Kickstarter Updates?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Kickstarter Updates?

Unread post by LtPebbles »

Does anyone know when the next KS update will happen?

It's been almost two months since the last one. I'd like to know what is going on with Wave 2 and if they were able to fix the problems with the last batch of renders.

Thanks!
Forar
Hero

Re: Kickstarter Updates?

Unread post by Forar »

It just happened today!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rr ... ts/1230809

:-D

Sadly, it doesn't say anything that hasn't already been covered, other than ROW shipping is apparently now complete (barring those who haven't completed the Backerkit or responded with requests for further info).

Apparently that'll come 'in a couple of weeks'.

:-(
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

Yep the silence finally broke just to go back to it.
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

I'm happy for the ROW backers. Quite surprising that it took this long to ship.

Hopefully the next update will happen sooner and have some good info.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Seriously when are we backers getting a real update?
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

"In a couple of weeks."

aka "Soon".
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Sorry, to break the news but there is no news.

Despite evry enquiry being shouted down by those "in the know" that the Open House would lead to at least something, it was a bust. On top of which some threads are being locked because, shock horror they put forward a view that PB should be letting us know what is going on - note as far as I could see there was none of the KS comment vitriol in any of them.

Okay PB are not under any contractual clause to provide updates, but morally? After two months of teasers in the weekly news , just how far along is wave 2 - a "chunky" lancer, hideously split Gnerl and a minor model(Jotun) are not what we want to see. What of the character models, the Monster, FPA etc? After wave one there was a recognition that communication was poor and it was to be addressed, guess what you are doing it all over again.

I do so much want to like this game ( I invested enough into it) but the apparent dismissive attitude to anyone outside the PB coterie is discorteous and patronising to say the least. How do you hope to build a fan base to support any future KS/development?

OH is over, show the pictures (not more photoshopped ducks) and most of all tell us what is going on
Last edited by wilycoyote on Mon May 18, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

thanks for trying to pry info out of them. problem why many are upset at the update issue is pretty simple, pb promised us pretty much a back stage pass at the start of the kickstarter in the way of communication. several times we were promised better communication and it just seems to get no better. so the bar was set by pb pretty high and then continually taken down further and further by the actions/lack of decent update.
oh well back to my other games.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I was there at the OH. I should have asked, but forgot, but when RTT was talked about, what was said, implied from Kevin, and heard from others who have talked to Kevin and the staff is that they are not happy with the way things are going. They are trying to get things done. Not saying they don't need to update, but they might be having problems of some kind. Which, if they are, they should at least say, sorry, we are having problems and are trying to fix them, at least. They really need some type of progress report.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Alpha 11 wrote:I was there at the OH. I should have asked, but forgot, but when RTT was talked about, what was said, implied from Kevin, and heard from others who have talked to Kevin and the staff is that they are not happy with the way things are going.

What else did Kevin say about rrt? Thanks by the way.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks Alpha

Of course this does highlight the immediate problem if things ae not going well then if not absolute detail at least as backers we deserve to know something. Not knowing simply leaves a gap that so many are quite happy to fill with rumour and speculation.

Anyhow did you enjoy your first proper taste of RRT - any pics anywhere?
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I posted a # of pictures on both the Megaversal Ambassadors Facebook page, and to the RRT Facebook page.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

wilycoyote wrote:Thanks Alpha

Of course this does highlight the immediate problem if things ae not going well then if not absolute detail at least as backers we deserve to know something. Not knowing simply leaves a gap that so many are quite happy to fill with rumour and speculation.

Anyhow did you enjoy your first proper taste of RRT - any pics anywhere?

I filmed all of the OH, including me playing in the RRT tournament. :oops: Which will show me getting curb stomped a lot. :oops: It WAS the first time playing the game, so I got that excuse. And yes, that means I'll be putting it up on youtube sometime in the future. It was enjoyable. Once I play it a little more, and get to know it better, it will be even better.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Cheers both, look forward to seeing what went on

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”