Army Builder data files

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

brentil
D-Bee

Army Builder data files

Unread post by brentil »

I wanted to start a progress thread for my work on creating the Robotech RPG Tactical data files for the Army Builder program.

Download
In the Army Builder "Get Updates" area select "Add Source" at the bottom and add the URL below.
http://www.teamengr.com/Robotech/RRT01.xml

Or download the .ab file directly and Import it into AB.
http://www.teamengr.com/Robotech/RRT01.ab

Revision History
  • BETA v0.7: 2015.05.28 - All Zentraedi Characters, Support, & Special cards implemented
  • BETA v0.6: 2015.05.27 - Fixed Command Destroid missing from Phalanx & Spartan
  • BETA v0.5: 2015.05.01 - All Zentraedi Force Cards implemented
  • BETA v0.3: 2015.03.29 - Extensive Destroid data entry
  • BETA v0.2: 2015.03.24 - User feedback updates and initial Destroid setup
  • BETA v0.1: 2015.03.01 - Initial rule set build out

Current Revision Details

v0.7: 2015.05.28 - All Zentraedi Characters, Support, & Special cards implemented

BUG - Named Characters on Regults (Grell & Pirion-Galarr) do not get the Veteran Warrior bonus when applied. I'm still trying to figure out the logic.
Last edited by brentil on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
brentil
D-Bee

Re: Army Builder data files

Unread post by brentil »

Previous Versions

v0.6 - Fixed Command Destroid missing from Phalanx & Spartan

v0.5 - All Zentraedi Force Cards implemented. However Support Options (besides Regult Squad), Built-In Upgrades, & Special Characters are not implemented yet.

• Glaug
  • Gluuhaug-Regult
  • Quel-Regult
  • Regult
  • Serauhaug-Regult
  • Telnesta-Regult

• Regult Artillery Squadron
  • Regult Attack Squadron
  • Regult Attrition Squadron
  • Regult Recon Squadron

v0.3 - After the learning curve of figuring out the initial build out of the Army Builder system adding the Destroids was pretty quick.

• Defender
  • Phalanx
  • Spartan
  • Tomahawk

• Area Denial Destroid Squadron
  • Armored Destroid Squadron
  • Artillery Destroid Squadron
  • Brawler Destroid Squadron
  • Close Quarters Destroid Squadron
  • Fire Support Destroid Squadron

v0.1 - This reflects about a week of research and figuring out the Army Builder ABCreator tool. It's rather complex, almost overly complex. I however was able to figure out how to build the rules needed to reflect the unique status of Veritech vehicles between their 3 modes. I've also implemented the entire Valkyrie Squadron Core Card along with the Built-In Upgrades, Special Force Cards, Support Force Cards, and Character Cards that are for the Valkyrie Squadron. Known Issues include the fact that I have not built in all of the rulesets yet so you can do things like violate force organization by having more than two Support Force Cards and Built-In Upgrades. Also the Built-In upgrades enforcement does not pass down to the child units yet forcing them to include the upgrades. Same with allowing a Character Card to only be used once per force.

Valkyrie Squadron can be selected to add and it brings in the default units along with the upgrade choices.
http://www.teamengr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/v0.1_VS.jpg

You can add a VF-1S, upgrade two VF-1A -> VF-1R, two VF-1A Support Card units, and Built-In upgrades.
http://www.teamengr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/v0.1_VS_Units.jpg

You can add Character Cards which updates the stats with the reflected bonuses and view the weapon systems on a unit.
http://www.teamengr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/v0.1_VS_Characters.jpg
Last edited by brentil on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brentil
D-Bee

Unread post by brentil »

Big update!

v0.3 - After the learning curve of figuring out the initial build out of the Army Builder system adding the Destroids was pretty quick.

• Defender
  • Phalanx
  • Spartan
  • Tomahawk

• Area Denial Destroid Squadron
  • Armored Destroid Squadron
  • Artillery Destroid Squadron
  • Brawler Destroid Squadron
  • Close Quarters Destroid Squadron
  • Fire Support Destroid Squadron
brentil
D-Bee

Unread post by brentil »

Zentraedi update, you can get the files from the location listed at the top or newer versions of Army Builder should tell you there's an update if you previously added it.

NOTE Make sure to keep the option to delete non-update files as I've reorganized the files.

v0.5 - All Zentraedi Force Cards implemented. However Support Options (besides Regult Squad), Built-In Upgrades, & Special Characters are not implemented yet.

• Glaug
  • Gluuhaug-Regult
  • Quel-Regult
  • Regult
  • Serauhaug-Regult
  • Telnesta-Regult

• Regult Artillery Squadron
  • Regult Attack Squadron
  • Regult Attrition Squadron
  • Regult Recon Squadron
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

Thanks for this. I'll download and take a look .
brentil
D-Bee

Unread post by brentil »

NEW RELEASE

v0.7: 2015.05.28 - All Zentraedi Characters, Support, & Special cards implemented

The Zentraedi are now completely implemented for Wave 1. Please review for correctness.
BUG - Named Characters on Regults (Grell & Pirion-Galarr) do not get the Veteran Warrior bonus when applied. I'm still trying to figure out the logic.
Next up will be work on Malcontents.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”