Max and Miria promo figs

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Max and Miria promo figs

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Hi all.

I have both Max and Miriya's promotional figures... metal, complete, and unopened in their original blister packs. I'm honestly never going to do anything with them, and was wondering how much they might fetch to someone who would give them a good home.

PM me if your interested.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Max and Miria promo figs

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Braden Campbell wrote:Hi all.

I have both Max and Miriya's promotional figures... metal, complete, and unopened in their original blister packs. I'm honestly never going to do anything with them, and was wondering how much they might fetch to someone who would give them a good home.

PM me if your interested.

Normally, you'ld probably expect to get a decent premium on them, I saw consistency in the $30-$40 range each, mostly. Straight after GenCon 2013, they fetched significantly more, but when it was known that they were going to be available at other conventions and through Christmas Grab Bags and the like, it dropped off a fair bit more.

Of course, if the unsubstantiated rumors are confirmed, and they open it up for backers, any premium is going to be pretty much zero'd out.

EDIT: And that's not taking into account that the Battlecry Wave 2 is also supposed to include a plastic Miriya (with removable cockpit!), which will drive costs down even further.
Last edited by Morgan Vening on Fri May 22, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stocktigon
D-Bee

Unread post by Stocktigon »

Sent you PM.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Agreeing with Morgan, a glance at Ebay shows them for seeming to sell around 2-3x their original value ($25 at conventions? I'm seeing some sales in the last few months in the $50-75 range), but if the backers are indeed going to get access to those figures (as in, we can pay for them) the market will probably tank a little, and if they're being given to us as an olive branch at no additional cost (the 'rumour' isn't clear about whether or not we'll be 'given' them or simply get an option to buy, something we asked for nearly two years ago before Gencon 2013) it'll take even harder when the market sees 5k+ (for each backer? Each Battle Cry?) get out there.

At that point I'd probably be better to tuck them away for a while and let things settle again. If the game has lasting appeal, eventually the demand will start to outstrip the supply again, even with some more trickling out through conventions.

Either way best of luck.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”