Awesome news

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Awesome news

Unread post by Kryptt »

I can't wait for the book with the advanced rrt rules to come out. So it seems like PB is dead set on getting other projects done for rrt but wave two. I sincerely hope that PB isn't low on funds that there trying to get money from other projects to finish wave two. I know Kevin and crew want to please all their backers and want to deliver wave two to all their backers. It just seems like the funding is pretty low now.

I'm still excited about wave two and getting the conventional vehicles out, but I don't want to see backer fulfillment sacrificed. If PB is low on funds then we should be told. Game on all you crazy guys and gals.
Jerell
Hero

Re: Awesome news

Unread post by Jerell »

I'm looking more forward to getting my YF-4s than anything. The battleloids especially look like they'll be fun for me to paint.
Last edited by Jerell on Fri May 22, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

The monster and the yf-4 is what I'm looking forward to the most. With how Mike was able to take the rpg stats and convert them to rrt. I'm hoping he'll be able to convert the yf-4 rrt stats into rpg stats. On a side note I'm currently playing in a PbP game of Robotech and I lost my VF-4 so I'm currently piloting a vf-1J.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Kryptt wrote:I'm hoping he'll be able to convert the yf-4 rrt stats into rpg stats.

That needs to happen.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

It's good news for those who wanted the GC exclusives. I don't know if I'll buy the others until I see what they look like except the gerwalk model I can just paint a plastic one in Miria's colors. That one kinda seems redundant. I do wish they had gone into detail about what's being done with wave two. It's being worked doesn't say much. I'm not to confident in buying more rrt stuff for now until wave two gets delivered. They have a lot on their plate and I'd hate to see their wave two focus go somewhere else. All in all I'm glad Wayne gave a quick update.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Grell male power armor could be cool. I always liked Khyron and Grell as protagonist, and the Zentraedi power armors are just cool.
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

I think I'm going to pass on all of the figures, the rulebook is a huge maybe. Not happy having to drop cash on the new book so soon. If pb wasn't happy with the book they approved after re-writing why was it approved and printed?
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

No idea, unless it was just caving to pressure from rabid backers to get it out. That does not seem likely.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I feel like they should hold off on the book and instead do a major FAQ. I'm not happy about having to spend more money on a book that fixes the game. That should have been handled long before the game was ever released. Instead of having the paint guide, that space could have been used for extra rules. I'm still confused how they can be upset about the rules when PB was the one who was in charge of proof reading it.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Yes. IMO, I think they put out the version they meant to at the time. Oh course better ways of doing it would become apparent after lots of people started playing games, it seems it usually does anyway.
palladiumjunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by palladiumjunkie »

Jerell wrote:Yes. IMO, I think they put out the version they meant to at the time. Oh course better ways of doing it would become apparent after lots of people started playing games, it seems it usually does anyway.

Thus the move that we have seen toward larger beta test groups, at least with some RPG's. I admit to not knowing a whole lot about the world of miniature gaming, though, so that may not be the case in that arena.

-Chris
"Quality takes time. Poop comes out multiple times a year." -MrNexx

"Choosing to house-rule in order to customize the game to your liking can be a beautiful thing.
But being forced to house-rule in order to make the game playable at all is not." - Killer Cyborg
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Whenever a new game comes out into the wild the rules get stretched to the max by the gaming community to find the loop holes WAC players can exploit. So no surprise it happened with rrt. Even before wave one was manufactured I tried out the rules released in one of the updates two years ago. For the most part it was fun. The LOS rules felt counter intuitive but for a skirmish game most of the rules were fine for the most part. When I noticed no one was listening to backer feedback is when I stopped testing them. I figured I'll just wait till I get the end product.
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

So when are the new convention exclusives going to start? Which conventions are they going to be at? That info would be helpful.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

CaptKaruthors wrote:So when are the new convention exclusives going to start? Which conventions are they going to be at? That info would be helpful.
These will be for Gen Con 2015
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

The information from the latest update was interesting. It would have been better if that info came out last year. The only thing not answered by the update was the status of wave two.LoL
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

All we got out of that mega awesome 3 month build up update is

A history lesson
A sales pitch
A December 2015 release that may change
Ghq does conventional vehicles

Guess what we knew before the update

All listed above

What I know backers would have loved to see

Which figures are still in the 3d render stage
Which figures are approved to go to sprue lay out
What possible break downs are looking like
Which figures are having molds cut
Which ones are ready for test sprues

That said I might make one more post somewhere and go back to lurking in the shadows for a bit
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Note that the "rabid backers" had been asking for a pdf of the rules a long long time ago and it was supposed to be stopped because of copyright/IP issues over images. A lot of companies at least make alpha/beta copies of the rules available to backers and given PB admission they are not experienced mini gamers, a lot of potential free playtesting could have been done prior to go to print.

That said there were some game tutorials that did throw up a lot of discussion over things like LOS and cover. If you want people engaged then get them involved, it is not hard and it might have saved a lot of later grief.

It would be nice tif PB get their act together quickly over the rulesets (and supplying pnp files for standees of all the mecha - free to backers , reasonable price to retail?).

Overall, this was hardly awesome news, given the lack of conccrete evodence of progress on wave 2 and no mention at all of the resins
Last edited by wilycoyote on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I'd sincerely hoped we'd get tangible *news* about the status of the RRT Kickstarter, which means Wave Two.

What we got was a history lesson and bits about Limited Edition figures and... non-Wave Two stuff.

So that clock keeps on ticking; 99 days since we last got tangible information about Wave Two's status (the February 28th update).
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I notice as soon it got negative this thread got moved. Interesting
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Kryptt wrote:I notice as soon it got negative this thread got moved. Interesting

Of course....
I don't see much movement on positive threads in this or the RT RPG thread.....
...but doom and gloom? +postcount city!
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

rosco60559 wrote:All we got out of that mega awesome 3 month build up update is

A history lesson
A sales pitch
A December 2015 release that may change
Ghq does conventional vehicles

Guess what we knew before the update

All listed above

What I know backers would have loved to see

Which figures are still in the 3d render stage
Which figures are approved to go to sprue lay out
What possible break downs are looking like
Which figures are having molds cut
Which ones are ready for test sprues

That said I might make one more post somewhere and go back to lurking in the shadows for a bit

Agreed.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”