Open House RTT questions

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Open House RTT questions

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

This it about the convoy vehicles and objective markers. Will GHQ vehicles work as convoy vehicles, like a Humvee? And what else can be used for objective markers other then poker chips, that would be ok to use?
Stocktigon
D-Bee

Re: Open House RTT questions

Unread post by Stocktigon »

From most other games, stuff on a base the same size as the models will work for objectives. Do you have any extra bases or a way to make anything of a similar size? Some game stores also sell similar sized bases.
Maxgravity
D-Bee

Unread post by Maxgravity »

just got my GHQ order in today. A HEMTT fits nicely on a 30mm base and is large enough that it reinforces the scale of the mecha without looking like a clown car compared to them. The design is also suitably angular enough that it looks more sci-fi than more mainstream real life vehicles.

-MaxGravity
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

HEMTT would be fine. We made the window fairly large to allow for multiple options. Zent players can even use Recovery pods as stand-ins.

Objective markers can be anything from poker chips to a 30mm or 40mm base with something on it like wreckage (the spare Battloid in the box set is good for this), crates, radio antenna, satellite, or laser cut items such as these:

http://shop.microartstudio.com/objective-markers-arrow-5-p-227.html

Or these:

http://www.litko.net/products/Targeting-Reticule-Tokens.html#.VUYvNPlViko

The key thing to remember: Objective Markers DO NOT block LOS. Convoy Vehicles DO block LOS.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Alpha 11
Palladin

Phaze wrote:HEMTT would be fine. We made the window fairly large to allow for multiple options. Zent players can even use Recovery pods as stand-ins.

Objective markers can be anything from poker chips to a 30mm or 40mm base with something on it like wreckage (the spare Battloid in the box set is good for this), crates, radio antenna, satellite, or laser cut items such as these:

http://shop.microartstudio.com/objective-markers-arrow-5-p-227.html

Or these:

http://www.litko.net/products/Targeting-Reticule-Tokens.html#.VUYvNPlViko

The key thing to remember: Objective Markers DO NOT block LOS. Convoy Vehicles DO block LOS.

Thanks for the info. It's just, I've spend enough on these things as it is, and now I have to spent more money. :( Might as well just get the poker chips and grab some Humvees for my vehicals. At least I have the Humvees already. Is it ok if I just use some sticky tack to put them on bases, so I can take them off when I'm done using them for the tournament?
Maxgravity
D-Bee

Unread post by Maxgravity »

Also remember that for this tourney, the objective markers and convoy vehicles are provided.

-Maxgravity
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

For this tourney, the MA's and Palladium are providing Objective Markers and Convoy Vehicles for those who can't bring their own.

Is it ok if I just use some sticky tack to put them on bases, so I can take them off when I'm done using them for the tournament?

Sure! Whatever works.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Alpha 11
Palladin

Maxgravity wrote:Also remember that for this tourney, the objective markers and convoy vehicles are provided.

-Maxgravity

:oops: :frust: I somehow missed that part. Story of my life. Ya, I went and got some poker chips already. Since I got them, might as well bring them.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”