen some lovely minis and the base is the UEDF/Zent logo and it is from here I pinched the idea,
Last edited by wilycoyote on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha 11
Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:Alpha,

One idea I have been playing around with is creating a curved title using Wordart (or similar) with a squadron name and number - I plan to name the leaders. I use a suitable background colour and add insignia as eeded.

As I am using minimal texturing on the base, this is glued onto the front edge. A friend did suggest that if this was varnished it migt be able to use it to record damage with a little amendment - keeping it simple for now.

I have seen some lovely minis and the base is the UEDF?Zent logo and it is from here I pinched the idea,

Cool, and thanks!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”